It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails Revealed!!!: What they are, who is doing it and why.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It has been very interesting to read the arguments of Weedwhaker and Northwarden. I think both have valid points and some common ground.

As Weedwhaker points out, we humans are quite insignificant when it comes to affecting the climate or the composition of the atmosphere. The planet can cause changes in both, in just a few days (through volcanoes, earthquakes, fires, hurricanes and what have you). If we look back on a longer time scale we find all the evidence. A warm planet gradually cooled down and froze during the the ice age and then the planet warmed up again. There is also the concept that there used to be just one continent on the globe. Then the land split over five continents over a very long period. None of this was caused by dinosaurs breaking wind and affecting the ozone layer , etc. All was a gradual and natural process.

Without getting into Chemtrail debate too much, there seems to have been collusion among the scientists and the powers that be. The only scientists who are allowed to be heard are the ones agreeing with the governments on environmental issues. The voices of the ones who diagree with the climate change nonsense are gagged. Although I do not have the geo-engineering knowledge, it does make sense to me that they would try and play with the idea of changing the composition of fuel. Just like cars , airplanes have some kind of exhaust and it is not inconceivable that measures have be taken to try and affect what comes out in the exhaust.

Although in my opinion it is futile to try and play with the atmosphere, I have to keep an open mind about the geo-engineering activities that may be going on, as mentioned by Northwarden. The worrying thing is that all the major world leaders are colluding and there is no opposition. I am no conspiracy theorist, but I do worry about decisions made by the UN and World health Organations , supported by misguided scientists.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I'm glad to see you are in contact with "Oz"....still wondering how you keep such a misconception going, though. Since you are reaching out to educate yourself.

I am still digesting your latest posts, but just one thing popped out to me.

It is vitally important that one takes time to learn about these things. From one of your external source quotes:

JP-8 contains three additives...

JP-8. That specific fuel is NOT used in commercial passenger airliners.

Please look it up, commercial passenger aviation uses Jet-A1.

There are minor differences in formulation, dealing mostly with the volatility (in automotive terms, you could call it the 'octane' rating. Really, it is about flash point specifics).

Jet-A (and -A1) is less volitile, and considered safer.

Like I keep saying, though, the AMOUNT of anything that can possibly be included in the exhaust gases of jets is miniscule. In terms of the OVERALL size of the planet, and the atmosphere --- both in terms of horizontal area, and also vertical, hence the 'volume' of space (air) involved.

(Besides the very real problem of "designing" something that will survive the combustion process, and the heat. AND, NOT clog the filters, the pumps, the nozzles, etc).

Anyone see my comparison to the recent Iceland volcano? Human efforts are puny, and will always be, when looked at in that perspective.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hello to both,

Thanks for taking the time to look over what I came across. On the point of J-8 being a military grade fuel, I was referring to the additives used. You said something to the effect of there being none in use Weedwhacker. I included that because the proposals for future geoengineering involves jet craft that fly at sustained stratospheric levels.

An overview of geoengineering of climate using stratospheric sulphate aerosols
29 August 2008
The Royal Society (overview from 3 university scientists and one government scientist)

The analogy is not perfect because the volcanic aerosol is flushed within a few years, and the climate system does not respond in the same way as it would if the particles were continually replenished.
Pg 4009

Our generic platform is a jet-fighter-sized aircraft carrying a payload of 10 metric tons of finely divided aerosol, or an equivelant precursor mass, to be distributed evenly over a 2500 km flight path during an 4-hour flight ...
pg 4015

For the conservative scenarios we have explored, it would take of the order of a million flights of 4-hour duration (2500 km) per year to deliver the nominal amount of aerosol (10 Tg particles yr^-1=2.5 Tg S yr^-1) needed to balance the warming associated with greenhouse gas emissions. These numbers are still quite rough, and it is possible that up to four times as much sulphur might be required.
pg 4031

PDF Format

That's 10 to 40 million tons a year of a sulpheric acid compound!

Further, the patent for spreading of metallic aerosols has reached Boeing and Raytheon in recent years :

The Chemistry of the Modern Sky

According to a patent issued to Hughes Aircraft Company for dispersing metallic aerosol into the stratosphere, particles may stay suspended for up to a year. Hughes Aircraft, a major US defense contractor [14, 15], has been bought and sold by other defense contractors such as Boeing and Raytheon in recent years.

Exeprt from United States Patent 5003186:

The particles may be seeded by dispersal from seeding aircraft; one exemplary technique may be via the jet fuel as suggested by prior work regarding the metallic particles. Once the tiny particles have been dispersed into the atmosphere, the particles may remain in suspension for up to one year.

