It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson AZ cop sues against immigration bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A Tucson police officer has filed a federal lawsuit challenging Arizona's new immigration law, claiming the legislation violates numerous constitutional rights and could hinder police investigations in Hispanic-prevalent areas.

Arizona Daily Star

Alabama Chimes in as well:

"This is Alabama; we speak English"

[edit on 29-4-2010 by djmolecular]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hooray for the Governor candidate, and that Illegal Sympathizer, I mean Law Enforcer needs to hand in his badge. I would think 70% of the AZ populace who support this bill will also support his termination.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I totally agree, enough is enough. There is an article on yahoo that question how "Mexico" treats its immigrants.

Also They have asked not to ban "Arizona" tea cause its made in New York.

They want to ban Arizona.... so much for Nafta.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here is what i think of all this... We Americans come from another country in search of freedom. We rape the women and kill the men who previously inhabited the country. Why should it be okay for Americans to kick others off its land when in reality it stole the land from someone else? Survival of the fittest right?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Here is what i think of all this... We Americans come from another country in search of freedom. We rape the women and kill the men who previously inhabited the country. Why should it be okay for Americans to kick others off its land when in reality it stole the land from someone else? Survival of the fittest right?

We Americans were waged in a war to establish the republic it is now. In every war you have bad apples who do despicable things but not everyone stooped to that level. Their were American soldiers who helped the Natives fight other unruly Natives who were known to rape and kill children, yes there were Natives who raped and killed children.

In wars fought, land is gained and land is lost. The past situation has no precedence now, as you are a citizen of the republic that fought in those wars. Hence you are part of the reason those wars were fought. Live by the laws of today or get the hell out of our country.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid

People had a sad view of your so call "inhabitants" back in the day. Also there was not instant communications "back then" to tell of travesties against naitives.

Whats your idea then??? Dress them all up as catholics and force them to speak english like we did back in the day after all the fighting ended.

opps... mexican immigrants are mostly already Catholic... and well English is our National language.
If i decided to live in another country I would atleast learn the language and not pretend i didnt know how like they do.
No habla english??

[edit on 29-4-2010 by djmolecular]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Hooray for the Governor candidate, and that Illegal Sympathizer, I mean Law Enforcer needs to hand in his badge. I would think 70% of the AZ populace who support this bill will also support his termination.

That percentage is going to plummet when tens of thousands lose their jobs and AZ goes bankrupt. The boycotts are already working. Massive hotel cancellations are occuring. "Hoteliers across Arizona have begun to report a wave of canceled reservations'"http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/TG7D8F7V8AMFGOR9L. Even the miserable Arizona Diamondbacks are being boycotted with attendence down 17% compared to last year.www.azcentral.com...
Legal visitors from Mexico are directly responsicle for 41,000 jobs in AZ with aincome of $837.24 million and $3.61 billion in sales. www.azot.gov...
In addition to this PO's suit, others have already been filed by a group of Christian clergymen, and the mayor of Phoenix. Expect more by the ACLU and US DOJ. Let's bankrupt these racist pigs! Stay off of Tempe based US Airways and send it back into bankruptcy. Send a message of thanks to Aeromexico Airline for leaving the newly finished and unpaid for International Concourse at Tucson Intnl and cancelling its flights to AZ. Boycott U-Haul and Coldstone Creamery and write to the sponsors of any televised games involving the Diamondbacks or Phoenix Suns. My company is boycotting Best Western Motels. Arizona racism already cost it the superbowl in 1993. Research the effects of Prop 187 in California. Make it hurt.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Such pity, you are in support of boycotts that would cause American Citizens to undergo further hardships than the one they are already facing with these ILLEGALS.

You are part of the the problem, not the solution. Get with the program or get out of our country.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Such pity, you are in support of boycotts that would cause American Citizens to undergo further hardships than the one they are already facing with these ILLEGALS.

You are part of the the problem, not the solution. Get with the program or get out of our country.

Perhaps it is the hardships that will cause these citizens to vote out the pols who unthinkingly take these racist actions. This is a war and the family that owns the Diamndbacks is one of the largest supporters of the AZ Republican white supremecist Party. I want them to hurt. And what is the "program" exactly. Is it the one where Hispanics can be rounded up, thrown in jail with no probable cause and then sold into neo-slavery by corrupt sheriffs with work release programs at companies owned by campaign contributors. Look it up. If a prisoner goes into work furlough in Arizona, his paycheck goes directly to the person at the agency supervising the program. Like Green Cottenham, who under a similar program was sold to US Steel as a coal miner for $12 per month.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Perhaps it is the hardships that will cause these citizens to vote out the pols who unthinkingly take these racist actions. This is a war and the family that owns the Diamndbacks is one of the largest supporters of the AZ Republican white supremecist Party. I want them to hurt. And what is the "program" exactly. Is it the one where Hispanics can be rounded up, thrown in jail with no probable cause and then sold into neo-slavery by corrupt sheriffs with work release programs at companies owned by campaign contributors. Look it up. If a prisoner goes into work furlough in Arizona, his paycheck goes directly to the person at the agency supervising the program. Like Green Cottenham, who under a similar program was sold to US Steel as a coal miner for $12 per month.

