It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugs are beautiful too! (Stunning Photos)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by DaMod

That ornamental spider looks like a tarantula. All the pictuers are awsome, but I don't think you will ever make me a spider lover. I especially don't like the ones that jump. It's bad enought that they have 8 legs to run with, when they start jumping, I start swatting. Actually I swat anything with 8 legs. Sorry all you arachnid lovers. May they all visit your house and not mine.

Yes, technically it is a tarantula. It is arboreal though (it lives in trees).

Jumping spiders are harmless. No matter what species they are. (The most dangerous species of Jumping spider I can think of will give you a little itch and a red bump.. that's it..) They are also quite docile (non aggressive) and fun to play with.

Try this whether you like them or not. Catch one in some sort of container. Don't worry, you have more to fear from a fire ant.

Then I want you to release it on your computer monitor.

You will be amazed how much fun it is to watch the little bugger chase your mouse pointer around.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation

Originally posted by Phenomium
Ok I have to say it if no one else is.
I am not trying to be rude but has anyone, other than myself, gotten the feeling that ATS (ABOVE TOP SECRET!) is becoming a little less ATS and more like a nature channel? All of these entries on pretty clouds and vibrant stories of this and that and now bugs. How is this even classified, let alone above top secret? It is just frustrating to have gotten the inside scoop for so long, waking up every morning and coming to ATS was like opening a new gift everyday........now all I get is this crap, which is more like opening a pair of socks at christmas. Let's get back to work people and stop with the beautiful world stuff.......you won't be looking at anything but a FEMA prison wall if you don't focus. All you will see there is cockroaches and millworms. If ATS keeps going in this direction, there will be nothing pretty for us to look at anymore.These types of entries just wreak of distraction.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Phenomium]

Sorry you can't take a little time away from conspiracy to enjoy the life that is all around us... I don't think checking out some pictures of wildlife is going to be the reason I end up in a FEMA camp... That is absurd to even say.

You know they say that reality is stranger than fiction and these little creepy crawlies enforce that in my mind.

Lighten up and enjoy the world around you, it's not always bad to gravitate away from the doom and gloom for a few min even if it is on a conspiracy site.

Like I said....there are nature channels and sites to see this stuff on. YOU ARE ON A CONSPIRACY SITE! This is where the doom and gloom lives. There is a time and place for everything and THIS is not a conspiracy topic. Its not that I don't look at the world around me but when I come to a CONSPIRACY site........the last thing I think about is pretty bugs and clouds etc. Your photos are in the wrong place. These types of additions to ATS are like a glammed up gay person walking through Compton California.........very interesting to look at, but man, you are in the wrong part of town.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by Phenomium

Personally I find this thread a lot more deserving of the home page than the thread about 4th dimensional beings sucking out spirits out through metal detectors at airports. Or the threads about how war is coming on April 30th (yup I heard this morning Obama secretly sent troops to invade China, the 9th dimenstion ascended beings to me). Or a thread about some guys imaginary friend that said in June/July the CIA is going to magically EMP us with technology that doesn't exist. Or another thread stating yet again that WTC7 fell down on its own. Or a thread about dark wizards casting hexes. Or interplanetary interdimensional beings who travel through wormholes into peoples bedrooms and sit on their chest to try and kill them at night (they come in the form of a dark cloud). Or how some kid that lives in his mom's basement and plays EVE Online has discovered warp drive bcuz the video game told him. Shall I go on?

1 in 1000 of the threads on here is worth something. 1 in 10 of the threads on here actually are valid conspiracies. 1 in 5 are actually worth more than 9 flags.

This thread may seem stupid to you but I think it might remind some of these people with imaginary friends that they are living on planet Earth in the REAL world where there are things that you can actually SEE and TOUCH. Not only one person can see and touch them either. Other people around them can actually see and touch them too! It might snap a few people out of their imaginary worlds.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To the OP: Thank you so much for reminding me there's a beautiful planet out there. Sometimes I get lost in the dark and dreary imaginations of others. Its nice to get snapped out of it and take a look at the world around me for a moment.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Reply to post by Phenomium

Personally I find this thread a lot more deserving of the home page than the thread about 4th dimensional beings sucking out spirits out through metal detectors at airports. Or the threads about how war is coming on April 30th (yup I heard this morning Obama secretly sent troops to invade China, the 9th dimenstion ascended beings to me). Or a thread about some guys imaginary friend that said in June/July the CIA is going to magically EMP us with technology that doesn't exist. Or another thread stating yet again that WTC7 fell down on its own. Or a thread about dark wizards casting hexes. Or interplanetary interdimensional beings who travel through wormholes into peoples bedrooms and sit on their chest to try and kill them at night (they come in the form of a dark cloud). Or how some kid that lives in his mom's basement and plays EVE Online has discovered warp drive bcuz the video game told him. Shall I go on?

