It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election 2010: Leaders clash in final TV debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

TextThe leaders of Britain's three biggest parties have gone head-to-head over the economy in the final TV debate before next week's general election.

Just watched the final Leaders Debate which was broadcast by the BBC from Birmingham University. Brown often brought up child tax credits as a defence mechanism but managed to acknowledge his wrong doing from yesterday “As you saw yesterday, I don’t get all of it right, but I do know how to run the economy, in good times and in bad,” Clegg was often mumbling and blushing for the most part but drilled David Cameron for an answer on how he proposes to put a cap on immigration and once again it appears Cameron came out on top in the polls but still avoided quiestions that needed answering by Nick and the PM. Anybody else chat it and want to share their thoughts?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
IMHO, You are now seeing Gordon Brown in his last 7 days as Prime Minister and Leader of the Labour Party, there will be a coup within the Labour Party by the end of May I predict.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I thought the final debate ended with a whimper, none of them really said anything new. I thought Clegg did better overall than the other two though.
IMO He won outright over the three debates by side-stepping the old style blame game Cameron and Brown were using throughout.
On the whole it was an interesting 3 weeks BUT! I was expecting a bit more passion from the three, being the last night I thought the gloves might have come off....

One thing I would change is the audience should be allowed to participate and react to the answers given, as yesterday showed when a real member of the public talks to a politician, they are far more probing than the tamed media.......

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

While I dont agree with your outcome assessment, I do agree that audience participation like applause and more heated/contraversial questioning should be implemented.

Hmmm, I see that Labour have now 'dragged out' Tony Blair. This could easily backfire on Gordon Brown as they are seen as the two that dragged the UK into two wars.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
UKIP should have been included in the debates, or at least one of them. After reading their Manifesto they have put down plenty of appropriate policies and should not be shunned away by the big dogs in the game. Although on the other hand i suppose if UKIP got involved then all the other smaller parties would expect to take part and the event would be dragged out for hours on end. I dont agree with Clegg appearing to come out on top during the debate, he continously mumbled and blushed on several questions. Brown kept his cool safe in the knowledge that the other two leaders would not be bringing up the 'Bigot' incident.

top topics

join