It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP (British Petroleum) Oil Spill In Gulf Now Up To 200,000 Gallons A Day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Totally off topic but
Q What decides how much incense is there in the gold incense burner the Pope uses? and also what decides how much incense is used?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I know some who lives in that area, He called it the chemical coast before this happened, I suppose the question is would anyone notice.
all kidding aside, you are right god help us when the oil reaches the shore.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by svisioner

This is the least of everyones worries.....
Im about to make a thread that runs along side this thread and many others here on ATS.
The problem here is i will seriously need people to open their minds and think about what im about to show you from outside the box.
I will appreciate support.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
While I'm not going to dispute the potential impact, I will dispute the numbers.

CNN initially reported some 200,000 gallons of oil are leaking per day. Virtually every other news source pegs it at around 5,000 gallons per day. Still awful, but a bit shy by 195,000 gallons per day of the initial report.

Initial reports were pretty scattered, and I don't think anyone had a correct number. CNN said 200k, One Earth said a million at first, then backed down to 5k. CommonDreams stated 42k.

BP "Officially" states roughly 5,000 gallons per day. While I'm not inclined to immediately believe them, I do find it more realistic than 200,000 gallons per day.

On a side note BP was only leasing the rig, from Trans Ocean, whom owns it since it's construction by Hyundai Heavy Industries. They are paying for the spill as a result of them being the ones using it at the time.

It's not the end of the world. It's a -major- ecological concern, but this is not going to be the fiery revelations of doom.

Besides, crude oil is all natural, it's good for the planet! I kid I kid.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Check out The third trumpet and what it says?
The third angel blew his trumpet. A large star, burning like a torch, dropped from the sky and fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
"(The name of the star is bitterness)"
Now put bitterness or project bitterness in your search
www.google.co.uk... +bitterness&ei=Wh_bS8DhJ5KI0wSvu4mIBg&usg=AFQjCNHmdLk3dtH6xWxOfw9e6Soc0B4weA
Very interesting
Counter for anthrax?
could there be a terrorist threat or treatment for oil slick gone wrong?

I`ll add more when im able.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

could there be a terrorist threat or treatment for oil slick gone wrong?

I found this...

BP, the Coast Guard and the Minerals Management Service are jointly considering an experimental technique of applying an oil dispersant underwater, directly at the source of the Deepwater Horizon oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.

Industry experts and officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) have been called upon to examine whether this method of applying dispersant will be more effective in controlling the leaking oil.

If approved, it will be the first time in U.S. history that oil dispersant has been applied at the subsea source of a spill.

www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I think this is the start of catastrophes that weve never seen before, and most people in the street seem more interested in whats on telly. example; i picked up a celeb mag in the doctors and there was a feature titled something like ' what celebs are stranded abroad because of that damned volcano' says everything really doesnt it?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

5,000 barrels.

40 gallons in a barrel.

This gives 200,000 gallons.

Same figures, said differently.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I just came across this minutes ago, then something clicked.
Could this be the solution to limit the oil spreading?
I really think that if beavers are capable of this then im sure we can too. What you all say?
www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join