1 in 1000 of the threads on here is worth something. 1 in 10 of the threads on here actually are valid conspiracies. 1 in 5 are actually worth more than 9 flags.

This thread may seem stupid to you but I think it might remind some of these people with imaginary friends that they are living on planet Earth in the REAL world where there are things that you can actually SEE and TOUCH. Not only one person can see and touch them either. Other people around them can actually see and touch them too! It might snap a few people out of their imaginary worlds.

There are a lot of homepage additions that may be equally as bad as the ones you spoke of, I have seen them, however, I was not referring to them. You negated to mention the additions to the homepage that were indeed worthy of viewing, which were also relevant to the paradigm of discussion, which is supposed to be conspiracy topics, not nature's closeups.

Look, I have made my point and all of you keep coming at me with the same old rhetoric time after time. I will say it one more time, this is a conspiracy site and spiders and ants are not conspiracy, you are in the wrong place. If you want to see beauty in nature, GO TO A NATURE SITE. That is the BEAUTY of the internet, if I WANT to see beautiful bugs, I can go where I want to see them, if I want to see conspiracy OR EVEN HEAR FICTICIOUS ALIEN STORIES, this is the place, they go hand in hand. Regardless of whether other people place wierd, unbelievable stories on here or not, it doesn't make it right for yet another person to do it. True, there may be 1 in 10 that are legit, but it's those diamonds that are treasured, not spiders, ants and flies. This couldn't be further from conspiracy if you tried. AGAIN, (because I know you forgot already), This is a conspiracy site and bugs (beautiful or not) belong on a nature forum. It's great that you guys want to show people that there is a prettier world out there.......but then.........WHO ASKED YOU? When I come here, I am not looking for the beautiful world, I am looking for information that can make an ugly world better. Bugs are hardly going to help us politically and if I wanted beautiful nature, I wouldn't come here to get it. This site has officially been taken over by 'new age hippies'.
No star, No flag.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures.... Still doesnt change my ungodly fear of spider
Sorry :-X

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Nice pix!

As a contribution... check out my avatar... I think he is a pretty kewl looking critter....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I hope you don't mind if I add some!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9a45063eaa5.jpg[/atsimg]

MysterE, those are some great macro photography pics.

There's quite a few other examples here if you like that sort of thing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7deb3ab2899.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanlung
Stunning and hauntingly beautiful photos.

I will look on spiders with different eye now.

Thank you for the uploads

wow wow wow wow see above since I am too stunned to think of my own words wow wow

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nice thread!

Life is amazing, just the other day I saw two garter snakes copulating; I find it amazing that afterward they remained together for a few hours- almost as if they were hugging. Go figure.

The only creature that destroys so much is, as you already know, mankind. We still need to get to our true 'nature' and be able to both live with one another and the rest of the planet. That, I think, is part of it- the distinction most have between humans and the rest of living creatures and the planet...life.

I am hopeful though... the upcoming enlightenment might help- if not, I enjoy life regardless.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
absolutely astounding photos. I love Macro photography... It really brings the world into view.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by djmolecular]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Kill them all

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
my golly gosh.
incredible photos. and a brilliant avatar banner too.
has somebody already said that? i'm sure they have. but definitely needs saying again

both thumbs up, tip of the hat, and a pat on the back. nice one.
doesn't it just make us humans feel that tiny little less arrogant!?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not particulary fond of insects but these pix are of a breathtaking beauty

Thanks to the OP and the other varius posters

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh my god those are crazy haha.
So many buzzy little bugs on this planet!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Awesome pics!!!

I never knew a bug to be so colorful............Amazing.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Very beautiful bugs!

But c`mon!! They`re so colorfull or fluffy, that even I like them.

Show me one dark Daddy longlegs, a Centipede and a black cockroach and I start hyperventilating, crying, sweating etc.

But I always admire nature`s beauty
I don`t know why I have that phobia anyway
I tried some time ago looking at photos and photographing -part of my "healing process" - and I ended up liking tarantulas

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

TV Nation.....

Let's hope your bugs don't meet this guy!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9bb1724d21d.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This one is too cute xD

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great photos OP! Thanks! I just wanted to let you know, in a totally sincere and non-nitpicky tone, that Arachnids are not insects, but they protect us from insect overpopulation! I read somewhere that there is like a million insects in an acre of land and if it weren't for Arachnids and other animals that prey on insects, we would be knee deep in bugs! And I have a love/hate relationship with spiders, they freak me out but are really fascinating! Thanks again!

edited for bad syntax!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Springheel Jack]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join