It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Squad Descends on Illinois Tea Party Rally (video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't particularly care what their message might have been.
I don't care which side they blame.
A small excercise in free speech was met with a para-military team in full riot gear.
The blatant show of force directed at a seemingly peaceful protest is the concern here.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm still waiting to hear how Obama or "the dems" are responsible for a local police department wanting to play dress up for the day????

Care to show me some proof that Obama ordered these officers to do this???

On source is indicating that Obama's Secret Service made the call to deploy the riot squad. Obama would never make the call himself. Most of these cops were deployed from St. Louis in advance. They were hitting the streets no matter what.

UPDATE: From our sources– A call came from inside the convention center to the Quincy police. The Secret Service unleashed the riot police on the tea party patriots.

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this was a presidential visit...
coming through an area of "protesters"...

i don't get what the big deal is...

if that was bush, everyone would have been contained by the "riot patrol" and arrested...

i saw no containments, no arrest, no beatings, I don't get what the big deal is...

This has happened for decades...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I can show you proof where Obama denied ever speaking to Blagjoevich but a certain subpoena tells a different tale

And you can just dodge the question I asked.

Let's stay on topic here...not just continue to spout of your right wing propaganda talking points.

Just so you are not confused...the topic is about the riot police in Quincy Illinois. Some have seemed to accuse Obama at being at fault...I'm asking for proof for that...or even a shred of logic that would point to Obama being responsible.

Is that clear enough for you...can you follow that?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I was being sarcastic as I was searching for the information to your question, but the answer has been posted above.

Now quit trolling,

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

A call came from inside the convention center to the Quincy police.

From who exactly??? Hmmm...doesn't say does it. So the article adds in it's own opinion that the "THE SECRET SERVICE" unleashed the riot police.

But you fail to mention this from that same article

Quincy Deputy Police Chief Ron Dreyer called for members of the Mobile Field Force to walk up the street.

Let me repeat who called for the riot police....QUINCY DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF RON DREYER.

But go ahead...continue to spread your lies and propaganda.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

The answer was not posted above...you guys will beleive ANYTHING as long as it is negative towards Obama...that is why there are so many chain emails about Obama...you guys eat it up and believe anything.

Now quit trolling

Translation: Stop making us look stupid and let us spread lies about Obama. Don't ask us for facts or sources...we would rather just fear monger and spread propaganda.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No the previous assessment stands...the answer is provided but you still chose to look around it. Do you think the POTUS will directly call 911 or have one of his henchmen do it for him? I think it was Teleprompter number 3 that called in the riot police.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jibeho

A call came from inside the convention center to the Quincy police.

From who exactly??? Hmmm...doesn't say does it. So the article adds in it's own opinion that the "THE SECRET SERVICE" unleashed the riot police.

But you fail to mention this from that same article

Quincy Deputy Police Chief Ron Dreyer called for members of the Mobile Field Force to walk up the street.

Let me repeat who called for the riot police....QUINCY DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF RON DREYER.

But go ahead...continue to spread your lies and propaganda.

If you read the whole article I provided you would find that the eye witness accounts contradict what was was reported in the local newspaper.

Yes, there was a call to walk up the street. The riot police were already there and they were instructed to move to a new location. Riot police from St. Louis. Why deploy the riot squad when the average uniformed officer or reserve officer would have sufficed. I've seen cops face tougher situations directing traffic at rush hour. My town uses reserve officers on a regular basis for public events such as this.

The only thing missing here was that cool new sound cannon that was deployed against the dumpster burners in Pittsburgh.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Actually, no source I ever provide is good enough for the left handed Obama batters.

Hell with it...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

If you read the whole article I provided you would find that the eye witness accounts contradict what was was reported in the local newspaper.

Yes, there was a call to walk up the street. The riot police were already there and they were instructed to move to a new location. Riot police from St. Louis. Why deploy the riot squad when the average uniformed officer or reserve officer would have sufficed. I've seen cops face tougher situations directing traffic at rush hour. My town uses reserve officers on a regular basis for public events such as this.

So are you saying that the protestors know for a fact that the Quincy deputy didn't call for the riot police???

No...I think you misunderstood the article...what they said was misrepresented was their BEHAVIOR...not the FACT that the deputy made the call to move in the riot police.

You have nothing...nothing at all that ties Obama or anyone in his administration to personally telling these riot police to march down the street to ovserve the protestors.

On the other hand...we have a source saying it was the Quincy deputy that ordered it...but you still deny it.

I find it hilarious that you can't admit it...Obama had nothing to do with it...I bet he didn't even know these people were there.

But no...you want to paint this ridiculous picture that Obama was personally threatened by these old ladies.

You live in a fantasy world...and I feel really sad for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The full video's on Youtube, I figured posting a 15min+ video of a guy not being allowed to join a public convention is kinda boring

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Newsflash: Protest and dissent (for the most part -- things that may actually make a difference) was criminalized back in the '90s. Then Bush was installed in office and took all of our rights away. The only reason I'm able to post this is because the various levels of government haven't bothered to ban everything they don't consider as actually being "rights" (everything).

I've seen too many "freeper" posts on Fascist Republic and elsewhere (except for liberal or heavily moderated forums such as Above Top Secret) where reich-winger teabagging types are all foaming at the mouth for civil and constitutional rights violations against those who protest against blatantly unconstitutional stuff like 1) undeclared wars having nothing to do with the national interest, 2) sovereignty-robbing treaties, legislative-executive agreements, and executive agreements, 3) personhood for state-chartered bureaucracies (beyond what is needed for practical reasons such as payment of taxes and litigation), 4-n) etc.

