It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Beings are the Sovereign Authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

We the People

The STATE is not superior to us, it is our creation. Corporations are not superior to us, they are our creations. As I walk around going about my day-to-day business I have noticed that I am becoming more and more angry at the fact that I am not free. Unless of course, our concepts of freedom are nothing more than petty notions of having the ability to choose what form of mindless entertainment one wants to dumb themselves down with.

I personally do not feel that the revolutionaries who fought to build the Republic that we take for granted within these United States, were only concerned with entertainment. Our American forefathers did not start a war to make sure we would have 150 different channels to choose from on television.

I am more angry than anything because I know deep down inside that my body is not my property. When I cannot even make the most simple decision about what I put inside of myself, it must be deduced that I do not have the authority that I think I should.

Who has such authority over my body? And how did they obtain such power?

Our lack of freedom is our fault because we do not defend ourselves. The spirit of resistance has died somewhere inside of us. We are too frightened to resist anything, and that is tyranny.

We have forgotten what sovereignty means, we have forgotten who has the rightful authority in this republic. I do not type these words because I am privileged to do so, I type them because I have the authority to, and I will defend that authority.

The people are the sovereigns, not any King, State, Congress, Prime Minister, Corporation, or Representative. They merely derive their authority from US and agents of the State carry-out their duties by the PRIVILEGES that WE have GRANTED to them.

We are the power, and our representatives are 2nd class citizens.

I will never accept any philosophy that entails me giving up any liberty so some entity can pretend to "protect me."

The only law, is the

Law of Defiance

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Unless of course, our concepts of freedom are nothing more than petty notions of having the ability to choose what form of mindless entertainment one wants to dumb themselves down with.

This comming from the guy with the southpark avatar.lol

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by dalan.

Unless of course, our concepts of freedom are nothing more than petty notions of having the ability to choose what form of mindless entertainment one wants to dumb themselves down with.

This comming from the guy with the southpark avatar.lol

Don't take the avatar out of context.

I chose to make the depiction of Muhammad dressed in the bear suit my avatar out of principle. The fact that Comedy Central bowed down to fear and censored the episode-in-controversy is something that I am completely against.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
-Benjamin Franklin

Instead of insulting me, why don't you say something relevant to what I wrote?

Appeal to Ridicule

The Appeal to Ridicule is a fallacy in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence in an "argument." This line of "reasoning" has the following form:

1. X, which is some form of ridicule is presented (typically directed at the claim).
2. Therefore claim C is false.

Your assumption is that:

A. South Park is mindless entertainment

B. I watch television because I have a South Park avatar.

C. I must engage myself with mindless entertainment.

Do you have anything productive to add?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Okay....
It would be an appeal to riddicule if i said anything about your argument. Like
"Those South Park Republicans! They think that acting like total retards makes them right!"
Which i did not. I just pointed out that the south park avatar was funny considering that someone was complaining about "mindless entertainment"

Im not sure most people think "productive" just means "OH you are SOOOOOOO right F&S!!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com... (just a good example)

But anyways back on topic:

Sure ill take a stab.

I personally do not feel that the revolutionaries who fought to build the Republic that we take for granted within these United States, were only concerned with entertainment.

No they were interested in developing a country that was independent and worked for the good of all (except black people at the time).

Our American forefathers did not start a war to make sure we would have 150 different channels to choose from on television.

Yeah but they did not start a war so we could complain about how bad things are over the internet either.

I am more angry than anything because I know deep down inside that my body is not my property. When I cannot even make the most simple decision about what I put inside of myself, it must be deduced that I do not have the authority that I think I should.

Your body is your property. Nobody is stopping you from doing anything to it, do whatever you want. You can put whatever you want within your body a bottle of mayo or a cucumber. But im going to go out on a limb here and say you are talking about drugs. Yes congress does have the power to say what is legal and what is not. Drugs are one of those things they said are illegal so ya can't do it. But im going to go out on another limb and say it does not stop anyone.

Through the power of the people, we put the government in office and they do what they do.

Our lack of freedom is our fault because we do not defend ourselves. The spirit of resistance has died somewhere inside of us. We are too frightened to resist anything, and that is tyranny.

What lack of freedom? Freedom of speech and freedom of religion, we got it. So what freedoms are you talking about exactly. Freedom is a very broad term.

The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today among human creatures.

We have forgotten what sovereignty means, we have forgotten who has the rightful authority in this republic. I do not type these words because I am privileged to do so, I type them because I have the authority to, and I will defend that authority.

