GM Food... Feeding the Hungry or Population Control?

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This story really is scary.

A study of hamsters who were fed GMO food has shown that the third generation which was fed GMO foods was infertile.

GM Food... Feeding the Hungry or Population Control?

Around 75% percent of our processed foods contain some form of genetically modified ingredients.

(SALEM, Ore.) - Today Salem-News reports that a joint experiment by Russia’s National Association for Gene Security and the Institute of Ecological and Evolutional Problems has revealed that hamsters fed genetically modified (GM) foods produce grandchildren that are unable to produce fourth generation offspring.

Scientist Alexei Surov described the experiment, in which they monitored the behavior, weight gain and birthrate of several groups of hamsters. Upon birth of the second generation they noted slower rates of growth and sexual maturity. The next generation was unable to produce[1].

Genetically modified foods will feed the hungry. I guess that’s one way of putting it.

You could also call it population control. Technically, the final result would be an end to world hunger. They didn’t lie. Who are they? Please refer to my Salem-News story “While We Were Sleeping...GM Food and the Brink of No Return”.[2]

Russian scientists are not the only ones that have warned of noted health effects caused by genetically modified foods. Let us not forget that the scientists that were fired after they discovered serious health effects in animals after feeding them GM food products.

Believing in the potential of GM foods, UC Berkeley's Ignacio Chapela and Arpad Pusztai, a plant genetic modification expert from Scotland Rowett Research Institute, were commissioned to conduct the first independent study on animals fed GM foods.

Studies showed stunted growth, impaired immune systems, bleeding stomachs, abnormal and potentially pre-cancerous cell growth in the intestines, impaired blood cell development, misshaped cell structures in the liver, pancreas and testicles, altered gene expression and cell metabolism, liver and kidney lesions, partially atrophied livers, inflamed kidneys, less developed organs, reduced digestive enzymes, higher blood sugar, inflamed lung tissue, increased death rates and higher offspring mortality as well[3].

On Tuesday, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear its first arguments regarding genetically modified alfalfa. This decision will set precedents for future laws and regulations with regard to growing all GM foodstuff..

Read more: Salem News

So that's how GMO foods are gonna end world hunger, they're gonna destroy everybody's ability to have children. No wonder the Federal Government is so against labeling foods "GMO free", they don't want to give us the tools to avoid their mass sterilization program.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
WOW!

Nobody cares that we're being chemically castrated by the GMO foods we eat.

Maybe they'll start to care when their nuts start falling off.

(OK, so I'm exaggerating there a little bit. :shk: )

[edit on 4/30/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is scary stuff that needs to be on everyone's radar. Its so far down the list of crap the elite has foisted upon us when it is one of the most important. what Congress does with this will tell more of the story.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Third Generation Infertile! S&F, that's the biggest breakthroug on GMO research I've seen yet. Huge news, and thank you for the awareness.

Now I get the picture, PTB.

I was just informed about this message (from a family friend), from a worthy man of God :

Genetically Modified Foods: Are we playing God?
By Bryan Farnum, Scientific Intuitive

Many of us are unknowingly consuming GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) foods. They can be found in many grocery stores, restaurant food, packaged foods, and in certain health food products; and much more. GMO foods are possibly the biggest health environmental risk to mankind; there is no greater risk today. Over a period of time, they may trigger an increase in organ failures, causing people to search the world for organ donations or stem cell transplants.

www.onlygodheals.com...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Scary stuff indeed!

However, ask someone in a 3rd world country what they would prefer...my bet is that they won't choose starvation.

In U.S. foods, I believe the consumer has a right to know if their food contains GM crops. Although, I suspect that most people don't care and wouldn't read the label; even if manufacturers were required to denote their usage of GM crops.

I have to wonder though, are these illnesses related to the genetic alteration itself, or is it related to the chemicals used in the pesticides? I saw a documentary about Monsanto a couple weeks ago. They were discussing "Roundup Ready" soy beans. People were getting severely ill, but it was from the application of Roundup on the crops.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Proof yet again that the governments are A) Killing us and have a depopulation agenda, or B) Are letting others kill us who have a depopulation agenda.

Only Tostitos Organic from Frito-Lay is non-GMO. According to what I've read, once codex labels are on food, there will be no mention over what is what either.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I knew I wasn't imagining this;

May take legal action against companies

Notable for companies wanting to advertise products as non-genetically modified is the fact that the FDA says it will not allow labels like "GM-free," "GMO-Free" or "biotech-free." The agency says guaranteeing a product to be free of GM material is virtually impossible. Instead the labels will have to say the food was not produced through bioengineering. The FDA said it may take legal action against companies that violate these guidelines.

Read more: Non-GMO report

They claim it's impossible to tell the difference so they won't allow the labeling.

I think we're starting to see what their REAL agenda is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I posted this article a couple of days ago.

Study linking GMO crops to infertitlity

This study was done by one team in Russia and hasn't been repeated or peer reviewed. Anyone could do this in their basement though if they wanted to try to verify it.

If humans were affected this way by GMOs the implications are very scary. Reminds of the movie "Children of Men."

It'l be interesting to see how or if the scientific community follows this one and what the response is if the study holds true.

I'll be watching for more news on this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbon
I posted this article a couple of days ago.

