It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma House Passes Bill BANNING Militias and Gang Recruiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Oklahoma House Passes Bill BANNING Militias and Gang Recruiting

Oklahoma House Passes Bill BANNING Militias & Gang Recruiting

"In Oklahoma, we have seen the damage done by militia fanatics,” said [Representative Mike] Shelton (D-OK), referring to the truck bombing 15 years ago of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. "The Ku Klux Klan has a long history of violence and domestic terrorism,” he said. "Involvement in those types of organizations should be treated no differently than participation in an urban gang.”

SB 2018 passed 98-1. It now goes to the Senate.

Shelton’s amendment was filed about a week after news reports indicated some in Oklahoma tea party groups supported a volunteer militia to help defend the state’s sovereignty against federal government infringement. Several tea party leaders later said they had been talking about reinstituting a state guard, which would help with emergencies and would be under the direction of the governor and Legislature.

Read more: newsok.com...

Only problem is, the KKK didn't bomb the Federal building in OKC, and there's no evidence that any specific militia group did, either. Last I heard, only 2 individuals were prosecuted for the OKC Bombing, and one of them was executed by the State.

Militias composed of armed CITIZENS are essential to maintaining a free state — says so in the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution; and, NO, that doesn't mean a "state guard" under the direction of the governor or state legislature.

Never forget, the primary purpose of a militia is to give the CITIZENS an armed response against their Government. Too bad if you don't believe that, but that was the intent of the Second Amendment — to place the ultimate power in the hands of the PEOPLE, not the government.

That's why a "state guard" is not a viable (nor constitutional) alternative to a citizens' militia. In the event of a people's revolution against the central government, a "state guard" will OBEY THE GOVERNMENT rather than defend the citizens.

The militia must necessarily be under the control of the citizens, and must be prepared to do battle with the government, if it comes to that.

Which is why the Oklahoma House bill (SB 2018) is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and MUST NOT pass the OK Senate.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
if this passes
u can bet they're gonna
fight it

Its unconstitutional

but so is everything else
our gov is doing

[edit on 29-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

As an Oklahoman, this really pissed me off! I am so sick of the government stepping on our Constitutional rights at every turn! UGH! Their ignorance knows no limits anymore. And they don't even care about the UNconstitutional junk they're passing.

Rep. Mike Reynolds, R-Oklahoma City, asked Shelton if he characterized the Black Panthers as an unauthorized militia.

"Are they going around terrorizing communities, doing drive-by shootings, using ammonium nitrate to blow up buildings?” Shelton asked. "When they start doing that, they would be considered (that).”

Our politicians are ignorant. I have nothing further to say.

Except... why can't all politicians be more like Ron Paul?!?!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Rep. Mike Reynolds, R-Oklahoma City, asked Shelton if he characterized the Black Panthers as an unauthorized militia.

"Are they going around terrorizing communities, doing drive-by shootings, using ammonium nitrate to blow up buildings?” Shelton asked. "When they start doing that, they would be considered (that).”

That pretty much says it all. Where was Oklahoma State Representative Mike Shelton during the 2008 Presidential Election, during which armed Black Panthers were captured on video as they stood vigil outside polling stations, intimidating voters both white and black?

Authorities detained the Panthers and found them armed with blunt force weapons — pipes and homemade blackjacks.

Where was Oklahoma State Representative Mike Shelton when those same Black Panthers were given a free pass by the Barack Obama Justice Department, which dismissed all charges against the Panthers, even though they attempted to influence the outcome of a presidential election through violent or intimidating means?

Isn't that a Federal offense?

Has Oklahoma State Representative Mike Shelton had his Democrat head buried in his Democrat ass for the last two years?

Apparently.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think this is going to heat things up in OK for sure. To lump the constitutionally authorized and protected militias with prison gangs of criminals is just so absurd it is down right mind bending. While doing research on this earlier I was pulling up the congressional district map for Rep Sheldon and it came up just fine.

Later when I tried to get to the OK State house page the entire site is now down. They are likely being bombarded in a nation wide search for information on just what this legislation says and who the author was and where he is from.

www.okhouse.gov...

This guy likely did not write this amendment to the crime bill to which it was attached. He more likely was handed it to use as a flag to run up the flag pole to see who salutes. This is a cointelpro op IMHO.

Sure got my attention. Maybe that was the true purpose. It will not survive a constitutional test and likely will not make it to the senate version of the bill. It will force state Senator Randy Brodgon to side with the militias and attempt to marginalize him in his run for Governor of the State of Oklahoma

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
ime to start an UNINTENDED CONSQUENCES list. If we have a million people visiting here, lots could contribute to the list. UNINTENDED CONSQUENCES IS A BOOK BY JOHN ROSS- Talks about people killing any government official-or politition that moved or moveing against gun laws. Seems we coud git a big list right off the bat.
Here in wisconsin they are moving to ban gun sales except through licenced dealers, so i could add two polititions to the list right off the bat.
So come on somebody lets start Now on a NEW CATIGORY and call it unintended consquences --

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

While I enjoyed Ross's book as much as the next militant libertarian you really might want to consider installing Firefox browser which has a spell check built in. Hurts the eyes to read through that much misspelled English language.

new topics

top topics

join