It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: David Kay Speaks Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Former chief U.S. weapons inspector, David Kay stated on BBC Radio 4 today that the U.S. and British government were wrong about their case against Iraq, and therefore its leaders should openly admit it and apologies for the fact.
Mr kay led the hunt for Saddam's �hidden� WMD stockpiles until he left as head of the Iraq Survey Group (ISG) last January.

BBC

original news source
Weapons of mass destruction do not exist in Iraq and it is "delusional" to think they will be found, says former chief US weapons inspector David Kay.

He said Saddam Hussein had intended to reconstitute his weapons programme at some point and had acted illegally.
However, there were no actual WMD stockpiles, he said.
He said at the time that he did not believe there had been large-scale production of chemical or biological weapons in Iraq since the end of the first Gulf War in 1991.

Referring to U.K. Prime Minister by name:
"Anyone out there holding - as I gather Prime Minister Blair has recently said - the prospect that, in fact, the Iraq Survey Group is going to unmask actual weapons of mass destruction, are really delusional."

"There was a programme there. There was an intention of Saddam Hussein at some point to reconstitute it... but there are not actual stockpiles of newly produced weapons of mass destruction"

"There were clearly illegal activities, clear violations of UN Security Council resolutions. We have accumulated that evidence and really have accumulated that evidence to a considerable degree four months ago."

"We simply got it wrong."

"Iraq was a dangerous country, Saddam was an evil man and we are better off without him and all of that. But we were wrong in our estimation."

related news:

Gulf Daily News

[edit on 5-6-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 5-6-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 6-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
.... as SOOO many said before this mess ever happened. Bush just hopes that everyone forgets about all that before election time.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Key word (as underlined) here: "newly produced weapons".
I believe that the UN resolutions covering this, did not imply any such wordings as "newly", or no specific dates of when manufactured. What I do recall is that the UN resolutions covering this mentioned that Saddam and Iraq had to account for and dismantle and destroy everything, implying everything down to the last Sarin gas artillery shell to the reference strains of biological organisms in vials, etc.

I also recall that Saddam and Iraq was strictly forbidden, by said covering UN resolutions, from having anything related to WMD programs.

I agree with Mr. Kay, in that, Saddam was smart enough not to leave caches of WMDs lying around to be 'easily' found. I believe that Saddam's programs were so that he could produce said WMD when he needed them, and as much as he needed. I'm wondering when Mr. Kay is going to come out and explain why the UN records still mention and show Saddam and Iraq as still having unaccounted for WMDs, in that Mr. Kay is doing such a fine job discrediting the US/UK intelligence sources. Maybe someone can get Mr. Kay to also re-mention where he thinks those unaccounted for Iraqi WMDs are or had/have been moved to......as he once so claimed and stated with the same sureness as he is stating and using the word "delusional" with said such sureness.

seekerof

[edit on 5-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Maybe someone can get Mr. Kay to also re-mention where he thinks those unaccounted for Iraqi WMDs are or had/have been moved to......as he once so claimed and stated with the same sureness as he is stating and using the word "delusional" with said such sureness.

seekerof

Yeah, Maybe someone can get Mr. Kay to also mention what he did with the oil credits Saddam's oil ministry gave him...
Can you say PAYOLA!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Kaye is the worst kind of hypocrite. As an inspector in the field, he reported many times that Saddam had WoMD (he even reported possession of a nuclear weapon). Probably more than anyone else, Kaye was responsible for creating the fear in the West of WoMD. Time and time again he reported back stating that Iraq was developing all sorts of nasties. It was mainly his evidence which the West relied on. He only changed his tune when his Iraqi paymasters (through the UN) looked like their days were inevitably numbered.

Yet I don't see him apologising.

top topics

join