It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% of Americans support Arizona Anti-Illegal Immigrant Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can’t prove they’re in the United States legally, a poll about Arizona’s new immigration law indicated.

The Angus Reid Public Opinion poll of 1,002 American adults asked respondents if they’d want four guidelines in Arizona’s immigration law enacted in their own state.

The law, the nation’s toughest, seeks to identify, prosecute and deport illegal immigrants and gives police broad powers to stop people on suspicion of being in the United States illegally.

Seventy-one percent of poll respondents said they’d support requiring their own police to determine people’s U.S. status if there was “reasonable suspicion” the people were illegal immigrants, the poll found.

hmm once again, as i and many on ATS have stated, the Pro-Illegal folks have no arguement. 71% of Americans... throughout all of america, SUPPORT the Arizona bill... White, Black and yes, Latino im sure. The only people who dont support this are the ones who have a vested interest in raping the social programs and job oppurtuinities of america and those who have a seperatist mentality like La Raza. Check this article out:

www.cnsnews.com...

“It perpetuates the fantasy that we can detain and deport millions of people from our country as a solution to our immigration problems and it propagates the notion that immigrants who are working hard in the Arizona economy are a criminal element to be rounded up and incarcerated,” LaRaza President and CEO Janet Murguia said during a telephone news conference.

WTF is she talking about??? shes lying, shes a damn liar!! there are only 500,000 illegals in Arizona, shes razing a hissy in the latino community by LYING to them... she obviously has an agenda beyond what she leads others to believe.

**AMERICA DOESNT WANT YOU HERE, GO HOME, WHEREVER YOUR HOME IS.**

ADD: and by the way Ms. Murguia, it's not fantasy, its the damn law.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think this is as much about a state daring to stand up for itself. Any state acting without permission of the federal government, or without the objectives of the federal government is unacceptable. Remember that the north american union will only happen if we beg for it. The economy must be overwhelmed by cheap labor in combination with the deindustrialization of the US. Once inflation hits we will beg for intervention. If the states act to stabilize their affairs that could prove a challenge to the NAU's progress. We need the states to act independently if we are gonna stand a chance. I think the way the media is raising a hoop la about this is amazing. This is small compared to torture, warrant-less arrests, political assassination, or a host of other fascist policies. Why now suddenly raise a storm about fascist moves? Anyway I can be taken to jail for jaywalking if I don't have my id. I probably will not be, but I could be. The bill looks bad don't get me wrong, but in the creeping fascist state it is minuscule compared to what has occurred in the past decade.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Since we just had two more Americans, fellow New Mexicans killed on US soil (4 if you count their dogs) I have to add my vote to the close the border and send them all back, crowd...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've seen polls from all sources on this and they are almost always in the 70% range in favor of enforcing the law.

S&F

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.news-leader.com...

Arizona's strict new immigration law has galvanized some Missouri lawmakers to propose the same rule for the Show-Me State.

"Absolutely," said state. Rep. Mark Parkinson, R-St. Charles, who plans to file a bill modeled after the Arizona law as early as 2011.

"I am going to try. It's another tool to curb illegal immigration," Parkinson said.

good for Missouri

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

I think the way the media is raising a hoop la about this is amazing. This is small compared to torture, warrant-less arrests, political assassination, or a host of other fascist policies. Why now suddenly raise a storm about fascist moves?

MSM does everything for ratings. No surprise they would be reporting this even though only a minority of people believe it is unfair (see poll results). They also have a tendency to think the way the gov'ment tells them to think (see response below).

I think this is as much about a state daring to stand up for itself. Any state acting without permission of the federal government, or without the objectives of the federal government is unacceptable.

Yep, the gov'ment hates that. Independent thinking is to be strongly discouraged.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
hmm once again, as i and many on ATS have stated, the Pro-Illegal folks have no arguement.

Why oh why do I bother, but here we go... No, it is not pro-illegal like so many folks want to say. Of course, for some reason the self-righteous indignation occurring when people call the supporters of this bill "racist" apparently supersedes all. It is not being pro-illegal to be against a bill that requires people based upon racial profiling to "show their papers." The governor in her press conference couldn't even say what an illegal alien looked like.

I'm all for catching illegal aliens, but not at the sake of suspending the rights of legal citizens because they don't have "papers."

I can pull polls of all sorts of things, it doesn't make them legit. I simply love how the same base that screamed bloody murder for the past 8 years of the Bush administration and how false all those polls were now stand behind the same polling sources as Gospel.

