It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The *Official* RUSH Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just thought I would also add.....about the novel, Neil and Kevin have been friends for quite a while. Keven has written lots of official...authorized by LucasFilms StarWars books, and also multiple Dune books...or co-wrote them.

The novel is set to be released in September to coincide with Rush's tour. The audio only book will be "read" to you by Neil himself.

I'm still in awe...for lack of a better description at the lyrics to Clockwork Angels. Some of the best ever. EVER.

And not just from Neil. It is supposedly set to be fiction, the tale of a young man who set out to follow his dreams in a futuristic world. While on his journey he is:

caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy, with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life.

Quoted source.

However, read the lyrics to the whole album. Including the liner notes. They look awful familiar to the history of Rush, and Neils own personal life and turmoil in the late 90's with losing his wife and then only child in a very short span.

I read that Neil set out to write the absolute best lyrics for this album that he has ever written. And I personally think he accomplished that. This may even be better than 2112. Or Hemispheres.

edit on 9-7-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys and gals....

Finally getting on board and getting the new album...been on a BLS kick lately...will report back!

edit on 9-7-2012 by Signals because: classified

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Happy Rush Hashanah !!!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Figured this would be a good time to revive an oldie...

CONGRATS RUSH ON ENTERING ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME!!

They arrived as the headliner. The band drew deafening applause at Thursday's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in the Nokia Theatre.

Rush's entry into the elite institution was also a people's choice award. For the first time, fans were invited to cast votes (with their votes constituting a single ballot among the 500-plus submitted by artists, historians and music industry professionals), and Rush won handily.

Their fans packed the house, chanting for their heroes from the evening's outset, then exploding into cheers when the band finally took the stage for a paint-peeling performance of Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of Radio.

www.usatoday.com...

Foo Fighters performing 2112 -

edit on 21-4-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Dang, it's about time! I like how Alex commemorates the special occasion by just saying "blah blah blah blah blah blah". I would bet that was kind of his way of rubbing it in the faces of those who denied their induction for all those years.

Rush is my favorite band. Of course my dad introduced me to them years ago. When he died in 2004, I read Neil's "Ghost Rider". It was one of the many things which helped me through that time. Anyway, congrats to them. I still have not heard their Clockwork Angels album all the way through yet. I've only heard Caravan and BU2B.

edit on 21-4-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here is a very nice live capture of `The Garden`
Will be seeing them in June and I cant wait.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
A most unique RUSH cover band

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If you haven't seen this yet and you are a RUSH fan, here you go! Its defiantly worth reading and has some great photos also.
www2.fender.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join