It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somali Pirates Say They Are Subsidiary of Goldman Sachs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
NORFOLK, VIRGINIA (The Borowitz Report) – Eleven indicted Somali pirates dropped a bombshell in a U.S. court today, revealing that their entire piracy operation is a subsidiary of banking giant Goldman Sachs.
There was an audible gasp in the courtroom when the leader of the pirates announced, “We are doing God’s work. We work for Lloyd Blankfein.”

News source.
www.borowitzreport.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There is already a thread with the same title ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

The pirate, who said he earned a bonus of $48 million in dubloons last year, elaborated on the nature of the Somalis’ work for Goldman, explaining that the pirates forcibly attacked ships that Goldman had already shorted.

That's interesting (if true) Shorting is the (highly dubious) practice of gambling that a stock will go down in value, usually they borrow shares at the higher price, use that collateral to conduct other business during the period of the loan and then hand the shares back at the lower (they hope the value will drop of course) value, the money is made in the difference.

That's my simple understanding of the practice of 'shorting' a stock - if I'm not correct someone please feel free to correct me.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Ooops sorry.
To Mod: feel free to close this.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Come on, you know this is a joke

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Come on, you know this is a joke

Yhea I just noticed from the other thread that it's from the comedy section of the Huffington post... Mind you, many a true word said in jest?

new topics

top topics

join