Study linking GMO crops to infertitlity

You gotta be freakin kidding me, I checked in ATS search before posting this and came up with nothing, as usual.

Sorry for stealing your story Gibbon. The mods won't close this thread though because yours is in "breaking news" and mine is in a topical forum.

I gave you a S&F though.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No problem man...my thread got derailed anyway by folks arguing over whether or not the phytoestrogens in Soy would make your tool shrink

I'm glad the story is getting more exposure. It should be top of mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have a very hard time believing this study is accurate. First of all, the hormonal/reproductive cycle of the hamster is much more prone to dysfunction, as it cycles at a higher rate than humans and requires constant hormone turnover. Secondly, soy and soybeans are well-known to interfere with normal testosterone secretion in males, even in humans. The study cited in the OP's article doesn't specifically say the hamsters were fed GM soybeans, but that is the most common GM plant, and many animal feeds are made with soybeans. Compound that with the fact that the "effects" of GMO that were seen in the hamsters are also common signs of hypogonadotropic syndrome (a pathological decrease in testosterone secretion). It seems to be the fault would lie more in the style of the diet and not the GMO/non-GMO status of the ingredients.

Of course, without seeing the original study, I can't say for sure. This is just the opinion my background/education leads me to based on the information given in the OP submission.

EDIT: Just re-read the article, and I somehow missed the fact that they DID feed the animals soy products. As for the comparison between the GM and non-GMO soy fed groups, I would need to see the data to see what sort of significant difference there was between the groups, as well as what sort of breeding (in-breeding versus out-breeding) they used for successive generations.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Yep...would need to see this confirmed. My wife is an RD and does research in human nutrition at OSU and she has taught me that one study does not a conclusion make. When I have some time I want to find out who these Russian scientists were and whether or not they have any other published studies to bolster their credentials.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbon
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Yep...would need to see this confirmed. My wife is an RD and does research in human nutrition at OSU and she has taught me that one study does not a conclusion make.

You have a very intelligent wife!

When I have some time I want to find out who these Russian scientists were and whether or not they have any other published studies to bolster their credentials.

I'll do the same. If I come across a more informative article (or even the original study) on any of the Russian news sites I frequent, I'll translate and post the more critical bits.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here's another article from Jeffrey Smith (the Huffinton Post article author) that begins with our hamsters and then moves on to cite other studies with links to lots of other info to sort through...including a 105 pg. paper from a study funded by the Austrian Govt. as well as work from researchers at Baylor University, Italian Researchers and more.

Genetically Modfied Soy Linked to...

They all seem to be saying the same thing

In addition, Alexey Surov of the GMO/hamster study seems to be a bit of an expert on the reproductive systems of hamsters and worth listening to. The following link is an article from his research published in a book back in 1998.

Male Haderian Gland Secretion...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Gibbon]

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is a grass roots movement to fight this and it is ongoing, and more and more people are waking up to this and doing something about it.

It's going to take time and a lot of fighting by these grass roots.

I know for one thing, I come from 2 parents with 0 health problems, and I was always a super healthy little boy. Then sometime around 8-10 all sorts of health problems started that have been life-long thus far. The 1 thing that has helped me, cutting out all meat and reading all labels making sure I avoid GMO's as much as I can.

It's going to be a war of the people versus Monsanto and other fascist GMO corps that have infiltrated the governments. I myself and fuming mad about it. My little way to help is that I will be building a green house this year and sharing videos on how to do along with some fight-GMO's messages in the videos

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Long term population control. It is a good way to do it. Everyone that initiated it will be dead so they will not be charged with a crime. Meanwhile, their kids will have been fed an antidote that was discovered at the same time and will not be effected. Make a hell of a movie.

This is real everyone....wake up.
edit on 28-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
We are not hamsters.

However, I do not like the way food is controlled by large companies. You only have to look at the problems there have been in Europe with horsemeat being sold as beef. Imposing GMO food on people is annoying but may not be a major problem. With an increasing population GM crops offer perhaps the only way of supplying affordable food for large numbers of the world population.

Apart from growing your own what can you do?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Its easy enough to feed the hungry, it takes people refusing their slave systm and ensuring that every region the citizens are the counsels and that includes the poor and homeless and infirm, everyone equal, and all have their own land and properties.

Aquaponics, with heritage seeds, on but 3 acres can produce 10 000 fish and over 1 million pounds of produce in but 1 year, enough for a village.

So......its not abundant earth that stands in the way. The earth's population shoulder to shoulder could stand in LA, they could all have small farms in canada, we could be living without a huge impact. A better way even, have lots of eco farms, generous bountiful 1/2 acre lots for everyone, for their own produce, food, play and even home businesses, and privacy, so no one can take it away not even for a criminal charge, no taxes on it, no cost to it, just community getting together like Bali did to erect people's homes with good materials, ie like an earthship home, tires, bottles, rammed earth, dirt and local things, plus renewable woods like bamboo and flax. And then huge shared lands for orchards, and playgrounds, and commercial kitchens for home businesses, woodworking shops etc.

There is nothing to stop equality. Earth is abundant. No need for this evil scarsity slave system.

AND ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR GMO, except for some things such as, growing meat without souls/brains, just muscle groups. Something they can already do, no need for HARM at all.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join