To avoid making qualitative judgments, I will not belabor the point that the horizon has been consistently gray, anywhere near commercial airports, since at least the early 1990s. But it would appear that the metal aerosol is indeed being dispersed, and staying suspended. While corporate media generally claims there can be no further debate about climate change, there are thousands of respected scientists who dispute the notion that atmospheric CO2 is the primary cause, and take exception to the idea that human intervention is required to “correct” it. At least 400 of them have testified to this effect to the US Senate [16].

chemtrails.cc...

Is it such a stretch to see an additive or spray mechanism added to commercial flights? It's two birds with one stone

And if one is not willing to dismiss "chemtrail" sites out of hand, you learn that independant research in great numbers does have a scientific impact. It may be, in some eyes, a "rough science", but that does not mean all findings are to be tossed out - how foolish! - and these reasoning people are keen on the environmental impacts which are overlooked by proponants. This is everyones health on the line, nature included.
SAG is the stratospheric geoengineering program.

Wigington became concerned about SAG when he began to notice dramatic changes in the solar power that he uses to supply his home and property. Owner of one of the largest residential solar systems in Northern California, he began to notice very high declines in solar power. It can be decreased by as much as 60 percent on what he calls “heavy spraying days”. Wigington said, “The trails are literally blocking the sun”. He also went on to say that he regularly samples the fine dust layers on top of his solar panels and other outdoor surface areas and frequently finds very high levels of aluminum and barium. Wigington believes that these are a product of SAG programs.

At the same time as finding decreased solar power, Wigington also began to witness dramatic changes on his property as the trees, grass, insects and wildlife started dying. This led him to get his first rain test just four years ago. The results were shocking as they found aluminum levels at 7 ug/l or 7 parts per billion. Although aluminum can be found around the world in smaller quantities, geo-hydrologists told him that this number was quite high. Since that time, he has had aluminum tests escalate as high as 50,000 percent to 3,400ug/l. That is literally toxic rain. These results prompted him to get additional pH tests from two USDA soil scientists which yielded more shocking results. The pH of the soil was 6.6 in one area and 7.4 in another. This is over 11 times the normal alkalinity of the soil which should be in the range of 5.0 to 5.5. It is important to note the tests were taken in the forest far removed from any highway or industry.

When asked what these changes can do to the ecosystem, Wigington replied by saying that it is devastating. He went on to say, “if this continues, we can only expect to see things get much worse. Not only are we seeing our trees dying here, but also a major decline in our wildlife and fish”. As a matter of fact, Wigington stated that according to The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, the salmon run, once seen in abundance in this area has declined from 769,868 in 2002 to 39,530 in 2009. That is over a 90 percent decline. Amazingly enough, this decline started occurring about the same period of time when residents began to see a dramatic increase in what they believe to be SAG programs. Wigington’s efforts to get these issues and test results addressed has been largely ignored by government agencies and officials.

Source, as above.

CrowdedSkies, you mentioned Barium? Please have a look at this blog.

Monday, November 23, 2009
Chemtrails - Barium - Poisoning or mop up?

mikephilbin.blogspot.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ignoring, for a bit, the incredibly incorrect syntax....I repeat, a portion, from one of your links:

Our generic platform is a jet-fighter-sized aircraft carrying a payload of 10 metric tons of finely divided aerosol, or an equivelant precursor mass, to be distributed evenly over a 2500 km flight path during an 4-hour flight ...

"during an (sic) 4-hour flight)

OK....notwithstanding that gaffe, let's look, again at the math.

2,500 kilometers is, for American audiences, the equivalent of about 1,550 miles. Keep that firgure in mind, please.

OK...NOW to, a "jet-fighter-sized" aircraft? "Capable" ( per the poster's source (?) ) of carrying a "payload of 10 metric tons"?

It seems that the people who wish to spread this nonsence expect YOU to not understand anything about aviation. Or airplanes....

IN FACT, they are COUNTING on this ignorance, lest their BS become evident.

"10 metric tons"?

about 20.000 pounds....

Ridiculous.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
To answer your questions ...

The Benefits, Risks, and Costs of Stratospheric Geoengineering

Alan Robock, Allison Marquardt, Ben Kravitz, and George Stenchikov
Department of Environmental sciences, Rutgers university, NB, NJ

Existing small jet fighter planes, like the F-15C Eagle (figure 2a), are capable of flying into the lower stratosphere in the tropics, while in the arctic, larger planes, such as the KC-135 stratotanker or KC-10 Extender (figure 2b), are capable of reaching the required altitude. Specialized research aircraft such as the American Lockheed ER-2 and the Russian M55 Geophysica, both based on Cold War spy planes, can also reach 20 km, but neither has a very large payload or could be operated continuously to deliver gases to the stratosphere. The Northrop grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk can reach 20 km without a pilot but costs twice as much as an F-15C. Current designs have a payload of 1 - 1.5 tons. Clearly it is possible to design an autonomous (edit - unmarked?) specialized aircraft to loft sulfuric acid precursors into the lower atmosphere, but the current analysis focuses on existing aircraft.
Pg 8-9

