It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So after UK showdown number 3, who are we voting for?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Gordon brown helped wreck the whole worlds economy and there is people here wanting to vote for him, come on now.....

Are you sure you do not want mi5 putting cameras in your bathroom watching your kids if labour get there way and they will.

I think it's just the possiblility of having the chinless wonder David Cameron and Gideon (Class doesn't matter) Osborne running the country, sends shivers down my spine.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033 Gordon brown helped wreck the whole worlds economy and there is people here wanting to vote for him, come on now..... Are you sure you do not want mi5 putting cameras in your bathroom watching your kids if labour get there way and they will.
You've been asked to provide evidence for this belief once before. I'd like to repeat that request.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Its a shame that the choice of visible goverment boils down to mainstream media led presentation and interpretation. but after saying that I do make a point of watching Adam Boulton and Joey Jones on Sky News, I find Kevin Maquire gives a fair and reasonable assesment of Gordon Brown for a Labour backer although G.B has ended up a bit of albatross round the neck.
I was a contractor involved with local authority works in schools, hospitals & nursing homes during the Thatcher years so remember the penny pinching, plaster and paint peeling , building services held together with chewing gum and string. and boarded windows etc. Mark my words maintenance spendiing will be slashed incuring major inflated costs a few years down the road.
It looks like a hung parliament at the moment that will force goverment by concensus and not adversary. This has seemed work in Holland but they are different animals. A Dutch guy I once worked with was very proud that they all knew what had to be done so they just got on and did it.
I wish we had a british version of the US “ Democracy Now” news. (Sky ch 200 - 5pm weekdays)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Let's get a little direct perspective here. Cameron: let's roll up our sleeves & grip it.
Yeah, a wanker would say that, wouldn't they?
I think he only said "jobs tax" a couple of times, which just goes to show that his PR research has told him that the majority of us do actually understand the difference between policy, spin & lies, but there are some that dont, so its worth a few more repetitions.
"Get the economy moving!" - Oh yeah, the last few times I remember the Tories moving the economy by tax cuts for the rich, it moved into Black wednesday. Of course, that was just a high profile example of the disasters that hoping for rich people to pump money into a falling economy causes. Why would they? Obviously they put their money into blue chip &/or gilt investments. Its only when ordinary people have money in their pocket that there is a market into which any business can sell its product.
You could remove all taxation there is from the wealthy & even directly pay them from the govt budget also: it would never create any economic growth other than in the fantasy of esoterics of the financial markets, which, naturally, we must insure against failure without being paid to do so.
Bollocks!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
reply to post by badvok123

This is sort of a silly thread for me to post really, since I'm actually just under 3 months too young to vote. But I'm completely into it and I wish I could vote!
It's horrible seeing loads of people who don't care not using theirs when I'm like BUT I COULD HAVE THAT VOTE! I understand some of this stuff!

None of them are clear winners really, I don't like Cameron, I don't think Clegg will be very good, I'd vote for Brown, and yet, thats only really so he can get us out of the mess as he's got more experience than the rest. And I want to punch him less...

But yeah, it's all a big mess innit, really!

I wouldnt ever use my vote, the entire system stinks, and as you are too young to vote, you must be too young to realise that whoever you vote for you will still be # all over and lied to and see your country killing innocent civilians in the name of the banks and arms companies, have your money stolen from you.
Voting is rolling over and showing your belly to the elite.

I`m not intending to sound condescending to you, but take a look around mate, voting means nothing. It never has, it`s pseudo liberty.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ill vote Labour.
Ill vote for them because its MY choice.
Id rather stick with the party currently in-charge because they've got us out of the recession.
They've kept jobs.

No matter who gets to sit in Number 10, nobody will be happy.
They will eventually have to make cuts, no matter what happens.

