It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sends SWAT to Inspect Oil Rigs in Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Its quite normal to use SWAT like units to inspect offshore Riggs. But i would say its a bit of a over kill to use them as detectives, if there is no real threat from the people who work on the rigs.

But:

After seen a few episodes of Oil sweat and rigs. Yeah SWAT is the right tool to use here. There is to much testosterone in the American beef lol. It makes the ruffnecks look big and dangerous.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If they are fairly sure this was an act of criminal sabotage then SWAT makes sense.

Keep in mind oil rich nations do not want the US to produce more oil, would they go as far as sabotage to prevent that?

Anything is possible, however if this news is true they must know far more than is being made public.

There may have also been threats and/or a claim of responsibility before and after the oil rig incident.

Interesting twist, if true.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I don't see where oil rig inspection fits that. I could understand sending in engineers or scientists. It seems to me that this is an admission of sabotage.

That is exactly what I think.

But they are keeping it kinda quiet incase there are more sleeper agents on other rigs... geez..... bad.

Hope I'm wrong, and it's just a 'show of doing something' by Obama....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have been tracking the evolution of this story and I came up with a few sources. I woke up this afternoon to my guys saying - they are sending SWAT teams to the gulf for the oil spill. Well that sounded pretty ludicrous to me so I looked into it. If you check my Wall Street Journal source story it looks as if someone was trying to make it seem like a massive effort of investigators. So the statement was a "SWAT team" of investigators, which is a pretty childish thing to say and Special Weapons and Tactics teams are not typically how one deals with an oil spill but hey I'm getting pretty used to this whole Orwellian thing and have found just about anything is possible. such as Iran on the UN committee for Women rights. Yep - good example.

Well anyway here is some fodder for you guys to consider.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

And then I watch your video and watch it come right out of the horses mouth. Disregard everything i have said - apparently the Department of the interior will be sending in SWAT teams. What a gas!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
lol, cant believe it has taken u folks this long to see this.
I stated from the beginning this was sabotage.
But I am glad some are finally getting it.
Expect gas prices to go up !!!
More tanking of the economy...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Here, here, good call I believe, and we've been on the same page from the get go.....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lol, cant believe it has taken u folks this long to see this.
I stated from the beginning this was sabotage.
But I am glad some are finally getting it.
Expect gas prices to go up !!!
More tanking of the economy...

I think you are jumping the gun with this sabotage idea. This is not the first time a Oil rig as burned down in the Gulf.

I bet this event is do to human error and lack of fallowing correct rig procedures, As it most of en is.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"Never let a crisis go to waste."

-Obama right-hand man Rahm Emanuel

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Let me see, will the standard, it was pilot error be used?

If no one knows what I mean, anytime a problem cannot be deduced in a plane crash, the ol pilot error thing is trotted out.

I think you guys are barking up the right tree.

Something smells fishy in Denmark and I do not think it is the Danes.

As for Fox saying Obama is going to do everything in his power, that is just the SOP of our federal government. Place all blame or heroism on the head guy, that way everything can be his fault or heroism that can be pointed to.

Remember the old adage, it is not the puppethead that is in charge, it is the puppet master.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ask the right questions to get the correct answers. We lost many platforms in hurricanes. Did they leak like this? What are the safety stops for this. Age of the rig and was it designed to hold oil for offload or piped to the main land?

Deepwater Horizon

Some quick details

This article says it was a blow out

The rig is leased by BP and was built in South Korea. Maybe the Halliburton parts on board were to blame

My best guess is that the rigs that were hit during Katrina in the Gulf of Mexico had time to be shut down properly. If this was a blow out or terrorism then no one had time to do much other than send a distress signal.

Better research and insight

[edit on 29-4-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The rig is leased by BP and was built in South Korea. Maybe the Halliburton parts on board were to blame

Yeah..and now apparently Haliburton is going to help investigate it.....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Thread already ongoing here thanks
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This whole story has had my suspicions going from the beginning.