That alone is such an interesting statement. Explain to me what you think sovereignty means and how we have "forgotten" what it means, the rest is just rhetorical dribble.

The people are the sovereigns, not any King, State, Congress, Prime Minister, Corporation, or Representative. They merely derive their authority from US and agents of the State carry-out their duties by the PRIVILEGES that WE have GRANTED to them.

Well yes and no...
We are the power and our representatives are not second class citizens they do what we vote on.

I will never accept any philosophy that entails me giving up any liberty so some entity can pretend to "protect me."

Well that is the problem with people who talk up a good game about the "power of the people". When "the people" decide against their personal wishes this it is "OMG MY FREEDOM MY RIGHTS BLAAAAAAAAA". So well i do realize that this is in the rant board you really do not bring up any issue really. It is all just a bunch of vague crying about the system that i would expect to hear out of a highschool gov class kids mouth while he is at starbucks running his mouth like somebody cares.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
oh yeah i forgot

Your assumption is that:

A. South Park is mindless entertainment

Oh it is. It was just a crappy cartoon marketed towards 14 year old boys with mostly burp and fart jokes and latter turned into a soap box for their right-wing beliefs. They will once in a while reverse the role to appear to be "cool". Oh lets do a show about
"shoving a lemming up a kids rear. Yeah and then lets do one on shoving food up there"
"ratings are getting low guys"
"Quick do an eppisode that will get us a death-threat and sensationalize our show"

B. I watch television because I have a South Park avatar.

That is not a huge leap in logic.

No but you think it is probably "deep and intelectual"

I chose to make the depiction of Muhammad dressed in the bear suit my avatar out of principle. The fact that Comedy Central bowed down to fear and censored the episode-in-controversy is something that I am completely against.

Okay so you are against people bowing down to death threats, i can respect that. But are you for using the freedom of speech to insult others and mock their beliefs? I mean comedy central decided to do what they want it was their right to do it, the fact that they were able to leak the show and have a censored version available really only shows that it was a huge and successfull publicity stunt. If parker and stone a\have the freedom to blast whatever they want you have to respect that commedy central has every right to choose what does and does not air on their network.
I think that whole affair is just goes to show you that just because you can say anything does not mean you should.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by dalan.

Okay....
It would be an appeal to riddicule if i said anything about your argument. Like
"Those South Park Republicans! They think that acting like total retards makes them right!"
Which i did not. I just pointed out that the south park avatar was funny considering that someone was complaining about "mindless entertainment"

Yeah, I jumped the gun with that one.

I just was not in a good mood the other day, I am glad that BTS has the rant forum, just being able to blow off some steam through writing, even is it si vague, is quite nice.

Sorry if I came off as rude or defensive.

Im not sure most people think "productive" just means "OH you are SOOOOOOO right F&S!!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com... (just a good example)

No, I do not mind a differing opinion. That is the only way to learn, not sitting around with people who arbitrarily agree with everything that you say.

I personally do not feel that the revolutionaries who fought to build the Republic that we take for granted within these United States, were only concerned with entertainment.

No they were interested in developing a country that was independent and worked for the good of all (except black people at the time).

Agreed.

Our American forefathers did not start a war to make sure we would have 150 different channels to choose from on television.

Yeah but they did not start a war so we could complain about how bad things are over the internet either.

Depends on whether or not you would consider my rant to fall under Freedom of Speech.

Your body is your property. Nobody is stopping you from doing anything to it, do whatever you want. You can put whatever you want within your body a bottle of mayo or a cucumber. But im going to go out on a limb here and say you are talking about drugs. Yes congress does have the power to say what is legal and what is not. Drugs are one of those things they said are illegal so ya can't do it. But im going to go out on another limb and say it does not stop anyone.

Haha! I was actually refering to cucumbers...,

Seriously though, no, Congress does not have the power to regulate what we put in our bodies. Congress actually has very limited power:

Powers Grantes to Congress

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

Now the Interstate Commerce Clause is the really interesting power, because I do believe that is how Congress has gotten around passing many laws. If Congress has the power to regulate commerce between the several states, they could easily make it unlawful for the several states to engage in drug trafficking.

Which would not explain why they are outlawed in all 50 states.

Maybe the tenth amendment really is dead.

Through the power of the people, we put the government in office and they do what they do.

But, like you said, my body is my property, so the people should not have the power to do anything regarding my property.

Unless, of course, my property is actually State property.

