It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Squad Descends on Illinois Tea Party Rally (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Truth is stranger than fiction. The riot squad was indeed deployed to calm an angry crowd gathered for Obama's visit in Quincy Illinois. The riot squad prepares for the worst and they certainly had their hands full here. Protect your children from what you are about to see and here.

Welcome to Obama's America...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I literally got a shiver down my spine looking at that mob.

Freakin' terrorists.. every one of em'. I'd sure hate to be that cameraman...you know, in case it got ugly.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think someone could make a lot of money with a company that sells "protester gear". Riot suits, helmets, nightsticks, gasmasks, etc. just like the police wear, but with a stars and stripes theme.

I think riot police would think twice about how they conduct themselves when the are confronted by protesters with comparable equipment and superior numbers.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
These people are so dangerous that the riot squad had to leave!
Oh lord, oh lord, please stop the Tea Parties!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OMG. you got to be kidding me!!!!! We have to get this idiot out of office.

When the cops turned to leave, they should have started busting on that little one on the end. He must have been there to handle the kids that were apparently going to get out of hand.

I sure hope the people of the community take the police and politicians to task.

I swear the more I see cops doing this type of bullying, makes me want to retire faster. It wasn't like this when I started and as far as I'm concerned, it is time to go. I would rather be on the singing side of these events. Guess I am getting old.

Thank you for posting this. This is one for RUSH, Hannity and/or ORielly needs to see and put on their programs. We are going to have to shame them into stop being Adam Henry's (A.H's).

This thread and video will now start being sent to everyone I know as they won't see this on the TV. Good job.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/672b87b95101.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/29/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OMGOMGOMGOMG, 10 special riot control cops overseeing a crowd during a PRESIDENTIAL visit. Run for you lives, protect the constitution with your blood, fight for your freedom and liberties, the end is close!!

It's true though, they looked really scary. Bush never had security like that, which is of course why those people didn't bother protesting then...oh...wait!!

That woman in the clip was close to tears because of 10 riot control cops...and that after 8 years of Bush where entire blocks used to get locked down, and she probably happily drove around with her Bush & Cheney bumper sticker. What a bunch of hypocrites!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

That woman in the clip was close to tears because of 10 riot control cops...and that after 8 years of Bush where entire blocks used to get locked down, and she probably happily drove around with her Bush & Cheney bumper sticker. What a bunch of hypocrites!

What?

How do you know all of this information about this woman?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was struck by the irony of the sheep having paid for all the tools used by the shepherds. It would have been even more ironic had the shepherds brought their dogs along.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I bet the riot police were gutted no one kicked off. All dressed up and no one too beat up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Welcome to Obama's America

OMG. you got to be kidding me!!!!! We have to get this idiot out of office.

Can either of you explain to me how this is Obama's doing???

Quincy is a small town...their police get excited when they get to dress up in riot gear. This has nothing to do with "Obama's America"...it has to do with small town local cops getting to play soldier for a day.

Give it a break people...you look silly trying to pin everything on Obama.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I said "probably". It's just that the TP movement is relatively new, and I'm wondering where those people were when Bush trampled on our rights and freedom before unzipping his pants and pissing on the leftovers.

I tell you where they were: Cheering on Bush or dead inside Democrats who spent 8 years laying on their backs too scared to stand up against the Republicans. The Democrats SUCKED at creating a strong resistance. The Republicans however are pretty good at it by stirring up people's emotions and making them scared of Sharia, Islam, police, the boogieman, etc. Facts aren't important to people who apparently don't care about them. If they better respond to emotions and fear, then the Republican's (and TP) strategy is awesome to capture those sheep.

Also, using a youtube video showing 10 cops dressed in riot gear isn't really proof of Obama trying to turn the US into a police state, lol. All those "grasping at straws" threads to make Obama look bad are dumb. Don't like one of his policies? Cool, let's discuss it.

But can we stop making stupid threads that don't prove anything. We don't even know who the cops belonged to, they might be the city police that are trying to show off. And even if they were part of Obama's security detail, he's the president, I think security measures are only prudent. I mean, there's crazy people flying planes in government buildings...I'd want properly equipped cops too. Bush did so too

This thread is a bit like the "Obama introducing Sharia law, makes UN ratify Islam as the only religion" thread. No real facts, pure speculation and fear mongering.

I am NOT saying I agree with everything Obama does (cause I'm not)...but either way, discussing meaningful facts and policies would be more productive than posting fact-less fear mongering threads.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This image dredges up memories of Tienanmen Square. Go get em Granny.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b67c534017d.jpg[/atsimg]

UPDATE: From our sources– A call came from inside the convention center to the Quincy police. The Secret Service unleashed the riot police on the tea party patriots.

More shocking pictures.
gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
WOW, did you see those 2 old people sitting in lawn chairs, I bet they are haters, not like the scene down in Phoenix, where that was suppose to be peaceful. I bet that those evil tea party people left the place a mess, wait a minute, looked pretty clean to me, and looks like all they did was chant USA. Oh I know God Bless America is one racist song and the President is terrified of people who are actually there to support the country.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I saw one of the Riot officers come towards the crowd at one point in another video, he was laughing pretty hard.

Ah the silly dems, calling the riot police for granny and her bingo gang. This show of force would be better served at keeping those illegals and their sympathizers in line down south.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I guess by their "source" they mean that granny on the pic

Gotta love how this opinionated page describes the situation, and how it's totally blown out of proportion.

"OMG, they sent the SWAT team after us!"

In reality, it was less than 10 officers of a close-by police station who did nothing but keep an eye on the protesters. And they weren't even SWAT, lol. They didn't assault them, they didn't tell 'em to shut up, and they weren't sent half way around the world to be out of the way.

The tea party guys aren't as nice when it comes to free speech
According to the organizers of the TP you can't voice an opinion that goes against theirs...well, you can, but only if you're half a mile away from them out of sight behind parked cars.

Proof:

[edit on 29-4-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And that person who made that video with his hemale partner were provocateurs. They were looking to get a rise out of that gentleman and he didn't fall for their trap. Those Race-Baiters got what they deserved.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

There were definitely more than 10 officers in riot gear. Just check some of the links and count the cops standing in formation. Not to mention the snipers on the roof tops. Granted snipers are pretty typical with a President visit anyway.

I really think that standard uniform officers should have been deployed first with the riot cops on standby. Most of these cops came from St. Louis anyway. There was clearly no threat and If I was a local, I wouldn't be very pleased with this sort of treatment. This was clearly overkill and will now become a joke.

I would expect more of this type of response as Obama continues to fuel up AF one on his policy campaign trail to nowhere. Obama might as well just take up full time residence on AF one.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm still waiting to hear how Obama or "the dems" are responsible for a local police department wanting to play dress up for the day????

Care to show me some proof that Obama ordered these officers to do this???

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Funny, there is no video of what actually led up to this clowns removal to the "free speech" zone. I can only imagine what he was saying and doing in order to attempt to get a rise out of someone. Just in time to turn the camera on of course.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm still waiting to hear how Obama or "the dems" are responsible for a local police department wanting to play dress up for the day????

Care to show me some proof that Obama ordered these officers to do this???

I can show you proof where Obama denied ever speaking to Blagjoevich but a certain subpoena tells a different tale.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join