It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social networking sites..facebook etc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have found many of old friends, or they have found me, since I've been on FB. These are people I lost track off over the years and really never expected to catch up with again. So, I have really enjoyed having it. I DON'T post about my day to day activities, although some in my family do. I also play several of those silly games.

For 20+ years I have researched the things found on ATS. Sometimes I just get burned out, have to take a break from it all or I'll "go postal". FB, for me, is a great escape from all the crap going on that I just get sick of hearing about and have no control over.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
I have found many of old friends, or they have found me, since I've been on FB. These are people I lost track off over the years and really never expected to catch up with again. So, I have really enjoyed having it. I DON'T post about my day to day activities, although some in my family do. I also play several of those silly games.

For 20+ years I have researched the things found on ATS. Sometimes I just get burned out, have to take a break from it all or I'll "go postal". FB, for me, is a great escape from all the crap going on that I just get sick of hearing about and have no control over.

I use my 360 for that

and friend please calm down abit,i didnt say you DID, as i keep saying i see this is the way alot of people seem to use it,i respect the fact that it works for you and i know a few people myself who use it for the same purpose as you ,i was merely pointing out the fact that this is the way i see the majority of people around me using it.thankyou for your time

regards

[edit on 29-4-2010 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
No offence to females but it also seems like more females are sucked into this "fanatical facebook mode" than men,i make that judgement from the people around me though so i may be wrong,although i do know atleast 3 blokes who are real bad with it.

This is what I also feel, but was hesitant to say so just in case I was broadly generalising based on my personal acquaintances.
Some research appears to back up that women aged 18-24 are more likely to use facebook than men of the same age. 63% to 37%.
The gender difference appears to gradually level out from ages 25 onwards.

www.readwriteweb.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
No offence to females but it also seems like more females are sucked into this "fanatical facebook mode" than men,i make that judgement from the people around me though so i may be wrong,although i do know atleast 3 blokes who are real bad with it.

This is what I also feel, but was hesitant to say so just in case I was broadly generalising based on my personal acquaintances.
Some research appears to back up that women aged 18-24 are more likely to use facebook than men of the same age. 63% to 37%.
The gender difference appears to gradually level out from ages 25 onwards.

www.readwriteweb.com...

Thankyou,that sort of supports what im saying.Never be afraid to be honest and share your opinion

thankyou for your time

regards

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have found a link that argues for both sides but is an interesting read.

link~news.discovery.com...

regards

[edit on 30-4-2010 by FeatheredSerpent]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join