Get with the program, means follow our countries laws. Obviously English isn't your primary language as your comprehension is on the lower end. Illegals are criminals who crossed in this country ILLEGALLY, they need to be sent back. Come here the LEGAL way like many of the others that do.

Again you are more of a racist than you make the people who oppose the laws to be, in every sense you throw Hispanics as the only ILLEGALS. I want all of the ILLEGALS no what matter what ethnicity to vacate the premises immediately.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Funny that people(should I say) like you put "illegal" in front of everything but you don't see how you yourself easily blur the line. From illegals to illegal-sympathizers uh? And then what? The issue is more complexe than that. That's why some are concerned that it's more than just illegals who are going to be affected. Maybe it's not the law the problem but the secret intent behind it and how is it going to be abused by simple-minded xenophobes.

And remember that in the law of the jungle, there can always be a new predator.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

Funny that people(should I say) like you put "illegal" in front of everything but you don't see how you yourself easily blur the line. From illegals to illegal-sympathizers uh? And then what? The issue is more complexe than that. That's why some are concerns that it's more than just illegals who are going to be affected. Maybe it's not the law the problem but the secret intent behind it and how is it going to be abused by simple-minded xenophobes.

Concerned for what? If you are concerned you are going to be affected by the already existing laws then my friend you are the problem or don't want to help to solve the problem.

I am a Legal citizen, if they need to ask me for my ID when I am pulled over for breaking the LAW, as that is only time an Law Enforcement can justly ask for your documents, so be it. I would help in any way that I can in this process and a majority of LEGALS agree with me.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Didn't you yourself just bash a ligal cop just cause you think he is an illegal-sympathizer? If that cop was from some other country, I wonder how soon the line will be blur between illegal immigrant to just immigrant. What will people with mentalities like yours say when a ligal immigrant commit a crime in this racial tention atmosphere?

It's safe to wonder if there isn't a way for this law to terminate legal citizenship. I know , I know I think too far.

However I don't think the solution would be to boycot the law. Let it be and let's see what it is really about.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Funny that people(should I say) like you put "illegal" in front of everything but you don't see how you yourself easily blur the line. From illegals to illegal-sympathizers uh? And then what? The issue is more complexe than that. That's why some are concerns that it's more than just illegals who are going to be affected. Maybe it's not the law the problem but the secret intent behind it and how is it going to be abused by simple-minded xenophobes.

You said it much better than I could. perhaps he should remember that the prionace glauca is often taken down by a lowly tapeworm Pelichnibothrium speciosum .
The Diamondback boycott is already working, according to Chicago papers writing about the Dback-Cubs game. And 5 other conventions have been cancelled in addition to the 11,000 member AIL convention scheduled for this fall in Scottsdale.
There are about 850,000 undocumented aliens in AZ according to figures I read today. At an average cost of incarceration of $62.00 per day, that is about 19 billion dollars a year to be paid by 6.5 million arizonans, or 3,000 for every man woman and child in a state where average income is $27,000 per person. They will be taxed into bankruptcy. Law of unintended consequences, I guess.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Didn't you yourself just bash a ligal cop just cause you think he is an illegal-sympathizer? If that cop was from some other country, I wonder how soon the line will be blur between illegal immigrant to just immigrant. What will people with mentalities like yours say when a ligal immigrant commit a crime in this racial tention atmosphere?

It's safe to wonder if there isn't a way for this law to terminate legal citizenship. I know , I know I think too far.

Again I think your comprehension of the English language "is not" as you might perceive it to be.

What legal cop are you talking about? Go re read my post to better understand it. Now get back to me after you have read that.

"It's safe to wonder if there isn't a way for this law to terminate legal citizenship. I know , I know I think too far."

And what are you talking about, You have me lost again. Maybe if you can type it in your natural language and I can use Google translator to understand what you are saying.

Edited to Add: "is not", such lovely spelling/grammar police here.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I will not be apoligetic. If you are here in this country illegally then leave or be thrown out!

You are taking jobs that are scarce and Americans have a right to those jobs.

NO. Not a privledge to work but a right.. Just so the bleeding hearts hear me correctly I hope they follow the illegals and do some bleeding on the otherside of the border ..most likely caused by the cartels.

We do not want or need the mexicans crossing our borders illegally for any reason. PERIOD

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I think you can see down further I can write "legal". What now? You're gonna tell me that : This is ATS, we speak English?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
I will not be apoligetic. If you are here in this country illegally then leave or be thrown out!

You are taking jobs that are scarce and Americans have a right to those jobs.

NO. Not a privledge to work but a right.. Just so the bleeding hearts hear me correctly I hope they follow the illegals and do some bleeding on the otherside of the border ..most likely caused by the cartels.

We do not want or need the mexicans crossing our borders illegally for any reason. PERIOD

Its not just Mexicans, its all of the Illegals.

Line 2

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

See, you already have to "correct" one of yours.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I think you can see down further I can write "legal". What now? You're gonna tell me that : This is ATS, we speak English?

Nice try there, hey its okay if you can't spell..I sure can't either. But to the heart of the matter, show me where I called out a "Legal" cop as you put it. And again, If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem...comprende`.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join