The only people who dont support this are the ones who have a vested interest in raping the social programs and job oppurtuinities of america and those who have a seperatist mentality like La Raza. Check this article out:

I have no interest in raping any "social program." In fact, I believe such programs should be abolished, which would also fix part of this "economic strain." As for raping job opportunities? Lets see how many people buy produce when its another 5 dollars per pound because Americans won't do minimum wage in the sun.

On a superficial note, I would expect a prideful citizen of the United States to capitalize America?

WTF is she talking about??? shes lying, shes a damn liar!! there are only 500,000 illegals in Arizona, shes razing a hissy in the latino community by LYING to them... she obviously has an agenda beyond what she leads others to believe.

Everyone has an agenda. Period. Getting mad because someone else has one that doesn't coincide with yours is invalid. Wanting to silence her and defame her character based upon such assertions is purely unAmerican.

No, you are not America, you are an American citizen, owned by the corporation working under the name The United States of America. Anything else you may want to be is only a dream you're being allowed to have. While you support this bill and scream from the rooftops, there is a person over in New York planning the first state law to collect your organs unless you purposefully opt out.

It's all in the priorities, I suppose...

A law that violates the Constitution is not a valid law. This will be a Supreme Court decision, hopefully they can pull Arizona out of the Nouveau Dark Ages, which may be difficult as the place is damn sunny and they were still able to make it over to the dark side.

There will come a time when you're next in line in some new bill to go after you. I hope others learn and show you more sympathy than you are passing on to others. But I guarantee you, it is only a matter of time.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
hmm once again, as i and many on ATS have stated, the Pro-Illegal folks have no arguement.

Why oh why do I bother, but here we go... No, it is not pro-illegal like so many folks want to say. Of course, for some reason the self-righteous indignation occurring when people call the supporters of this bill "racist" apparently supersedes all. It is not being pro-illegal to be against a bill that requires people based upon racial profiling to "show their papers." The governor in her press conference couldn't even say what an illegal alien looked like.

I'm all for catching illegal aliens, but not at the sake of suspending the rights of legal citizens because they don't have "papers."

I can pull polls of all sorts of things, it doesn't make them legit. I simply love how the same base that screamed bloody murder for the past 8 years of the Bush administration and how false all those polls were now stand behind the same polling sources as Gospel.

The only people who dont support this are the ones who have a vested interest in raping the social programs and job oppurtuinities of america and those who have a seperatist mentality like La Raza. Check this article out:

I have no interest in raping any "social program." In fact, I believe such programs should be abolished, which would also fix part of this "economic strain." As for raping job opportunities? Lets see how many people buy produce when its another 5 dollars per pound because Americans won't do minimum wage in the sun.

On a superficial note, I would expect a prideful citizen of the United States to capitalize America?

Everyone has an agenda. Period. Getting mad because someone else has one that doesn't coincide with yours is invalid. Wanting to silence her and defame her character based upon such assertions is purely unAmerican.

No, you are not America, you are an American citizen, owned by the corporation working under the name The United States of America. Anything else you may want to be is only a dream you're being allowed to have. While you support this bill and scream from the rooftops, there is a person over in New York planning the first state law to collect your organs unless you purposefully opt out.

It's all in the priorities, I suppose...

A law that violates the Constitution is not a valid law. This will be a Supreme Court decision, hopefully they can pull Arizona out of the Nouveau Dark Ages, which may be difficult as the place is damn sunny and they were still able to make it over to the dark side.

There will come a time when you're next in line in some new bill to go after you. I hope others learn and show you more sympathy than you are passing on to others. But I guarantee you, it is only a matter of time.

I'm admittantly showing my ignorance here. I have been hearing the term
"showing your papers" alot from those against the bill. Being a lifelong citizen who was born and raised in the good old USA, I have to produce a driver's license for a traffic violation or give my social security number for some services. What "papers" are people talking about? Shouldn't every legal citizen have a license, social security number or the very least, a green card, to show citizenship? This "show your papers" routine wreaks of a fake outrage by the people who are probably here illegally and can't come up with such, which this bill is trying to enforce, adherence to the law of the land.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

whoever this was did a great job pointing out step by step as he says, the media bias for illegal immigration.

has america gone mad??

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
More lawmakers are seeing the light.

From Minnesota to Georgia, Politicians Lend Support to Arizona Immigration Law

Immigration reform is long long overdue. We cannot continue to ignore the elephant in the room. It's crushing some states.

top topics

join