It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugs are beautiful too! (Stunning Photos)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Beautiful! I love life, and all that lives
Never underestimate an insect, they too have their role to play. Thanks for the great pictures, and a reminder of how amazing our little blue planet is.

S&F

Peace and love

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Wow, you have finally exposed what politicians really look like under their human flesh.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Beautiful!! I looked at the photos over and over and imagined what the world would look like through multi-faceted eyes......... the enormity of the visual input, in a variety of wavelengths, as well as a myriad of other chemical and physical sensing apparatus. No wonder some insects and arachnids have 'tude!

I watched just this morning, as a 1/4" orb weaver trailed its single strand of web from its primary web, and floated on the breeze until it had trailed out the strand nearly four feet to our porch. Once anchored, it then walked out about 3/4 of the way back, and started another strand. When I checked on it a few hours later, it was sitting pretty in the middle of a new array, anchored in at least three places to the porch -- the other end of the web anchored to a croton tree which was pretty active in the wind. Amazing little creatures. If they were just 500% their current size, I suspect the world would be a much, much different place. Ditto for ants. (eek!)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ewwww i dont think i can take loking at any more multi-eyed bugs anymore. Especially those spiders!

Just last weekend i watched arachnaphobia with someone who is terrified of spiders. Started freaking me out too now

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its things like these bugs that make me 100% sure there is life elsewhere in the universe. I mean these bugs are very strange looking and if you had never seen one before you would think it was an alien life form.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrothead0333
Its things like these bugs that make me 100% sure there is life elsewhere in the universe. I mean these bugs are very strange looking and if you had never seen one before you would think it was an alien life form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now wait until part two of the "disclosure" is revealed thru amazing photographs; the aliens are calling it:

the lizards.......

[edit on 29-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That ornamental spider looks like a tarantula. All the pictuers are awsome, but I don't think you will ever make me a spider lover. I especially don't like the ones that jump. It's bad enought that they have 8 legs to run with, when they start jumping, I start swatting. Actually I swat anything with 8 legs. Sorry all you arachnid lovers. May they all visit your house and not mine.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't find them too beautiful if I came face to face with one of those suckers. If those are beautiful spiders...I don't wanna know what ugly ones look like.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I never saw a spider's eyes that detailed and up-close before! Really amazing! And a picture is close enough for me,thank you!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Awesome post! Thanks for the pics.

I relocate spiders from the house (mostly), talk to the jumping spiders in the garden and love to watch the trapdoor spiders at work... I can even tolerate the wolf spiders (if you get close enough you can almost see their eyes as clearly as in the photos), but the black widows are exterminated... sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for the link... sort of. I ddn't know about acid cow so there's another lost hour today (and who knows HOW many in the future).

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Imagine if bugs were the size of us. I have a feeling we might not be around if that's the case. Or we may be flying around on the backs of dragonflies. What a weird world it would be.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
wow!

They are so cute, I want to scoop them all up and give them a cuddle!

I keep Indian stick insects and absolutely adore them

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
EEK!

You seriously need to do a Arachniphobia warning about this post-- I HATE spiders and their nasty eyes.
I am certain I will have nightmares now. But very kewl other bug pix- just hated the spiders ;p

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan of insects and spiders, but the pictures prove the beauty of everything in nature. I especially like the blue dude with the blue eyes....awesome.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
yes they're nice but i'd much rather look at a thread about our doom.
too many national geographic nature thread lately.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Any of those colorful spiders can kill a person :0.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
And people say there are no clear photos
of aliens on earth....

Lol...i fully agree with you man!!
I always think in that similar way when and each time i see insect pics.
True aliens!

Personaly i really pass on the spider ones, i suffer from severe aracnofobia!

Can't know about a spider in the same room as me or i will be running asap!

[edit on 29/4/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ok I have to say it if no one else is.
I am not trying to be rude but has anyone, other than myself, gotten the feeling that ATS (ABOVE TOP SECRET!) is becoming a little less ATS and more like a nature channel? All of these entries on pretty clouds and vibrant stories of this and that and now bugs. How is this even classified, let alone above top secret? It is just frustrating to have gotten the inside scoop for so long, waking up every morning and coming to ATS was like opening a new gift everyday........now all I get is this crap, which is more like opening a pair of socks at christmas. Let's get back to work people and stop with the beautiful world stuff.......you won't be looking at anything but a FEMA prison wall if you don't focus. All you will see there is cockroaches and millworms. If ATS keeps going in this direction, there will be nothing pretty for us to look at anymore.These types of entries just wreak of distraction.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by findlesticks
wow!

They are so cute, I want to scoop them all up and give them a cuddle!

I keep Indian stick insects and absolutely adore them

Is that a sword in your hand or are you just happy to see me??

I would die of a heart attack if I were to scoop all those spiders up and cuddle with them. That or my head would explode. That or I would spontaneously com-bust. That or the spiders would eat my eyeballs out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join