It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have a soul...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply--and how good is a timely word!"

All I can do is say thank you for the verse. Many thanks. As the kids are saying a lot these days. True that!

Godless
A very well thought out response. If dancing around toes was a profession.
You might be giving a class at cambridge. Good show.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

To me, there is little doubt that mankind has a soul. The continual historical pursuit for a god is all the evidence I need to support this.

Every civilization throughout all of time has sought to understand their existence through a pursuit of the gods. That alone is enough to say that we all have a soul and desire to commune with the gods.

What other reason would there possibly be for this? I simply cannot explain it any other way.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intjus01

With out a doubt so many more things become explainable when the
soul is considered. Just as a belief in God. Helps us get through life.
I love what John Wayne is quoted as saying. John Wayne of all people.

Life is tough. It's even tougher, if you're stupid.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're welcome! The real joy lies in the words of wisdom that penetrated your daughter's heart and the peace it brought to her,and your joy as a father in knowing you have encouraged her soul to continue experiencing what comes her way.

It's so hard to see our children suffering with the burdens this life often entails! One day,when my daughter was around 15,she was really happy about something,everything in her life at that moment was "fantastic",not a care in the world...I took a moment in all seriousness to remind her of a time not much before then,when things were just "terrible",and how she had felt that her life was "miserable". I guess the lesson was when things are bad,it doesn't last forever,and life is made up of all those variations that give our life texture and value.

In any case,it was one of those times I felt that what I was saying really sunk in,and the next time she got depressed,she could remember that it was just a part of life,vs, "the end of the world". (For a teenage girl,that's a real feat!)

Today,she is a wonderfully competant young woman who deals admirably with adversity,and creatively finds ways to improve her circumstances.

I can't take all the credit,but I like to think I helped her,as any parent would,when they can! (Thank God for those times we can!) More often than not,I find myself biting my tounge before "preaching" to her and turning her off from what I say altogether.

Funny how if it's a parent saying something,they want to reject it,but if a friend of theirs says the same thing,it's totally "cool"!

Fine line between guiding them and letting them find their own way.(Aaargh!!... The toughest but the best job I've ever had!)

May God have mercy on us all in this troubled world and bless us in our attempts to say and do the right things,at the right time,with love above all.

P.S. The other lesson that "sunk in" was the idea the "We'll always have enough for today!" Get throgh today,and tomorrow we can get through tomorrow!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I honestly believe in no god, soul, nothing. I would say your representation of a soul is mere "sensations" you would feel during certain situations. But that's just me. I don't understand the fine tunings of consciousness or how the human brain stores memory, so there could be some ignorance to my assumptions.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I honestly believe in no god, soul, nothing. I would say your representation of a soul is mere "sensations" you would feel during certain situations. But that's just me. I don't understand the fine tunings of consciousness or how the human brain stores memory, so there could be some ignorance to my assumptions.
reply to post by UncleCid

At least you are not closed minded in your uncertainty. A plus for you at any rate. Thanks for posting.

Thread Closed

[edit on 29-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I disagree with you on so many levels, but the end result is what is important.

Your daughter regained her mental health (not saying she was insane just that her thoughts weren't sitting right with her, thus not at full mental health). If she felt better, and found some peace, who is to argue?

For those that consider what you did/said to be right (that there is a god, there is a soul, etc.); To find your path, you must find yourself.
To those who believe you are wrong; "“Be happy. It's one way of being wise.
And for myself; May I have the knowledge to say I don't know, and the courage to be at peace with that.

I hope that regardless of what you believe, you continue to find solutions to your problems, in your own ways; because whether we have a soul or not, it is such acts that define the essence of humanity.

Good luck.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm glad I have a soul. Thank you G-D

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy, you have a believer here.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Randy, you have a believer here.

I hope that regardless of what you believe, you continue to find solutions to your problems, in your own ways; because whether we have a soul or not, it is such acts that define the essence of humanity.

Well now how cool is that? To think I tried to close this thread. Thanks for ignoring my weak moment.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Congradulations on your new found peace Mr. Randy.

Sometimes we can get lost in the intricancie's of religious banter, yet In the end it doesn't matter which religion or set of ideals we use along the way, ... as long as they serve us for the better,

may yours serve you well my friend.

slightly off topic, ... how old is your daughter ??

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Congradulations on your new found peace Mr. Randy.

Sometimes we can get lost in the intricancie's of religious banter, yet In the end it doesn't matter which religion or set of ideals we use along the way, ... as long as they serve us for the better,

may yours serve you well my friend.

slightly off topic, ... how old is your daughter ??

Stella Sorry for the long delay . I get all bent at the mods sometimes.
:bnghd:. My daughter is thirty and she has done me so proud.
Thank you for the words. There is a kindness in them that I always see even when you post your mischief. By my own human nature I respect that. You have made me burst in laughter more than once. kewl

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

30 aye ? .... well I just happen to be 29.
"wink"

I'm kidding Randy, don't hurt me.

Shame they moved it to BTS, it's like a death sentence for threads !

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah She's taken and happy for now mon. I'll let you know if that changes though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join