As far as I'm concerned, they can get a taste of their own god-damn medicine. It is past time for some payback/schadenfreude.

From what I've seen in the video -- it was mostly the protesters doing the "intimidating" (bring-it-on jeers) -- stuff that anti-war and anti-global protesters paid Hell for when they engaged (and often even when they didn't engage) in such activities.

Infamous ‘Miami Model’ of Protest Clampdown, Coming to a Town Near You
by Christopher Getzan June 8, 2004
newstandardnews.net...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sometimes I think politics in the US moved from discussing facts, and finding solutions to "who can scream the loudest" contests and pure opinion based discussion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I just have to laugh. I have personally faced more than that and that were a lot angrier, not to mention more able to do some damage. And I was in my pants, shirt, hat, shoes and my regular duty gear & no radio!

To see this and the way it was done goes against typical police practices and policies.

I think it was, yet another, attempt to make the TPM look violent etc. They PTB-Failed. Again, they look worse than the "threat" they were dealing with.

The Higher Ups in Law Enforcement really need to chill a little. There is more to fear from the New Black Panter party, Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, etc etc. St. Louis would have been better off saying No Thanks, we'll keep our guys here.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All these people in the video talk about the time where America was free and times where they could do what they wanted as free individuals. But in non of these videos i see the entire crowd going ape #. In fact, they are told to move, and they do, like sheeps and robots. There was no need for a riot squad to be present, why? Because these people are a bunch of pussy's that are scared of getting hurt for what they truly believe as constitutional. Now recently I've been taking a look at America: The Story Of Us. The violence we displayed in history, or in that show, is the same exact violence we should be displaying now... now when it really matters, now before things get worse. If not violence, then we need to be doing a better job at building our children's political mindset a bit further, because no one seems to want to agree on the ONE thing that will, in the long term, rejoice this great country of ours with its voice of power and REASON.

As i said in a previous post, i do not condone violence, especially if its a fake instigation formed by our own government, however... with the way things are going, i think its time for us the people, to start instigating and questioning, what THEIR plans for our promised freedoms are. Now some of you might be wondering... well if what you say, seems to be the only LOGICAL choice, then why have we not acted upon the opportunity. The answer to that is, there is no space in a single WEEK to even think about starting a revolution against those in control, and i am not simply listing our own governments, as the pure source of evil, but those responsible for lobbying our beliefs into shape. In the future I do have faith that mankind will revolt against the forces of evil we see hiding in plane sight. When this day will come, it beats me, but i can only imagine that THEN and ONLY THEN, will we truly come face to face with the monster, generations in the making.

This is an example of people REALLY giving a # about our freedom as individuals...
www.youtube.com...

^---- that is only the beginning. You see how the police are trying to get rid of the one source of the problem? Come on people, help and defend each other for one cause. Prison, Jail, its all there if you left one another fall. WORK together as peaceful as you can, but if push comes to shove be ready to stand your ground and protect one another. Protect one another against your very own brothers and sisters (cops and military), eventually, they will get the message and figure out the only reason they are protecting their politicians are because of Money. Money is the abundance of confusion here on Earth. It is the manifestation of an unconscious willful slavery system created to direct people into one another with violence and misunderstanding. No one knows what they are fighting for, they are just doing their job so they can obtain the promised awards and happiness through the MURDER of another individual here on Earth. Understand, there are forces beyond your wildest imagination preparing us for a period of unfortunate events. Hopefully, we can avoid physical conflict with one another, but we cannot let events similar to the holocaust take place again, we cannot wait till we are enclosed, to start defending EACH OTHER against forces beyond what ONE individual can take on alone. They are already stripping us of our rights to bare arms in public, and our homes are being invaded through weak suspicions and false evidence. Success comes in the form of regulating another persons rights, or ideas. We need to exit our cubes, we need to exit our homes, we need to gather, and we need to talk about the problems NOW, so solutions can be made before the brink of doom.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by drkid]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

So from your mere gullible observations, you would call Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi *ussies also?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by drkid

So from your mere gullible observations, you would call Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi *ussies also?

They were political figures, understand how WAR works. You have ONE brain controlling actions which are being carried out by others who share the common goal and belief. I am not calling The King a pussy, although, i strongly believe blacks should have acted sooner. They took their time and were pushed around by the white man. Same thing with the majority of the Jews. I understand some fought, but some isn't enough now is it? The point i am trying to make is that we like waiting, and we loved to get pushed around before we act.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Good for the Quincy, PD. More D's need to come out in force like that to intimidate and quell any possible disturbance.

The Secret Service will call ahead to the local pd to secure the route the motorcade is scheduled to take. The Secret Service does not second guess anyone or itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
OMGOMGOMGOMG, 10 special riot control cops overseeing a crowd during a PRESIDENTIAL visit. Run for you lives, protect the constitution with your blood, fight for your freedom and liberties, the end is close!!

It's true though, they looked really scary. Bush never had security like that, which is of course why those people didn't bother protesting then...oh...wait!!

That woman in the clip was close to tears because of 10 riot control cops...and that after 8 years of Bush where entire blocks used to get locked down, and she probably happily drove around with her Bush & Cheney bumper sticker. What a bunch of hypocrites!

On one hand I agree with you. Bush was certainly NO DIFFERENT.

But on the other, that's no excuse to belittle the intention here. You can't claim that your Holy Obama is any better.

Believe me, I was fooled into trusting him too. And now look, where's the Hope and Change he promised? More of EXACTLY THE SAME.

I agree, Bush was an asshat, but Obama is not proving to be any different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join