To me oil rigs seem like an irresistible plum for any terrorist organization. The effect on oil prices and the catastrophic economic and environmental costs to the gulf region will be staggering.

I haven't heard any media outlets mention terrorism yet and the fact that there seems to be a total news blackout on the causes or terrorism speculation means that there is some serious news spinning going on at high ranks because it seems to encompass most media outlets.

Also the fact that there are reports of multiple explosions at the rig and the fact that oil rigs don't just "totally explode" with modern techs I'm surprised at this total destruction.

This newest news regarding the SWAT teams being deployed has response and 'fear of more similar attacks' written all over it.

My guess is we aren't being told the whole truth. Either terrorism, or bombing, or false flag op might be the real cause of this rig explosion.

[edit on (4/30/10) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Something sure does stink about this.
They are going to pass the blame watch the other hand.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Since I drill oil & gas wells for a living and have for over 30 years, it is apparent that ATS needs a little engineering lesson. First there is a difference between a platform & a drilling rig. A platform is set to produce, seprate and transport production from wells. If one wanted to sabotage production this would be a more likley target since it doesn't move and could effect supply. The Horizon was a floating drill ship, drilling a test well to determine whether there was oil there and also evaluate whether there is enough oil to go to the expense of setting a production platform.

The Horizon according to my second hand sources was hanging the 7" OD production string in the wellhead, supposedly after cementing in place to prevent any migration from the bottom of the hole. The well blew out the annulus between the 7" and the next larger casing(probably 9 5/8") while they were attmepting to hang the casing and temporarily abandon until addditional delineation wells were drilled and the prodution platform was set. I heard that the blow out preventers could not be closed only at this critical part of the operation, due to the tools used to hang the production casing. Normally the blowout preventer can close around the pipe or can close by severing all the pipe in the hole to stop an escape. If there was too much metal in the way the blind rams were unable to close therefore the ensuing tourist attraction as we call a blowout onshore.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If this was indeed terrorism (and it does sound suspicious with the new reports of an initial explosion 3 hours before) then I fully expect it to be covered up and denied. Why? Admission that a terrorist attack occurred would further harm Obama's popularity.

As for "SWAT team", wouldent the US Coast Guard handle any incidents on oil rigs? I believe their version of SWAT teams are called Maritime Safety & Security Teams but I could be wrong. The USCG has a whole host of special operations type units that seem like they all do the same thing ...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

I know a little about drilling, in the construction field and a cousin works the rigs. Anyway, is it standard for that much oil to just FLOW out of the pipes? For days on end.

Did they maybe hit a huge pool? I always thought they had to pump to keep the flow going. Or is it in the beginning the difference in pressures down there are much higher and the oil flows from the difference in pressures?

Just wondering.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Most oil fields are discovered at pressures that are equal or greater than the hydrostatic head of water. Not trying to talk down, but this is the reason you have water pressure in your home from a water tower. Since oil weighs less than water(8.33#/gal) then the pressure in the reservoir is sufficient to lift the oil without artificial lift, where it would be unable to lift water from the same depth without mechanical aid.

The hydrostatic head of fresh water is .433 psi/ft of depth. The well was reported to be 18,600' deep, so the bottom hole pressure is at least 8000 psi. The oil also has gas in solution further lightening the column so if the oil and gas weigh 5#/gal then a column of oil & gas has a hydrostatic head of .26 psi/ft. In all probability wells at this depth have much higher pressures than the normal gradient so the resrvoir pressure can easily overcome the hydrostatic head of the oil column allowing the well to flow easily.

The actual rate at which it is flowing is pure speculation on anyone's part. If you spill a quart of oil on water it looks like the Exxon valdez and there is no way to get any king of accurate measurment of volume from an oil slick.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

Understood everything, I am also an A&P Mechanic with engineering courses also, thanks for the info.

Viscosity and surface tension does make the oil spread like wildfire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join