It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have a soul...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When ever your heart burns wth a longing for someone or something. When nostalgia brings a yearning for days gone by. You feel these things because you have a soul. Recently my daughter asked me if it ever stops? That burnig? I told her," Honey you don't ever want that to stop. That's your soul". I told her that's how you feel the things you can't see. All immaterial feelings are felt by the soul.
It is being able to feel these things that let you know you have a soul. Stop feeling the things that can't be examined in a laboratory, and you have lost your soul.

Some people can't feel love or lonliness or compassion for another human being. Ted Bundy never felt remorse for anything he did. I would say Ted had no soul. The soul feels hate, jealousy and anger also and It can control all these unseen feelings. If something is felt that means it exists. Just as if something is seen or heard. I often wonder, if the world is filling up with souless people. The soul must be nurtured in the young or the world will not know God.

I'm writing this because today God has made me a little bit happier. My daughter called and she now sounds like a different person. The zest is back in her voice.She thanked me for what I told her and said that was exactly what she needed to here. Now she dosn't feel so alone. My daughter has had it very rough from day one. Her mother isn't capable of love. I've been terribly worried about my daughter most of her life..

Today I walk in a new peace.

Thanking God.
I don't think there could be a better manifistation of the
Creator in a persons life. I'm glad I'm a creationist.

I could add this on then will you move it back?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Firstly I do not believe in any god but I do entertain/suspect the concept of a soul, energy force, life force or whatever else you might wish to call it and your post was beautiful and it found a very real resonance with me.

Thank you for posting this and I am glad you have found a semblance of peace

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree. Randy, I like your posts. Although, I get what you are saying, I'm sure someone is going to read the word "God" and think of the deity-ruler concept, which I am NOT a fan of.

I tired to send you vibes as thanks, and for encouragement. Let me know if it hit ya.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Actually that is a chemical reaction in your body.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Thank you smoke. Kind words. You see this as I had hoped. Not as any attempt to convince but as an explanation for the things I do believe..

mynameisJuan

I tired to send you vibes as thanks, and for encouragement. Let me know if it hit ya.

It hit me if you mean did I feel it? Of course I have a soul.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy Buddy...

When ever your heart burns with a longing for someone or something. When nostalgia brings a yearning for days gone by. You feel these things because you have a soul.

Biological/Chemical shifts within ourselves affect our personality to include emotions/consciousness and even our physical well being. These shifts are due to our environment and our circumstances, and a/or combination of both.

There is no soul...unless Aretha Franklin is in the room.

With that said - glad to hear your daughter is doing better man.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Like what is with this ignorance, towards randy. Give him some respect instead of saying stupid things, like good stoory randy but those feelings are just chemical reactions. There is no soul. Grow up guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

A reply all your own.
Happy
My friend
I had the strongest feeling I would be hearing from you on the first page.
Didn't even know if you were hear or not. Trip.

Your chemically surmised explanations I fear would not have been able to induce a remedy for a troubled heart. Which is why weather he exists or not.
I have to give thanks. Surely you see that

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I like to think of the concept of a soul as something that has meaning, but only in a dynamic system. Like a waterfall. A waterfall is a transient thing. It changes completely every second, yet we can still give it a name and recognize it for what it is.

So as long as I'm alive, and all my various components are working together to create my consciousness, I have something kind of like a "soul." But the second I'm dead, just like if a waterfall runs out of water, my soul or consciousness instantly ceases to exist. But with me, there's no chance of getting any new water. It's gone for good.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Interesting post.

I strongly believe that I am more than my physical body.

Many years ago I put to practice some types of prayer that allowed me to have an experience that is beyond our current reality.

Many people on this site argue that there is no soul, there is no god, prove there is a god etc. As soon as you have a true metaphysical experience, from that point forward you know there is more, however you might not really understand what comes next.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Kull
Thank you for your kind words.
You're another person worth respecting to be sure. I'm sure you know I'm a scrapper though. I expect a lot of what's coming. I'm fine with it or I wouldn't lay it out.

WildBob

Many people on this site argue that there is no soul, there is no god, prove there is a god etc. As soon as you have a true metaphysical experience, from that point forward you know there is more, however you might not really understand what comes next.

It appears we come from the same side of the tracks Bob.

Thank you all for your posts.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi Randy, beautiful thought. I am much in accordance with your views. Would you let me quote part of that? (your phrasing, not personal info) I am currently writing a novel.
God bless

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi Randy, beautiful thought. I am much in accordance with your views. Would you let me quote part of that? (your phrasing, not personal info) I am currently writing a novel.
God bless

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by the_love_bug

Hi Randy, beautiful thought. I am much in accordance with your views. Would you let me quote part of that? (your phrasing, not personal info) I am currently writing a novel. God bless

I would be honoured. Thank you for posting.

IhateJon
What's it like to be so consumed?
Never mind
I'm glad I don't know.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
According to the !Kung bushmen in Africa every single part of my body has its own soul; my feet, my hands, my fingers, my large intestine, etc. Some cultures think that EVERYTHING has a soul, including inanimate objects like rocks and stones. Practically all religious philosophies talk of "souls" but not many of them agree on exactly what a soul is or what it is comprised of. I think that us Judeo-Christo types identify that feeling of "being' as the source of the soul, that notion that you have a distinct identity.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by godless]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
As a parent myself,I can relate to your concerns and share in the joy,peace,and thankfulness that you are experiencing.

From what I've seen by your many posts,your daughter is blessed to have you for a father!

"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply--and how good is a timely word!"
Proverbs 15:23

top topics

<<   2 >>

join