It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a new government agency! At least it will create jobs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We need a new government agency. One to create new words to tease and insult our friends as well as to describe things. You see the problem stems from the fact that we are being told that our language can be harmful. You know how we cannot call each other Retards or say something is "So Gay!".

I anticipate that this will only continue. I mean if it is hurtful to call your buddy a retard or say something is gay then really we need to quit saying things are fat or even Phat for that matter.

Beyond this what if we say things are ugly. Then ugly people will feel bad.

Personally I am going to work to be more positive. I will only say things are "So straight" or peoples actions are so "Einstienian". But then maybe if one day I get sarcastic then I will hurt the people who are straight or have high IQ's.

Pretty much we are in big trouble, and only the government can save us, as usual. So lets create say a 10,000 member government agency full of creative people and comics to help us replace these words in our vocablulary.

The reason I think we must turn to the government is that my local county government, which is running a huge deficit this year, just spent tax dollars to produce and buy tv time for a commercial to point out the evils of the R-Word. I mean really is this a good use of tax dollars? What is next, is my country going to pay for a PSA to tell me not to launch a silent but deadly one when other people are around?

Just so you know I am not delusional, check out these PSA's on how hateful we all are, even when we dont say that is so gay around our gay friends or that is so retarded around our retarded friends.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Peace Pipe]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The "R-word' commercial... is quite frankly retarded.
I understand some people intentionally use words like this to offend, but oh well. Really get over it, there are a lot worse things going on out there. People die every second of preventable dieseases, war, and starvation, and we are spending time and money trying to change sounds we make to communicate... Human race fail.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by time91]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Well dont you think we need government help. In California they want to ban cussing and now they are trying to ban saying retard and that so gay. It will just keep going until we wont have a word left to describe anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

Exactly. What is funny to me is that words that are always seen as offending are the most efficent ways to say things.
Examples:
Original/Incorrect Politically correct
Gay Homosexual
Black African-American
Retarded Mentally Handicapped
F****d Had sexual relations with
And on and on and on and on...
When you consider it its so bizarre that people even care about connotations of words.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Let's create an agency to monitor stupid posts on internet message boards! The kind that are only posted to elicit a trolling reaction!
Know the kind I mean?
Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Yeah you make a great point. People act like a word or a phrase can kick their ass. Didn't they learn sticks and stones when they were like 5. I always think it is funny that words are considered cuss words or bad. What is the difference from the f-word and the word sex?

Plus what is a doctor going to say when he diagnoses a person to be mentally "the r-word". Its going to be tough on him.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Peace Pipe]

new topics

top topics

join