It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugs are beautiful too! (Stunning Photos)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Holy smokin spider bat dude..those are some awesome pictures, man i want that guys camera too,S&F for some totally awesome pics

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Beuatiful pics,I believe about 90% of the worlds Bio-mass is insects,the other 10% is every other living thing,makes you think

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That's so beautiful. It just made me smile to look at those. I often find myself in wonderment at the beauty of the insect world. I've been all over and seen some really beautiful 'bugs.' I also tend not to like the idea of killing them if at all possible. Kinda like the docility of the Apache Jumping Spider mentioned earlier...how do we know that that spider isn't the spider version of that really cool, really peaceful beautiful person you know who has a lot of energy and bounces of the walls with their own existence? We wouldn't want to squash that soul would we? What's the diff?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
That was discusting, don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Incredible pix!
and the flys eyes remind me of fractals immediately. s&f for you.
one of them also reminds me of my ex.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Great pics but "bugs are beautiful"???

No!!!!

Creepy as all hell if you ask me!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sorry, double post...

[edit on 30/4/10 by sotp]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Big applause, a well executed thread with stunning photos, but...

Isn't this Abovetopsecret.com?

ATS has - as far as I've understood a creed that profiles it amongst the myriad of web sites. I don't need to post them for you, they're accessible here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's see what fits the bill:

"Deny ignorance". Ok, were we all ignorant about how cute spiders can be if you can get close-ups of their hairy legs and multiple eyes? Have we all been denied information about this, somehow along the line, in the general media? A quick look on the web found at least a dozen macro-photography sites where photos like these are displayed in plenty.

"As the world becomes increasingly chaotic and as the nature of things to come unfolds, it can be more and more difficult to gain true insight into what is really happening at times."

In human affairs, politics, war, special events, etc yes. In the life of a fly?

I realize I'm pissing on something everybody seems to appreciate, but didn't they create BTS for this type of threads?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wonder if Aliens look like that. I mean E.T. or UFO or whatever, imagine they are bugs. With four eyes, oooh men, and we are just yummy fresh meat. RUN RUN RUN RUN.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Have we all been denied information about this, somehow along the line, in the general media? A quick look on the web found at least a dozen macro-photography sites where photos like these are displayed in plenty.

Can this not be applied to about half of the threads that are started on ATS? Look at the sources of a lot of threads and you will find that they are from mainstream news outlets that are easily accessed by all with little to no effort.

As for this thread belonging in BTS point me to where the forum is that deals with nature? There isn't one... The fragile earth forum fit this thread best so that's where I put it, If the mods think this is in the wrong place then they are welcome to move it, that would not bother me in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Beautiful pics! I have a severe spiderphopia, but looking at them up close like this - they look like cute teddybears. I love their eyes. Thank you for this post!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The spider ones look really cute

I love nature as you might of guessed! But these stunning photographs have made me love it even more!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Nice pics, I thought i saw a little alien sitting between one's eyes

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
these are incredible , the colours in the eyes are fantastic simply beautiful !

some of the little spiders look soo cute !

awwww

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Starred and flagged.

I love insects, although many tend to freak me out. But when you make them look big like that thanks to the photography, it just makes (most) of them cute and cuddly.

Like spiders.

Peace,
FK

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The time and effort put into those pics shows dedication

I like a little photography and always have an eye for a good pic but to get all them different insects and get the quality is outstanding

Good work ol' lad

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

It broke my "no spiders in the house" rule and had to be sprayed.

You do realize that when you sprayed it you sprayed yourself too, don't you? Those poisons got aerosolized and you breathed some of them in to your lungs and into your body. How many times have you done that?

Poisons collecting in your tissues and on the surfaces of your home.

Just take a little jar or cup, catch the little bugger, and take him for a free ride out to the garden (or neighbours garden if u wish) and let him live.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Wow!

...A technicolor rainbow!

These are the most stunningly beautiful pictures of insects that I have ever seen.

They made my morning, thanks mate!

Is this fly's eyes amazing or what?!?

This guy has a clone growing out of his forehead...

...And this dude looks like a baseball whose stitching has come unraveled.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

That is funny, I always let the jumping ones live too! Most of the others, I just can't abide. Something is very disorienting about spiders, most send chills down my spine and send me screaming for the hills.

As for the folks upset about nature pictures on this site, ATS is full of different topic categories, and this was a nice break from the heavy, heavy subjects that normally get covered here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Awesome
Very beautiful!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join