It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heatwave in Austria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This should probably be in the fragile earth section - please feel free to move if that's the case.

Whilst perusing the RSOE website and looking at global events I noticed the heatwave symbol in Northern Europe.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

When you click on it a brief description comes up showing details, then click on event description (two in from the top left)

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The description relates to the Limestone Alps of North Tyrol - bizarre that they are experiencing such rapid warming of up to 4 degrees celcius per year. Why just there ?

There is also talk of 'uplift' in the brief description...

First thread folks - go easy please, have a horrible feeling the links may not work !

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This sounds a bit strange.
I tried searching around a bit, but all the Austrian newspapers with English versions just had the same report you linked to with the exact same wording.

I wonder what specific reason there is for the warming at Kalkalpen National Park, and whether this is replicated in other Alpine regions ?

I just checked the general weather in Austria, and it does seem to be rather hot in general over there at the moment.

Maybe there are some Austrian members of ATS that could shed any more light on this subject.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

join