It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priests Think Abuse 'Doesn't Break Celibacy': ex-Bishop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Priest: "I did not have sex with that boy."

"It is only the non-sex sex."

"Just like fat-free yogurt. No guilt because it isn't really a bad thing.

It's good for the kids."

I am so glad religious people don't rationalize their way out of crimes & transgressions, aren't you?

That goes double for 'patriots' & rationalizing war crimes & atrocities.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here's an exerpt from a priest who investigates cases of sexual abuse for the Church regarding his impression of the mentality of the abusers;

As a volunteer prison chaplain in Alaska, I have found a corollary between those who have been incarcerated for child sexual abuse and the priests who have committed such grievous actions. They tend to be very smart and manipulative. They tend to be well liked and charming. They tend to have one aim in life — to satisfy their hunger. Most are highly narcissistic and do not see the harm that they have caused. They view the children they have abused not as people but as objects. They rarely show remorse and moreover, sometimes portray themselves as the victims. They are, in short, dangerous people and should never be trusted again. Most will recommit their crimes if given a chance.

Read more: Catholic Anchor

It makes sense that these freaks would use every excuse they could imagine to excuse their deviant behavior.

<< 1   >>

join