It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do any of you fantasize about....

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
...post-apocalyptic scenarios?

My life is pretty boring, so much of the time, i totally zone out and think about post-apocalyptic scenarios and what i would do. Zombie apocalypse, natural disaster, EMP, nuclear attack apocalypse, you name it, i've thought of it. Hope this doesn't sound sadistic, but i'm kind of hoping for one. I just hope i'm not the only one...




posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nobody fantasises about that. Who in the hell wants to live a life like that? Yes, It may come true, but I for one will only address the issue should it ever come about.

Now, if you mean to say: "has anyone ever thought about it? And has anyone ever thought about what the would do?" That is a different question.

Fantasising about that is just nuts!



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am negative but i do not think about post apocalyptic stuff. I think the world will be changing sooner or later though.

I have my fantasies like all of you, but i never see the world destroying us or something, but we will change one day.

Humans i think are too devious to be that self destructive.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Fantasising about that is just nuts!


I am sure there is plenty on earth fantasising about it, just not me or you. But people wish for all sorts of things, its there life.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


I'm with ya buddy. I just want to see the world cleansed of all the greedy power mongering scum so those of us left can finally build a better more responsible and sustainable civilization as our wonderful policy makers and greedy drones won't allow us to properly do today.

An apocalypse would be a great thing. Only those of us who actually get it and are prepared for the upcoming damage these money worshipers are going to cause are the one's that will be left to clean up their mess. They're too worried about their insignificant worthless lives and can't seem to grasp just how important this planet is. We can't survive anywhere else and I gladly welcome an extinction of all greedy power hungry scumbags.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


Please tell me you've played Fallout 1 & 2? If not buy it, immediately.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


fantasize no... dreams yes

Had some very vivid Mad Max type dreams but thats more to due with to much late night bad TV



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


No, i don't like to think about it because i don't want it to happen. If we were in an apocalyptic world I would probably just kill myself. No point in thinking about it.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 



I don't fantasize about post-apocalyptic scenarios, but if I did survive the initial catastrophe/whatever, I often wondered if I would change - though there are so many variables that would affect my decision making process it would be hard to contemplate.


If I ever find myself in that situation, I hope I maintain my current moral compass, 'cause I'm sure it would go in several different directions.


But, I must admit, I still fantasize about being Master Chief.......just call me John from now on.





posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A world without neighbors and phones and television and radio and computers and cubicles or tax men knocking on my door or fees and forms just to go hunt a turkey?

Damn right I fantasize about that. Nearly perpetually. It's my lifes mission to live like that. I can get rid of the noise and the neighbors but sooner or later that tax man comes knocking with an army behind him and a gun in his hand and going into the yard to get something to eat without the proper forms and fess is like taking the King's deer and if he catches you your head will roll.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's not that i want it to happen because everything would go crazy. I just wish something big would happen to get my out of my boring as hell 9-5 life.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


The boring life you talk about is the result of subjective approach to life and its understanding. My own take on it is neutrality, which prevents any emotional attachments to the past or future possibilities. In other words, objectivity towards life is the best way for me to follow the program, until the day i break free from that program.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
It's not that i want it to happen because everything would go crazy. I just wish something big would happen to get my out of my boring as hell 9-5 life.


I wish there could be something that would force us to be survivalist, like you, I am bored with mundane life. I don't want something band to happen, I just want something big to happen, again just like you want.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There's a lot of ways to get out of your boring life that don't involve radiation burns and cannibalistic undead family members. Post-apocalyptic scenarios seem entertaining on film but so do shark attacks, WWII, and hostage situations.

You want out of your 9-5 and to experience something new, even if it just for a while? Try this: www.wwoof.org



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
reply to post by mossme89
 


The boring life you talk about is the result of subjective approach to life and its understanding. My own take on it is neutrality, which prevents any emotional attachments to the past or future possibilities. In other words, objectivity towards life is the best way for me to follow the program, until the day i break free from that program.


I see what you are saying, to not really put much thought into your life and as a result not form emotional attachments. I have been trying and getting better at this, but it is still very hard when i am forced to do something i do not agree with by a higher hierarchy person.


Originally posted by Phlynx

Originally posted by mossme89
It's not that i want it to happen because everything would go crazy. I just wish something big would happen to get my out of my boring as hell 9-5 life.


I wish there could be something that would force us to be survivalist, like you, I am bored with mundane life. I don't want something band to happen, I just want something big to happen, again just like you want.

Exactly! It's like you want something to wake people up and free yourself from society. Its hard to continue in something so meaningless. I'm close to buying a longbow. If i mention this, people look at me funny and ask why? I just say its because its fun, but there is something about the longbow that gives off a survivalist vibe i like.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I do not fantasise about a post apocalyptic world and why should I as a sane man fantasise about such a terrible thing? The air would be thick with decay, all manner of life threatening diseases would be rife and there would be safety for those I love only in numbers.

In my opinion a post apocalyptic world sounds romantic and heroic only on paper but in reality I think it would be a time of great physical and mental anguish, a million different torments all on a biblical scale. The mortality rates for the newborn and the infirm would sky rocket and out of the chaos could come a mindset of kill or be killed, eat or be eaten.

I think therefore that it would be the dawn of a new dark age never seen since the age of barbarism at the setting of the ancient Roman Empire.