PDF Format

From Wikipedia, the payloads of the planes besides those listed in the article :

F-15C Eagle:
Empty weight: 28,000 lb (12,700 kg)
Loaded weight: 44,500 lb (20,200 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 68,000 lb (30,845 kg)

KC-135 Stratotanker:
Empty weight: 98,466 lb (44,663 kg)
Loaded weight: 297,000 lb (135,000 kg)
Useful load: 200,000 lb (90,700 kg)

KC-10 Extender:
Empty weight: 241,027 lb (109,328 kg)
Loaded weight: 593,000 lb (269,000 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 590,000 lb (267,600 kg)

ER-2 variant of American Lockheed U-2S:
Single-seat "earth resource" ER-model for NASA research
U-2S stats
Empty weight: 14,300 lb (6,760 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 40,000 lb (18,100 kg)

Wikipedia for above stats

Russian M55 Geophysica:
Maximum payload, kg 2000

homepage.corbina.net...

This is "The Science Unlerlying Geoengineering"
by Professor John Shepherd of the UK Royal Society. It's a main presentation listed at the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs,
DSD - Division for Sustainable Development. They list the Royal societies work, which is the same society who published the overview you are critical of. No basis in fact? Go ahead bud, have at 'er.

www.cigionline.org...

UN page.
www.un.org...

Speaking of that Hughes patent, here is an excellant geoengineering background dating from the early 90's. It's Chemtrails background essentially.

The Company of Howard Hughes’ Climate Change Fight - Old Govt Documentation On Geoengineering *

Back on page 454 of the 1992 global geoengineering report they go into the costs of chemtrailing with Hughes’ type technology:

“If a dust distribution mission requires the equivalent of a 500-mile flight (about 1.5 hours), the delivery cost for dust is $500/t, and ignoring the difference between English and metric tons, a cost of $0.50/kg of dust. If 1010 kg must be delivered each 83 days, (provided dust falls out at the same rate as soot), 5 times more than the 1987 total ton-miles will be required. The question of whether dedicated aircraft could fly longer distances at the same effective rate should be investigated.”

“One chapter of the report, ‘The Fluorescent Particle Trials’, reveals how between 1955 and 1963 planes flew from north-east England to the tip of Cornwall along the south and west coasts, dropping huge amounts of zinc cadmium sulphide on the population. The chemical drifted miles inland, its fluorescence allowing the spread to be monitored.

Despite the media blackout on current National Security operations there was one report from Germany’s RTL. RTL News is owned by the RTL Group which is Europe’s largest TV, radio and production company. Below are extracts from that 2007 news report (the broadcast can be viewed here):

“Clouds up to 350 km long appear all of a sudden on the radar, but only on the meteorological radars .

“We can state with a 97% certainty that we have on our hands chemical trails [chemtrails] comprised by fine dust containing polymers and metals. The radar images are stunning considering the needed tons of dispersed elements. Military heads claim that the substances used are not harmful.

“Military planes of the German Federal Army are manipulating our climate

“The registers report emissions of chemtrails at low altitudes"

www.wiseupjournal.com...

Incredible. This one's worth a read. It's a good part of the conspiracy unmasked - all we're missing are statistics.

Club of rome's world government ,climate change and depopulation....
freemanireland.ning.com...

"The common enemy of humanity is man. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

Alexander King Co-Founder of the Club of Rome, (premier environmental think-tank and consultants to the United Nations) from his 1991 book The First Global Revolution

"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."

Prof. Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Biology and Global Change. Professor Schneider was among the earliest and most vocal proponents of man-made global warming and a lead author of many IPCC reports. He is a member of the Club of Rome.

"We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy."

Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation and member of the Club of Rome.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
I have never been interested in discussing chemtrails before. Now, because I hear all sorts of conspiracy theories, I feel the need to ask my one and only question.

For those who say we are being poisoned, etc (de-population argument), I ask : why do we not see our leaders wearing masks or avoiding the open space and fresh air. Presidents and Prime Ministers walk outside just like all of us. In fact all world leaders do.

I know that some will say that the world is not run by those people. It is a secret elite that does the busines of running the world. If that is the case then I must feel sorry for these elites and their families. Imagine not being able to step in the open air. Total enslavement - the exact opposite of what they want to achieve.

So how do they stop themselves and their children from going out in the open and breathe the air that they are supposed to have poisoned. I suppose that some will say that they are reptilians and can breathe without the nasty effect.

I first noticed these contrails about 35 years ago . Still I do not have any medical problems and they do not seem to have had an adverse effect on the health of the world's population generally.

Strangely, nobody suggested that there was a conspiracy to reduce the population by the invention of the cigarette. Neither had there been a conspiracy theory for the lung problems of millions of miners worlwide who had no protecting gear back in the 1950s, 60s and early 70s. I am happy to say that in both cases, attitudes have shifted and tobacco is now seen as harmful by the authorities and so is a dusty work atmosphere.

