It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU to Obama: ‘Entire world is not a war zone’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Link

In the letter (PDF), the civil liberties group argues that the alleged program -- which, according to news reports, is now targeting at least one US citizen -- is unlawful and unconstitutional, and could set a dangerous precedent leading to foreign governments killing people on US soil.

"The program that you have reportedly authorized appears to envision the use of lethal force not just on the battlefield in Iraq, Afghanistan, or even the Pakistani border regions, but anywhere in the world, including against individuals who may not constitute lawful targets," ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero stated in the letter.

"The entire world is not a war zone, and wartime tactics that may be permitted on the battlefields in Afghanistan and Iraq cannot be deployed anywhere in the world where a terrorism suspect happens to be located."

The "War on Terror" is a perpetual war and a global war. In fact the US military could legitimately be viewed as the NWO global police force superseding all treaties and international law. Lately it seems the law is a mere pretense not applying to the elite and powerful only the little people need be concerned with the law. There seems to be a geopolitical agenda being played out with our military being used as global enforcers and the MSM used as the propaganda arm for a "Ministry of Truth".

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Why not have foreign government killing people on US soil? Eventually it will be one global government killing whoever it wants wherever it wants.

This is just free trade oppression. Oh, I'm sorry. Free trade protection.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wait, I agree with the ACLU?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Today is a strange day indeed.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

ACLU should have been awake at Dawn when I posted my latest story
Its not a drug war, just a WAR!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama either doesn't know that minor fact, or he doesn't care more Americans died on US soil...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Haha thats what I thought. It surprises me that an organization that is considered liberal would go up against Obama but I have more respect for them now.
Although as for targeting citizens, lets be honest, its probably been authorized for at least 50 years and done for at least a hundred. They only make things like this public when they think its been long enough and we won't do anything about it.
(warrentless wiretaps were authorized by president Ford and made public by Bush admin.)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think ATS members got a little taste of what it is like to be labeled as a terrorist when the ADL decided that our community represents a threat.

Who makes the call?? Previously we had a jury of our peers and legal counsel. Now we just get a Predator drone down the chimney if we are pronounced guilty by...????

new topics

top topics

join