What I do fantasise about however is a world where money is not the centre akin to a new religion, where wars are a thing of the past and where the global community have grown up to the point spiritually where they do not see others around them as beings to be distrusted and crushed but rather as kin all working for the same thing.

I fantasise about a world where technology has become tightly balanced with the environment and where this technology is accessible by every single person on the planet to the extent that they are able and allowed to leave this world at will to travel out into the wider cosmos. I dream about a world where food and energy and anything a person might need can be achieved without being forced to sell your soul or degrade your principles or to scrimp and scrape at the whims of others.

Of course my fantasy is a wild fantasy and fantasies should be wild and as fluffy as a cloud or it is not really a fantasy. However if I live to be a hundred, lying on my death bed there will no doubt be some war being fought across the seas and our people will no doubt be slaughtering each other in ever more creative and barbaric ways – such is the nature of us as a species at the moment.

I can dream of change and I do dream quite often that one day we as a people will no longer see war as a means to an end but rather something that should have been consigned to history hundreds of years ago.

I am hopeful but at the same time I will not hold my breath!




[edit on 29-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67
 


How about this: A world where things go south real fast. Chaos reigns, society breaks down, and what we know about our world turns out to be wrong. But after all this is over, we settle into a world with no greed, technology that we only dream about now, and mutual peace. But we have to get our inner demons out first, and that may be expressed in the outer world. This is what i really want, sooner rather than later.

Arguably, could we be headed here now?



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89
 


It sounds good sure but at our current stage of emotional and psychological development I think that once the dust settled there would be no new dawn other than the dawn a few criminal minded see that is ripe for carving out for themselves.

Before too long there would be new wars I absolutely believe this and though there might not be the same levels of technology, the Teutonic Knights left a swath of carnage throughout Lithuania for instance with bladed weapons so a new age would not require much more than a dark will to grab power and with men in numbers striving to grab power for their own ends this could be a reality come the crashing down of our society.

To settle into a new world without greed and with a respect for each other we would need to have experienced something at the time this society ended, something so profound that we would have awoken to a bigger thing, an ideal that breaks the mould.

Simply expecting a new age of peace at the setting of this so called civilisation would be a mistake I think and it could be a costly mistake.

But you said it yourself and I am in agreement, we need to defeat our demons and only then we might stand a chance of seeing private fantasy turned to reality. Sadly though even then it will be no party and at every birth there is a period of pain. I would hope to be well away from any causes of such pain but knowing my luck I would no doubt be hacking and swinging with the rest of you, attempting to carve myself a new life among the newly traumatised and desperate.

I am carrying a few injuries, including a bad lower back at the moment (overdoing it at the gym) so I do not fancy my chances as I swing my claymore at an advancing hoard of drooling muppets all clamouring to divest me of my tin of peas.

I starred your post as we seem to be are on the same page more or less but I hope for a smooth transition even though I cannot see how such a thing could be realised other than via a protracted period of murder and misery.


[edit on 29-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
reply to post by mossme89
 


It sounds good sure but at our current stage of emotional and psychological development I think that once the dust settled there would be no new dawn other than the dawn a few criminal minded see that is ripe for carving out for themselves.

Before too long there would be new wars I absolutely believe this and though there might not be the same levels of technology, the Teutonic Knights left a swath of carnage throughout Lithuania for instance with bladed weapons so a new age would not require much more than a dark will to grab power and with men in numbers striving to grab power for their own ends this could be a reality come the crashing down of our society.

To settle into a new world without greed and with a respect for each other we would need to have experienced something at the time this society ended, something so profound that we would have awoken to a bigger thing an ideal that breaks the mould. Simply expecting a new age of peace at the setting of this so called civilisation would be a mistake I think and it could be a costly mistake.

But you said it yourself and I am in agreement, we need to defeat our demons and only then we might stand a chance of seeing private fantasy turned to reality. Sadly though even then it will be no party and at every birth there is a period of pain, I would hope to be well away from any causes of such pain but knowing my luck I would no doubt be hacking and swinging with the rest of you, attempting to carve myself a new life among the newly traumatised and desperate.

I am carrying a few injuries, including a bad lower back at the moment (overdoing it at the gym) so I do not fancy my chances as I swing my claymore at an advancing hoard of drooling muppets all clamouring to divest me of my tin of peas.

I starred your post as we seem to be are on the same page more or less but I hope for a smooth transition even though I cannot see how such a thing could be realised other than via a protracted period of murder and misery.

What i am thinking is that if people are set free from society, sure the serial killers and many others would go crazy, but i believe they would get tired of that after a while. Its like when playing violent video games (ex. GTA IV) at first you are like 'sweet. i killed that guy. that was fun.', but after a while you are like 'why am i doing this sick thing?'. Maybe it will be the same type of thing.

I can see 2 scenarios for a new age:
1) We go to the brink of world annihilation but stop and realize that we have to stop with wars and pillaging the earth. Age of peace follows. But after a while, i can see some groups starting to rule by fear of getting back to this brink of annihilation, kind of like what we saw with the cold war. So this doesn't seem very likely IMO.

2) We get to the brink, but are directly stopped by ET's or some higher beings. We realize that we are just fighting our inner selves, totally pointless. Great age of peace follows

Whenever i try to think of a scenario of a shift in consciousness, i cant see it happening without nearly destryoing ourselves and people realizing 'oh crap.'



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join