And what will most likely happen in my oppinion is a double dip recession...
Fuelled by the Greece fiasco. Which is also sucking the life out of Spain and Portugal.
This will effect European exports, which is a big slice of our financial cake. Leading to us having a smaller slice, making us lose weight (money) and the ecconomy taking another hit.
The 40 billion given to Greece is only a life line. A limited life line, that'll go under with the rest of the ship in my oppinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was talking to Alex Salmond the other day and we were having a laugh about the English votors not having any real choice. I said he should have got the SNP to stand candidates in English constituencies cos some people would probably vote for them

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Alex Salmonds a right laugh.

Trying to get the BBC's Debate banned from being shown in Scotland because its politiclly biased. Which it is, only having the majority partys featured in the debate.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Gordon brown helped wreck the whole worlds economy and there is people here wanting to vote for him, come on now.....

Are you sure you do not want mi5 putting cameras in your bathroom watching your kids if labour get there way and they will.

Yeah but so did every single person who has a bad credit rating who applied and got loans, mortgages and couldnt control that little bit of plastic in the wallet.

Just because he's PM, it doesnt make him the only person in the UK responsible.

Children at school should have mandatory classes in finance, credit ratings, budgeting and COMMON SENSE

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Totally agree...I like Alex Salmond, he gave some better answers than any of them and he has no power in London at all really...he'd be a better PM than any of them

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

Originally posted by andy1033 Gordon brown helped wreck the whole worlds economy and there is people here wanting to vote for him, come on now..... Are you sure you do not want mi5 putting cameras in your bathroom watching your kids if labour get there way and they will.
You've been asked to provide evidence for this belief once before. I'd like to repeat that request.

I have no privacy what so ever in my life, and everyone who knows me knows this is true, do not care if you do not believe.

I found out get it, that they where using electronic mind control on kids in school in 1992. I have not had one moment of privacy since. They where absolutely desperate to make up stuff about my life and try to frame my life, scum. I am not going to come on here talking about this person will back me up on this or someone else. If you do not believe then you can press ignore. But i will always talk about what they and still do to my life.

I do not have any privacy what so ever, and that is a fact. No human rights in england. Thats the labour guarantee for all you people who do not know. Of course tories or libdem will not be any different.

But people gordon brown helped destroy the economy, and its amazing the guy even is in this race.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Well, just to be absolutely clear, are you saying that MI5 put cameras in your bathroom because of something you discovered in 1992 (during a Conservative govt) & that, if Brown becomes PM, MI5 will put them in ours too?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
All three of the main parties have sold us out, so why should I vote for any of them. They are nothing more than pimps and political prostitutes to corporations & elitist bankers. We are now being governed by Brussels, so the election is nothing more than a charade and whoever gets into power, it will just be business as usual, which basically means more of the same BS & lies, erosion of civil liberties and freedoms. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
How anyone can vote for these lying & thieving morons is beyond me.
The revolution is long overdue. In an ideal world most honorable people would point blank refuse to allow themselves to be dictated to by a bunch of self serving moronic idiots. Welcome to the mad house where the nutters have taken over the asylum

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A new voting option should be introduced in my opinion - people should be allowed to also vote against, not only "for" . One stamp on the voting form, however to be able to use your vote against a candidate if you wish

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Sorry but if you hadn't noticed we are still in a recession and I guarantee with noob Brown at the helm it can only get worse. Kept jobs you say, funny! everyone in my family as well as my friends have lost theirs. My sister has worked for the council for 15 years, my friend worked at a local factory for 12 years and I was only in work for 3 months before being laid off due to the economic recession. There are more people unemployed now than there's ever been and that's not counting the millions on useless employment training schemes. Gordon Brown and New Labour are a joke.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I'd like to join in with another poster and just ask wtf?
What's with the whole cameras in bathrooms thing going on here?

Plus, If I was born 3 months earlier, I could vote. So, in my honest opinion, 3 months is nothing. I really have as much right and understanding about politics as everyone else.

And yes, I also understand the bad side of all government. I'm not an idiot

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join