It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Snowstorm blows into Calgary area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Quote from source:
Calgary is forecast to get a blast of 20 centimetres of snow by Thursday evening, one week after basking under sunny 20 C skies. Rain was already turning to wet snow Wednesday in some parts of Calgary, which is under a winter storm warning from Environment Canada.

The agency warned of "dangerous winter weather conditions" for Calgary and surrounding areas, including Airdrie, Sundre, Okotoks, Olds and Strathmore. More than a dozen flights have been cancelled at the Calgary International Airport.

The RCMP said Highway 533, west of Nanton from Highway 2 to 22, is not recommended for travel because of heavy snow and poor road conditions. An intense weather system is also bringing winds gusting up to 70 km/h.

Many people are taking the third major snowstorm in the Calgary area this month in stride.

This is some crazy stuff. I live in Calgary and believe me it's damn cold here. It's snowing like mad and the wind is about 70kph.

At least there is no work for me today, because I do not even want to leave my house.

At least I get to spend some time with my family.

C'mon people feel bad for me, I might as well be in the arctic!!!

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm also from Calgary.

It was 20C just a few days ago. Then one yesterday morning it starts raining, and by evening it was just the worst sort of sleet. And the sidewalks were covered in slush. It went all night and all morning, now it's 11:08 AM and it's finally starting to slow down.

And I'd reseeded my grass., and they were just starting to sprout, too. Sigh.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Ahh, your from Calgary you should know to do no yard-work until may long. Tsk on you for being a early starter.

Yesterday I was in Okotoks and could barely cross lanes it was so slushy. When I drove back to Calgary though seemed decent in here. I work outside though and was dripping with water so I quit working.

I live in the south end and the wind is still rocking my house, sounds brutal still down here.

Pred...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So what... it's not even may long yet? I mean if you don't like crazy weather you should move to a less fluctuating weather system. You can get 6inches of hail in August around here. I was more concerned about the kill frost in early October before the leaves changed.

I know hail and snow are different just backing up a point.
www.publicsafety.gc.ca...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by MinorityReporter]

new topics

top topics

join