It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military develops non-toxic cleaners for terrorist attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

U.S. military develops non-toxic cleaners for terrorist attacks

content.usatoday. com

The U.S. military has developed non-toxic, ultra-strength cleaners that could be used in the aftermath of a terrorist attack.
The peroxide-based "green" decontaminants are tough enough to get rid of nerve gas, mustard gas, radioactive isotopes and anthrax, report U.S. military scientists in the American Chemistry Society's Industrial Engineering and Chemistry Research, a bimonthly journal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
"Suppose there were an anthrax attack, and suppose you had antibiotics..."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This has everything to do with the upcoming false flag attack (Los Angeles, May 17th - I'm working on an expanded thread post about this). It's going to be an anthrax attack and they are training for the clean-up phase. These cleaners are going to be used there.
In addition, going on currently, there is an EPA training exercise called Liberty RadEx.
gsn.nti.org...
"In excess of 700 staffers from local, state and federal government departments and the private sector are expected to participate in the drill in Philadelphia. The event began yesterday and is set to continue through Friday.

The drill, dubbed Liberty RadEx, seeks to simulate the conditions that would be found one month after an improvised radiological bomb was set off in the city's Independence National Park.

Unlike many other disaster simulations, the exercise focuses on radiation assessment, cleanup and community restoration rather than the immediate aftermath of an incident. "
Here's more on Liberty RadEx: www.epa.gov...

They're not going to be cleaning up a radiological mess, they are training to use the cleaners that destroy anthrax. (Same procedures, I'd assume since the cleaners say they can clean up radiation also...)

content.usatoday. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jcrash]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jcrash]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This was interesting until you threw in false flag and now it's just

Just because there is a terrorism drill doesn't mean there is going to be an attack any more than a tornado drill means there is going to be a tornado.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
THats interesting, a peroxide formula to battle radiation? Ive done lots of research on this kinda stuff..its not necessarily the alpha or beta rays from radiation..its the gamma rays! you will require, a minimum, of 5 inches thick of steel to be safe or submerged in at least 3 feet of water.
peroxide to battle harmful gamma rays???

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
This was interesting until you threw in false flag and now it's just

Just because there is a terrorism drill doesn't mean there is going to be an attack any more than a tornado drill means there is going to be a tornado.

I've got two words for you, buddy: nine-eleven.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I agree with you completely about the drills. It's the context of global events and other items that drive my assessment of there being a false flag attack, not the other way around.

@ Ziggy1706,

I had the same reaction. But, apparently, that's the story their selling.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well they are disclosing some of their techology recently. The cancer breakthrough in Scotland is incredible too.

Now they can get to work in the middle east and in our oceans cleaning up the toxins and depleted uranium as well. I've been told that they already have the technology to restore this world to pristine condition within a year.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Interesting point on the Gamma Rays.. but according to Wikipedia a dirty bomb would not be as harmful as you might think... It might be worse to smoke cigarettes or eat ice cream everyday. The question is.. is our perception of radiation worse than reality? I don't know the answer, but it would not shock me if true.. Our perceptions are often wrong.

Public perception of risks For the majority involved in an RDD incident, the radiation health risks (i.e. increased probability of developing cancer later in life due to radiation exposure) are small, comparable to the health risk from smoking five packages of cigarettes or eating ice cream on a daily basis.[14] The fear of radiation is not always logical. Although the exposure might be minimal, many people find radiation exposure especially frightening because it is something they cannot see or feel, and it therefore becomes an unknown source of danger. Dealing with public fear may prove the greatest challenge in case of an RDD event.[15] Policy, science and media may inform the public about the real danger and thus reduce the possible psychological and economic effects. Statements from the U.S. government after 9/11 may have contributed unnecessarily to the public fear of a dirty bomb. When United States Attorney General John Ashcroft on June 10, 2002, announced the arrest of José Padilla, allegedly plotting to detonate such a weapon, he said: [A] radioactive "dirty bomb" (...) spreads radioactive material that is highly toxic to humans and can cause mass death and injury.

– Attorney General John Ashcroft, [11]

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe they are hyping it to sell war on terror?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by drats]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I hope there's a civilian spin off from this. I could use it for my bathroom!

Good for the military (although too bad it's the military, but nonetheless)! They are leading the way in energy technology and application, and now this non-toxic (although after du, they should do something to make themselves look better).

top topics

join