I feel that the chemtrail conspiracy is somewhat hard to accept. If the perpetrators wanted to poisoned us (physically or mentally)then they are going about it in a very stupid way. I am probably more healthy than my father or grandfather were at my age and, more importantly, I am more of a rebel than a subdued citizen. All this, after some 35 years of so-called toxic chemicals being deliberately released in the air to subdue or poison us.

Please note that I accept there is a collusion by world leaders to control citizens even more. This is something which is undeniable. Our freedom is being eroded and we are constantly under surveillance. We are tracked all the time and monitored. This is far more sinister. The reason we are not able to stop it is because of the new laws that are comming in fast and furious. These laws restrict our freedom and ability to object.

The western population has become like sheep and are so easy to manipulate and they don't have the will to put politicians out of office. They have only themselves to blame. It is not the water they drink or the air they breathe. It is just that the fire of freedom that used to burn in their heart has been extinguished.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by crowdedskies]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by crowdedskies]

To ask this question implies that the asker does not have a common understanding that our supposed "leaders" are simply figureheads and that the real influence that pulls the strings is unmarked behind the scenes. Some may call this the military industrial complex.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It's a shame when you keep relying on those sites like "wiseupjournal" and the thing about Lions, or what ever that one is...Is that the one with all the religious overtones and mumbo-jumbo?

Trying to piece together widely separate cases, with a bit of full-on disinformation to boot, is the preferred tactic of such "chemtrail" website promoters.

Tests in the UK, spraying "flourescent" particles, and such? Well-covered, and well understood....YES, they did it without infoming the civilians...BECAUSE it was designed to test reactions to potential chemical attacks from teh USSR!

It was the COLD WAR! And, no harm came to anyone...more people got sick from decades of coal mining, and industrial pollution than from those short tests.

"chemtrail" websites weave together such disparate "factoids", witht he breathless allusions to some "World Wide Conspiracy" by a group, always a different name, the "Illuminati" seems to be common, sometimes....

But, I shall let others pound all of those fantasies into the ground, where they belong.

Your other vital misunderstanding concerns the aircraft data you (helpfully) provided.

It appears you may have little or no understanding of aviation, and airplanes, because you don't seem to grasp the full significance.

You should research what the terms mean..."Empty Weight", for instance.

In a nutshell, just taking the Max Gross Takeoff Weight, and subtracting the EW, doesn't give you the payload capacity...you still have to have FUEL for the engines on the airplane!! Fuel has weight, too....

That's the simple explanation, one can do more studying if one wishes to learn more deeply......

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Im from a Northern Indian Reservation in Saskatchewan Canada and every now and I remember last summer we had 4 jets circle repeatedly just above the reserve making a series of lines with smoke and they stayed they way for about 30 minutes then went back to the local Army Base. (Cold lake)

I just thought I would throw that in there.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Hi, I am a serious energy activist. This is my first post on ATS.

I work at home and recently began drying my clothes on the line. Thus, I am able to be outside more than most. I am seeing chem trails on every sunny day in my Atlanta suburb lately. I saw them in the North Georgia mountains over the weekend.

There is a quite serious source I want to share:
Dr. Edward Teller (Father of the Hydrogen Bomb and inspiration for Dr. Strangelove) 1997 white paper on file at the U.S. Department of Energy advocates spraying aluminum and barium to reflect the sun's rays and counteract global warming "Global Warming and Ice Ages: Prospects for Physics-Based Modulation of Global Change"
www.osti.gov...

Besides watching the chem trail activity on a regular basis, I have seen, usually, four small jets, white with red tails, come from various points on a staggered schedule (about three minutes apart) to turn towards Lockheed and Dobbins Air Force Base after filling the sky with criss crossed trails.

I recently got a new windshield and was outside while the glass company was installing it. There was a lot of plane activity and trails. The next morning, my clean, new windshield had a fine particulate dust on it that glinted in the sun and looked like black metal on my finger. It blew away when I drove my car. Should have gotten a sample, though I don't know where I would have gotten it analyzed.

I am really getting an angry reaction from people about this! I have seen many comments to this effect, I have gazed at the sky my whole life. I know what contrails look like. THIS IS DIFFERENT.

I believe that the government is experimenting with geoengineering and part of the reason they are keeping it secret is that they aren't really admitting to global warming.

"Conspiracy" theory? In 1945 when Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed with atomic weapons, there were 600,000 people employed in the secret nuclear industry whose budget was being kept from Congress.

So, my "strategy" is to speak up and hope that we can dispel the mystery and debate whether this is an activity we want to subscribe to, or not.

edit on pm3120131210201331959Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:59:03 -0600 by atomdotgirl because: make it look better

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join