It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Sees 'More Immigrants' As A Way To Reduce Deficit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Bill Clinton Sees 'More Immigrants' As A Way To Reduce Deficit

news.yahoo.com

Former President Bill Clinton enthusiastically weighed into the blistering national debate on immigration today with a resounding assertion that America needs more immigrants -- not fewer -- to ensure its long-term fiscal future.

Clinton didn't mention it, but it's not just legal immigrants who contribute to the plus side of the Treasury's balance sheet. In fact, undocumented immigrants are even more lucrative for the government, particularly Social Security. Many undocumented workers have payroll taxes automatically withheld from their wages, but because they use fake numbers, never col
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Look at the last few sentences of the article.

"In fact, undocumented immigrants are even more lucrative for the government, particularly Social Security. Many undocumented workers have payroll taxes automatically withheld from their wages, but because they use fake numbers, never collect the benefits."

That alone should show you that big goverment supports illegals. They support breaking the laws of the United States. Can this be made any clearer???

news.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No wonder the US is experiencing a flood of immigrants from the Southern Border. They are practically being asked to do so, to relieve the deficit? Why not just import the Chinese to run the US economy, seeing that they hold the most US debt?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

What suprises me most is that so many people would be suprised to learn that the federal gov.makes millions and millions of dollars thru illegal means. The Gov doesn't care that illegal aliens are stealing identity's of the american public.They use stolen social security numbers,get car loans and credit cards,and ruin someone elses credit.
The government does nothing to try to stop it. It looks to me that if someone is useing your social security number to commit a fraud across a state line would make it a federal felony case
Sneaking across the border may well be a misdemeanor.However identity theft is a felony. Aliens that commit a felony should not be allowed to become a US citizen!!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I agree with what everyone has posted so far.

The illegals are basically being invited by the few in power in the federal goverment, while at the same time, the goverment is basically saying "Come here and become a criminal, its okay with us, to hell with our own laws. Hell, why not commit some more crimes while your all here, we dont do anything to stop you, we will even support you breaking our laws!"

@daddyroo - I do belive some people have no understanding that our federeal goverment does indeed make huge amounts of money off of illegals. I agree if an illegal commits identity theft, the punishment should be extremely severe.

The federal goverment is pretty much saying - We dont care about our citizens, we want illegals to come here and save us money while we dont do squat helping the real,legal citizens. The fed is just giving us the finger while they give an open hand to criminals.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bill Clinton is full of manure. Think about this. Those same illegals send their kids to school, get treated at local hospitals, require the services of fire and police departments among other things. The majority of those services are paid for with tax dollars. Just because the majority of isn't Federal tax dollars doesn't mean that illegals are helping reduce the deficit. Clinton has his head up his fourth point of contact.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, former POTUS Bill Clinton, how's this working out for the U.S. so far?

The creator of the universe must be laughing it's butt off, watching us as we continue to elect nincompoops to governmental control positions and continue to revere the words of the retired and wealthy elite.

God=

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
DISGUSTING bill clinton shame on you/ we have a notoriously bad deficit, no thanks to our so called leaders you imbasil!! All our govenment has done is increase it! and now, once again, ilelgals get the special treatment and we the citizens get less than a middle finger at least

I work in retail management. have been in retail since i was 14. Food stores do hire illegas. AND they do use fae social security numbers. CVS oharmacy is NOTORIOUS for this. I always thought using a fake socail security number was a federal offense, isnt it? to reducce the eficit, comapnys using illegal identification numbers, should be held liable for breaking the law in the firt place, the fined millions, outside of unfair laobor environments.
How wonderful it is, too hear politicians like bill clinton see us all, not jsut as illegals or legals, as a money solution* bring the world together, globalization? here is its true meaning, sad to say. slave labor and wages.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Exactly! Clinton has completely lost the last few tidbits of meagre respect Ive had for him. I would go as far as to say anyone who supports illegals is commiting a crime against American citizens. Supporting an individual that has crossed into this country illegally and has broken a federal law, and now a state's law, should be considered a criminal to.

Responsibilities of Citizenship

A Guide to Naturalization - US Citizenship and Immigration Services
From chapter 2 -

Responsibilities
To become a U.S. citizen you must
take the Oath of Allegiance. The Oath
includes several promises you make
when you become a U.S. citizen,
including promises to:
• Give up all prior allegiance to any other
nation or sovereignty;
• Swear allegiance to the United States;
• Support and defend the Constitution
and the laws of the United States; and
• Serve the country when required.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by buni11687]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I dont necessarily have anything agaisnt illegal immigrants..muy mohter was an immgrant from Austria, she was 5 when she came here, in 1952, but..she went to ELLIS island and did it legaly.
ITS not necessarily them, outisdde of the notorious gangs they bring..its the system here. it favors and seems to honor them, and they get away with so much 'murder', aka nto paying taxes, gyping citizens out a job, and seek marriage to gain residency. We, the citizens, tax paying and overtaxed, since we were working, have bee screwed over time and time again, and are always left liable for governemnts careless spending. Hell in my city, they cant fix craters and potholes...but they have enough money to do stupid meaningles projects, like widen streets, tear down a shabby area to construct a high cost of living condomimium.
As long as the illgals are here...they should have a governemnt identy card or something so at least as long as they are here, they too can pay our absurd taxes, give em a taste of what the american dream today is really allabout, and especially when taxes go up over total conjured up bull.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Does this mean that America is going to cancel visas and open border crossings for everyone who wants to come? No passports...