What lack of freedom? Freedom of speech and freedom of religion, we got it. So what freedoms are you talking about exactly. Freedom is a very broad term.

That is a very good question, and it made me stop and think about what sense of freedom do I really want? What is it that I feel like I am missing?

I really have no answer yet.

But thank you for bringing the question to my awareness.

That alone is such an interesting statement. Explain to me what you think sovereignty means and how we have "forgotten" what it means, the rest is just rhetorical dribble.

I have a copy of Black's Law Dictionary, Third Pocket Edition and it actually defines sovereignty quite succinctly:

sovereignty.1. Supreme dominion, authority, or rule.

and:

Sovereign,n.1. A person, body, or state vested with independent and supreme authority.

Link

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The idea of being sovereign is a natural law philosophy, because it does require the concept of some Creator endowing one with said authority. Like the Monarchs of old, who usually ruled their shires under the guise of "The Divine Right of Kings." A philosophy that basically placed all power in their hands alone.

Our forefathers, being the deists that many of them were, took that concept of absolute authority, and spread it out to all people in the republic. Our authority as sovereigns comes from our property or as the saying goes "All Rights derive from property."

Our form of government, the republic, is literally a social contract among sovereigns to protect our authority. As the Declaration of Independence states:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

The government is our creation, and our representatives work on the basis of privilege and privilege alone. Our mentality today though seems to be quite different. We have forgotten that we are literally Kings and Queens within these United States. Furthermore we have been fooled into believing that we are a democracy. Which is a very terrible lie.

So being the sovereign authority of my property (body, land, etc), I have the rightful authority, under the rule of law, to make the final decision as to what I do with my property. No majority of people can in any way vote away my unalienable rights, I am protected under the rule of law (social contract) that we created.

I do not feel that the rest of my above statement was rhetorical dribble. That was just how strongly I was feeling about it at the time.

Well yes and no...
We are the power and our representatives are not second class citizens they do what we vote on.

Yes, you are right. That was a very tongue-and-cheek statement for me to make. They are by no means 2nd class citizens. I am just upset because I do not feel like I have a representative of my own.

It is a very disheartening feeling.

Well that is the problem with people who talk up a good game about the "power of the people". When "the people" decide against their personal wishes this it is "OMG MY FREEDOM MY RIGHTS BLAAAAAAAAA".

They can't.

The people cannot in any way, shape, or form vote away my rights. That was the entire point of our system of government, to make sure that any form of tyranny was snuffed out of the republic, including democracy.

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

So well i do realize that this is in the rant board you really do not bring up any issue really. It is all just a bunch of vague crying about the system that i would expect to hear out of a high school gov class kids mouth while he is at Starbucks running his mouth like somebody cares.

I do not understand why you have to be so insulting?

I hate Starbucks.

In fact, I dislike the majority of Corporations.

most High School students are to preoccupied with High School gossip to even post an interesting rant.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by dalan.]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

No but you think it is probably "deep and intellectual"

Sometimes I do.

It takes a pretty profound mind to create Mecha-Streisand.

Okay so you are against people bowing down to death threats, i can respect that. But are you for using the freedom of speech to insult others and mock their beliefs?

That depends on what you consider to be mocking someone. I would be all for protecting someone's right to make parodies and satire. Even if someone felt like they were being mocked.

Insulting someone, while very mean-spirited, is not something that I feel we have the authority to stop. While freedom-of-speech is a right that we have, with rights do come responsibility. I could very well go running into a busy grocery store and start screaming FIRE when there is none, but even if I can...one would have to greatly consider the cost of one's actions.

I mean comedy central decided to do what they want it was their right to do it

Yes, they do have every right to do what they want with their programs.

the fact that they were able to leak the show and have a censored version available really only shows that it was a huge and successful publicity stunt. If parker and stone a\have the freedom to blast whatever they want you have to respect that commedy central has every right to choose what does and does not air on their network.

I do respect Comedy Central's right to decide what they air and what they do not air on their network, and I would help them to defend that right as well.

But that does not mean that I agree with them.

I think that whole affair is just goes to show you that just because you can say anything does not mean you should.

Maybe that is a lesson that I need to learn.

I have the uncanny ability of being able to shoot myself in the foot.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes but where did you attain that mind set? Sure if you can say something some things you shouldn't right?

Well To me some of the greatest statements made in life would be the ones that Everyone thinks that you shouldn't say. If No one has the Guts to speak up no one will ever get anywhere more then the false truths laid out in front of them.

new topics

top topics

join