It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Million Mexican March to Mexico City? Y Not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UruFist

Reading through the posts again I realize my mistake. I responded to Goethe, however, you responded to my response as if it were directed at you...thereby leading me to believe you shared those views.

Once again to you OP, protests do occur...do you have any other options?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Hey Links, I just want to reeducate you on what the construction force is like in Arizona.

My stepfather has been in construction plumbing (one of the hardset jobs I've ever experienced) for well over 20 years. His father owned a company in Michigan, and my stepfather grew up learning the trade.

Anyway, we moved to AZ in 2003, his father passed away before we could establish the business there. My stepfather, WITH his 20+ years of experience, COULD NOT GET A JOB.

Do you want to know why? Because the illegal situation there is soooo bad that they hire on "skilled" workers without creditable references rather than pushing the extra 3$ an hour to my stepfather, who has a LOT of references from Michigan contractors.

Don't presume it's because Americans are "lazy" it's because businesses are CHEAP and the Feds don't help matters. Which is why LEGAL citizens are all for the new bill, and I would be happy to help orchestrate a march for the illegals.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by UruFist

Reading through the posts again I realize my mistake. I responded to Goethe, however, you responded to my response as if it were directed at you...thereby leading me to believe you shared those views.

Once again to you OP, protests do occur...do you have any other options?

As I stated: This is not a "Hate Thread".
I was simply, and honestly hoping for some REAL ideas from the members.
But, I do suggest, in one way or another, we, the American Citizens, pump resources, advice and political muscle back into Mexico.
Hell! We are doing it overseas! We could be doing it right here a home.
Mexico could be an awesome nation! A great place to be.
And, the US could have a strong, secure neighbor to the South, to match the one to the North.
The only reason the battle is taking place on American soil, is because there are so many political personalities and specialty groups that see the numbers of Illegal Immigrants as potential votes, or leverage.
And, the immigrants are brainwashed into thinking that this is where the battle should take place. They are not even seeing a possibility of the focus being turned around, and place on Mexico.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by links234

Hey Links, I just want to reeducate you on what the construction force is like in Arizona.

My stepfather has been in construction plumbing (one of the hardset jobs I've ever experienced) for well over 20 years. His father owned a company in Michigan, and my stepfather grew up learning the trade.

Anyway, we moved to AZ in 2003, his father passed away before we could establish the business there. My stepfather, WITH his 20+ years of experience, COULD NOT GET A JOB.

Do you want to know why? Because the illegal situation there is soooo bad that they hire on "skilled" workers without creditable references rather than pushing the extra 3$ an hour to my stepfather, who has a LOT of references from Michigan contractors.

Don't presume it's because Americans are "lazy" it's because businesses are CHEAP and the Feds don't help matters. Which is why LEGAL citizens are all for the new bill, and I would be happy to help orchestrate a march for the illegals.
Thank you so much for illustrating the true ramifications of the Illegal Mexican workforce in our country.

The more illegals here, the less US employers have to pay for labor in that low-level job market. But, sooner or later, those low-level workers do make it further up to higher level positions. They are gaining on-the-job skills through training that should be going to American citizens. Unfortunately, they also help to keep the pay rates down, and take positions that Americans would otherwise be filling, with a reasonable pay rate.

The effects DO work their way up the ladder. It is not simply a harmless action of illegal immigrants taking th jobs that Americans don't want.
it throws the whole system out of whack.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UruFist

Thank you for understanding that UruFist! I admit, I'm not great at debating, so my true points get lost in explainations some times... I'm glad this got to someone though.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by UruFist

Thank you for understanding that UruFist! I admit, I'm not great at debating, so my true points get lost in explainations some times... I'm glad this got to someone though.
Sometimes the ONLY way to really get through to people, is through sharing a personal experience.
Yup. I get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join