Maybe they should send ships and airplanes to pick all those who want to come. Everyone is welcome as long as he/she is ... what? A non-identity person?

All this looks like some very very nightmarish distopia. Maybe they are trying to tell something to the citizens? That it is better to lose, renounce, your citizenship, dissolve the state, because a group of people there can profit from that?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The federales arent dealing with this because it helps them balance their books. It barely matters to them that the states bear the burden of providing services, for which they must fight tooth and nail for reimbursment or aid from the federals.

The government-corporates are another matter entirely. As usual, its a win-win for them... by design.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Or they could be silently telling the legal citizens that the US is about to completely dissolve and silently telling us it may be best to just pack up and run before chaos and lawlessness erupt in our streets. That is a possibility.

Im more leaning on the side that the Federal Goverment is just a bunch of greedy, incompetent bastards and have no respect for our laws and the citizens of the United States. Once a state tries to do the right thing and actually enforce the laws that are already in place at the federal level, the state gets called "racist" and all that name calling, while they only adopted a federal law to the state level and are actually going to inforce it.

Now other states are following Arizona in fast pace. Its times like this that made me proud to be living in one of those states.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What's the number of illegal immigrants using fake Social Security cards compared to the number of them that are hired under the table and don't pay in the Social Security system?

I'll bet the number that works "under the table" is ALOT hire!

And then guess who pays for their health care, their children' s schooling, and everything else they get to use thanks to our tax dollars?

Just take a guess.

[edit on 4/29/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This really doesn't surprise me to what Bill said seeing that Al Gore said that Manhatten would cease to exist in a decade or so.

It's my belief that Bill, Al, Barack, and Joe spend too much time reading DC comics and not enough time on policies.

Also, I LOVE this quote from the link:

Clinton said he supports immigration reform as proposed by President Obama or as supported by Sen. John McCain before he changed his mind.

Sounds exactly like John Kerry. Now ain't that sump'n?

[edit on 29/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I never knew exactly why, ellis isalnd closed up anwyway? it coundt handle the flow of immigrants?
perhaps another answer is too re open it or set up substations taht screen all those that apply for citizenship*

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My first thought was...Jobs, Mr. Clinton! We need jobs.

But from another source he also says

“We need to do this, but we will not succeed unless we do something to generate more jobs,” he said.

Ok. Better. But I hope he is addressing legal immigration and not illegal immigration. Legal immigration is a plus to America. As long as it does not take away a job from an American, as has happened with certain visas.

If this statement was sort of a bummer, then this one made up for it, in a way, at least seeming more frightening but true.

Clinton said that the debt issue is a “really serious” problem now that 48 percent of the federal debt is held by entities abroad.

“I think this is a national sovereignty issue and it's about control over our economic destiny,” he said.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's interesting that all the Western democracies have been encouraging the immigration of cheap labor for around 10-15 years. I wonder who is making the money out of this...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Look at the last few sentences of the article.

"In fact, undocumented immigrants are even more lucrative for the government, particularly Social Security. Many undocumented workers have payroll taxes automatically withheld from their wages, but because they use fake numbers, never collect the benefits."

That alone should show you that big goverment supports illegals. They support breaking the laws of the United States. Can this be made any clearer???

news.yahoo.com

Of course they do, but its deeper than this. Hispanics will soon be the majority so both Parties are selling us down the river for votes. With today's vote on Puerto Rico, cleverly hidden it would seem, Puerto Rico will be a State before long.

The DNC is setting up to rewrite history, so they can guarantee the Hispanic vote, like they did with the Civil Rights movement when most Democrats opposed Civil Rights. Were I Hispanic, I'd be very offended.

The Puerto Ricans won't be given a choice I assure you. They will be a State before the next Presidential Election. The fix is in.

The next thing to happen is the Republicans will come up with a way to impress the Hispanics and the game continues.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Clinton said that the debt issue is a “really serious” problem now that 48 percent of the federal debt is held by entities abroad.

“I think this is a national sovereignty issue and it's about control over our economic destiny,” he said.

Hmmm, ya suppose he is setting the groundwork for Hillary to challenge Obama on his failure to control this and his desire to destroy our system?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join