It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uniforms - They "CAN" Be Used For The Right Reason!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

In writing this thread I assume that the majority of you and all ATS members are unified in believing one, some of, or all of the below:

1. Our government is corrupt entirely or in some way or fashion.

2. Politics are tweaked for major or specific interests.

3. Revolution is inevitable and looming in our country/world.

4. Society is crumbling and eroding due to recent, national or world events.

5. Our economy and way of life is threatened by the views & actions of those who would feel favorable in regards to controlling, micromanaging and determining the outcome of our lives.

6. You don't agree with big brother and think his scope of control is much too encompassing.

7. You want a revolution for differing reasons.

8. You want a change in our current world situation for whatever reason it is.

Now assuming you believe one of those things I have concluded that everyone in ATS for the most part would like to be part of a change or would like to assist a change towards the better whether it be total revolution or freedom and liberty by taking a stand against the elite, FED, big brother or other authority. Regardless of the details, to deal with these problems, the ultimate outcome of something needs to be changed.

I have come to conclude that at this point in time our best option towards change of any or all of the above MUST begin at a local level and branch out from there, unless of course you have some kind of political clout and office that shares these views and can strategically make a difference from the inside.

Cop's and military are the opposition's main defense when we get tired of being tossed around, oppressed and finally take a stance against them. I'll say that again. "COP'S AND MILITARY" naturally assume they are protecting us, which they are, until they are used against us for corrupt purposes. That is why it is necessary to help enlighten and inform them of our expectations from them in regards to being protected from all enemies including foreign and domestic, in regards to holding them to the constitution, which they swore to uphold and when it involves their orders from those against us seeking to destroy our individual liberty. We need to inform them of the protection we expect of them.

Most take orders and follow them through as that is their job but there are also those authorities, officials and such that are aware of what is happening. It is our job to further the process so that when TSHTF, when it really happens, their ideals and education are much more tuned to protect us from our oppressive and unconstitutional government than the other way around.

Let's be honest here. Nothing is going to happen until we as a nation and world begin to take some action, not just talk about it, not just whine about the world, not just spout our opinions at our oppositely viewed friends and think we accomplished something. In order to facilitate the process of change, of unity, we must take some kind of action directed towards those that protect us but those that can also be used against us - local police and your sheriff.

Many of you have made your concerns known to your local officials and I applaud you. For those who haven't or would like to actually take a first or additional step in the right direction, would like to do something, make a difference and facilitate a more freedom driven world, I approach you with this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b652488c250b.jpg[/atsimg]

Wikipedia

A sheriff is in principle a legal official with responsibility for a county. In practice, the specific combination of legal, political, and ceremonial duties of a sheriff varies greatly from country to country.

The word "sheriff" is a contraction of the term "shire reeve". The term, from the Old English scīrgerefa, designated a royal official responsible for keeping the peace (a "reeve") throughout a shire or county on behalf of the king.[1] The term was preserved in England notwithstanding the Norman Conquest. From the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms the term spread to several other countries, at an early point to Scotland, latterly to Ireland and the United States.

In the United States, a sheriff is generally, but not always, the highest law enforcement officer of a county.

Yes, they can represent us and they should!

Primarily the Sheriff in many cases has the duty of being the law enforcement for the county that they represent. They have duties such as being the police force for the courthouse of the county as well as handling the duties of running a county jail if one exists.

They are also responsible for overseeing transporting of prisoners as well as enforcing traffic laws on county highways if they fall in the proper jurisdiction. There are some specific things in regards to most County Sheriff departments.

In many cases, the Sheriffs are elected official. That means that he or she is responsible to the people as they are holding a public office. So not only do they have the job of enforcing the law, but they are also responsible for keeping the people in their county or jurisdiction happy with the job that they are doing. In many cases, the mayor of the city or the city council appoints the police chief, whereas the Sheriffs are public representatives.

He or she is still responsible for upholding all aspects of the law. They are not simply a public figure who is allowed to carry a gun and a badge. They are representatives who enforce the law as well as practice it.

So, he or she is a lawmaker, representative and landlord all rolled into one. They maintain the peace in the community that they represent by being elected and maintaining the trust of the people that elect them.

As you can see above, the sheriff has lots of duties and role to play in the criminal justice fields. To put it mildly, it is lots of responsibility for one little title, which many people do not think about.

Articlebase

Continued...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So there it is, enlighten your local police department and sheriff's, pull up to them and have a intelligent discussion with them, inform them of what is constitutional and what your concerns are, let them know you are relying on "THEM" to protect you from unconstitutional laws and governments, foreign and domestic. Believe me, there are actually many authority figures out there that will fight for you, that are cops and soldiers who, for the right reason, support and fight for freedom and liberty and not because of power issues or personal insecurities and they "CAN" make a difference.

P.S.

Yes, for most of us this is a risky move and no one wants to be labeled a potential extremist but with a strategic, informed and questioning approach, instead of an all knowing one, you "CAN" successfully help sway the opinions of local authorities. By handling your conversation methodically you can entrust your ideals with a cop, soldier and from there voice your concerns along with informing and swaying their sometimes limited perceptions.

So do it, stop a cop, sheriff, soldier and give them a little reminder about how we appreciate and rely on them and how they are entrusted to protect our constitutional rights. Let's remind them all of the oath they took to protect us from enemies foreign "AND" domestic!

Edit: Coding issues.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would like to add that this is best done only if you already have a relationship with the said police officer or deputy. Otherwise, you will probably end up on their private list of undesirables. I've seen it happen more than once.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

In smaller communities such as mine this works better, true. However if you feel a relationship is necessary to enact this, then feel free to build a relationship. I have learned many times that if I want something from someone or want to make a difference that I must first get to know that person and gain their trust and that makes sense. If you feel it necessary to know the authority figure or develop a relationship, I don't see anything wrong with that.

top topics

join