It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of the Oil Spill off the Louisiana Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I thought I'd post pictures from the recent oil spill of the La. coast. There have been numerous threads on this spill and ALL have gotten minimal attention here and also in the MSM. Being from the area and hearing about this the past few days I've decided to post some pic. I will also link all the other threads on this topic here. You can flame all you want saying oh well there's already numerous threads on this why create another, And usually I would agree but this is very important environmentally and financially.....gas prices are going to soar!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07744c0ebfc4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/408add7f6746.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a2184467c02.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3b42397a382.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66c9374b5c73.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19ad2d48aae4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c1b45f755bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are the links to other threads on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edited to correct my horrible spelling

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Wondering302]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I find it interesting that one of the headlines on CNN.com says that the military is currently deciding whether or not to assist in the spill.

Shouldn't that be a given? An oil spill of this magnitude heading quickly to shore will certainly kill much of the marine life and can potentially harm people as soon as it hits the shoreline.

I should think that one of the military's first goals & priorities should be to protect its citizens from danger, whether it be chemical, biological, or terrorist attack.

Just because the danger wasn't an intentional attack, doesn't mean the danger isn't real...and deadly.

The U.S. military may be called on to assist authorities scrambling to mitigate a potential environmental disaster posed by an oil spill expanding toward the Gulf Coast, the Coast Guard said Thursday.

Link: www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Awesome pictures.

But the question remains and I wrote a thread about it...here.

Why don't we use our own oil?

If we import 90% of the oil we use, this shouldn't affect us at all.
Well, maybe 10% increase in price.

Which at $3.02 a gallon, an increase of $0.30.
Not that huge. But noticeable.

Time will tell.
Thanks!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by havok]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I could have sworn that I heard earlier that they WERE called in, but when I just checked our local news site it says that they could be called in. I agree with you the military needs to get here and help the coast guard in what ever way they can. time will tell how bad this will be.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

You have a point there. I read some where earlier that this could be some sort of attack from the big oil companies telling the US to stop drilling our own oil. Not saying i believe this but it's worth looking into.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Environmental regulations. To actually open an oil refinery, you have to overcome very stiff regulatory and environmental regulations. And a lot of people like the idea of more oil refineries in the U.S., as long as they don't land in their backyard - Too much pollution.

Besides, the less oil, the higher the prices. Best to keep the oil in the ground to make the most amount of money. If oil were to become plentiful, the oil companies couldn't make as much money. Gotta keep oil scarce. : )

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

I hate hate hate the fact that you are so right on the money! I wish the world wasn't so dependent on black gold....sighs

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This disaster is almost to shore and the government has had almost a week to deal with this mess or more. What a bunch of incompetent idiots. WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY BEEN DOING THE LAST 72 HOURS????????? I'm sitting hear watching all these bureaucrats and government peons talk on this CNN briefing.......several females.......I want throw my t.v. out the window. It takes the government so long to start taking care of any crisis. My god if an earthquake or another major disaster happens do NOT rely on the US government. They are incompetent fools. Haiti, Katrina, and now this disaster.

Heads need to start rolling on this mess.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

From what I understand, and I could be wrong as I am only getting my news of this from local tv and websites, is that this spill is getting very little media attention and I don't understand why. As far as the government helping us you hit the nail on the head with Katrina. Now if this would have happened in lets say Haiti for example, the MSM would be all over this story and telethons would be set up and famous people would go there to bring the human interest side of the story to the publics attention. Obama would donate another $100,000,000 to there relief.

On another note, I happen to work for an insurance adjusting company here in La. and our environmental department is waiting to see if this will impact peoples homes along the coast line.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Bobby Jindal declares a state of emergency over the oil spill.

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.wwltv.com...

Footage of the oil burn today

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Wondering302]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

WOW! That is a lot of black smoke (toxic?) coming from just a small little test burn, and they want to light the whole damn thing on fire
I can even imagine the damage all that smoke will cause.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

That's what I was thinking. Smog? pollution? Closing down New Orleans International Airport because of smoke and ash issues? Who knows. I'm going to continue to update this thread as local news informs us on the latest.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Coast Guard is giving there daily press conference
www.wwltv.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The leading edge of the oil spill could hit land by tonight
www.wwltv.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was wondering about the media attention myself. I have no idea why this story isn't being covered. It seems like it should be treated as any other disaster. I smell a cover-up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I believe I am smelling the same thing!

The links I've provided through out the thread have been local New Orleans news channel websites, so you can go there to get the latest news on the spill and the effect on the region. I'll try to keep this thread updated tonight.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey Im from the area too , It is a tragic thing to have to deal with , However I dont recall us having any mountains on the Gulf Coast as in the second picture . Its a bad enough situation without finding picytures of previous spills and posting them as the gulf coast one

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
Hey Im from the area too , It is a tragic thing to have to deal with , However I dont recall us having any mountains on the Gulf Coast as in the second picture . Its a bad enough situation without finding picytures of previous spills and posting them as the gulf coast one

I noticed that too! I lived in NO, was in sales and traveled up and down the Gulf Coast and I sure don't remember seeing any mountains! The pic with the oil covered bird also has mountains in the background.

This is a horrible mess, both in lives lost and the environmental impact. A young man that lives in this area was killed and another critically injured.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I didn't even notice that, definitly no mountains here that's for sure. And NO I did not intentionally post pictures from another oil spill thank you very much, I was gathering pictures online and this one snuck by me. Sorry.

Anyway, the oil is starting to leak on shore according to WWLTV in New Orleans. Last night on the news I heard them saying that people in the city are starting to smell fumes. NOW I don't know if what they are smelling is actually fumes from the spill or it could be there minds playing tricks on them. Not sure. Here's a link
www.wwltv.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join