It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ice-Age UFO in Estonia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well well, didnt know something like that was in my "backyard". A question, for estonians, if u have then, what out of the ordinary have you seen yourselves?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeDraven
p.s. I really love the fact we have such collaboration of people helping translate, and even physically investigate this information. Adding even more credibility to my claims about the pertinence of this website in todays world.

Collaborative research can be a powerful tool if actually made use of. Im also happy about the support in this thread. Didnt know there were actually several Estonians lurking.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of the movie "Five Million Years to Earth - Quatermass and the Pit". Sounds very interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This sounds an awful lot like that movie, "Quartermass and the Pit," seen in the U.S. as "Five Million Years to Earth." Crazy artifact is found underneath a house, turns out to be a Martian spaceship filled with intelligent grasshoppers, everybody goes nuts.

It also has a nice little subplot about these grasshoppers genetically modifying ancient cavemen into modern human beings, for all you Ancient Astronauts fans.

It would be nice if this wasn't one of those "Dropa Stones" stories that turns out to be a complete fabrication and when you check out the names nobody's ever heard of them.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
There may be an extraterrestrial object buried in someones backyard since the ice-age. This piece of news has apparently not been translated into English because Im having to piece this together from other-language-sources.

The exact address of that metallic object buried deep beneath the ground would be:

Hobekuuse 34
Merivälja
Tallinn, Estonia

Marina Popovic, UFOlogist/former military pilot who also researched and published about the object.

Very interesting case Skyfloating, thanks for posting.

You are right about what you said about Marina Popovic, UFOlogist/former military pilot, I have her book “The Sovjet Dossier UFO” in Dutch in where she described that finding.

I will translate if you are interested some specific things she said about it in there and post it later.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I´m pretty sure it´s not just a hoax. There were people, researchers and high soviet miliraty persons, some even generals and they were very interested in this thing almost 10 years. This housewife said, that 2 scientist lived in one of thir rooms upstairs 2 years, room was full of equipment and they hardly ever left the room. They also payd this woman every month quite a lot of money for that time. But for some reason they never dig the object up. Maybe they were warned not to do this?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
I will translate if you are interested some specific things she said about it in there and post it later.

I´d be very interested!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Very interesting.... i'd like to know more about this find...

The problem with this type of thing is the Authorities always get told about it and therefore come to investigate and shut off the area... ok, it could be dangerous but it's a shame the people lived there couldn't dig it up themselves with some help...

Now we may never know what it is...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is midway between on and off topic. OP wanted help with translation, so here's how to do it simply.

1. Identify the domain of the page you want to translate. In this case, it was .ee
2. Identify where the .ee domain is. In this case, it was Estonia.
3. Identify the primary langauge spoken in that location. In this case, Estonian.
4. Go to translate.google.com... , paste in the page you want to translate, the beginning language and the language you want to translate into.
5. Be creative. Sentence structure will almost never be the same as what you are used to. Inverted adjectives, emphasis on different words, and other meanings. The translation is literal, keep that in mind when you view the context of the translated text. Best to keep a notepad and rewrite the areas that confuse you.
6. Have fun. Translating pages will add countless hours to your researching and open up doors to find things for yourself and ATS that you hadn't considered.

ON TOPIC: Translated Article from Original Post

It's not perfect, but it's a good starting point

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This is what I find so interesting, IF, if there are aliens, they obviously do not have weapons, if they hated the human race they could have exterminated humans thousands of years ago when there weren't as many. People who claim there are good and bad aliens obviously do not use their brains.

I would think that IF, if there are aliens, then they must have fled their planet for some reason, OR, they are so advanced and understand that extermination of any species is wrong. SO, I do not think we need to worry about them eating us or killing us off.

I think TPTB are trying to use that scenerio to induce fear, which TPTB thrive on to maintain control, and keep us in the dark while they make deals with these aliens for advanced technology to eliminate the rest of us, unbenounced to these aliens, if they do exist. Which I do believe they do but would like to meet them personally.

Now this is just MY personal feelings and thoughts on this. I think there could be a ship of some kind down there, if it crashed and had a reactor in it for propulsion, then it could be leaking radiation, or most likely is.

So where do we go from here?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by daddio]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

But of course. Your expertise has always been an asset to the UFO-Forum.

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
This is midway between on and off topic. OP wanted help with translation, so here's how to do it simply.

Very cool, thanks.

(I did use translators, thats how I gathered the info but more complicated than your description.)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, I did a google on: Tallinn, Estonia metallic object- and found the following. Now, nothing about your thinger but... it appears that the area is a very heavily UFO/Alien sighting area. Look at this one page.

www.para-web.org...

From 1938 on.... sounds to me that the area is of interest to the aliens also.

take care.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Maybe I missed this, as I didn't read all the posts, but why is it still buried? If this was the mid 80s, why is nothing more known about it nearly 30 years later?

Surely there should be xrays or something...?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Great thread!
Very Interesting Stuff.

I've never even heard of this case before but I will continue to keep myself updated through this thread. Looks like you even have some Estonians involved in the research and translation.

I do have to say that from a security standpoint, it makes perfect sense to keep this object underground as opposed to unearthing it and exposing it to prying eyes. Maybe there was a larger underground excavation done around the object than anyone is aware of.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think I found the house but not 100% sure. If you go on bing maps and put in Merivälja it will take you too Merivälja park. Go North one street which is Hobekuuse Tee. Take that to the west to the corner of Hobekusse Tee and Tuule Tee. The house with the red roof I believe is 34.

Does that look like a dug up back yard????? Sorry I would post pics but I am at work and can't

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yes, Estonia is interesting place. Someone asked personal experiences. Well, it was year 1988, when we moved to our country house near Kaiu swamp. The first thing, that happened was in our first year. My mom woke up and saw big shiny object with blue light outside and all our rooms were also full of blue light. She wanted to wake others, but didn´t, she still don´t know why. After she was in some paralysed state and saw big round blue object coming to our yard. It was like someone was checking us out after we moved there
But I must say I had serious phobia of darkness since we moved there and I slept only in the same room with mom and dad. In early 20s I had sudden flashback about some alien-looking gray beings walking around in our bedroom in the dark. One lookd my mother and others just stand there. I´m sceptical, I never say, that this happened, but it feels like real memory.
Later we saw different strange objects, little star-like ones, that stood still and then flew away with increadyble speed, one bigger bluish object and many small ones flying into it like into mothership. 1996 was incraedible year for some reason, all our family saw things, even my granny, who was 96 years old and almost blind. She was very exited one morning and said she saw large flaming fireball outside her window, which floted up and down. It´s been long time quiet now, we sometimes wonder, that where did they go so suddenly?

I know people who have gone to Kaiu swamp and spent nights there, but saw nothing special, but people who live near that area have seen objects and some even humanoids. So, if you just go there to camp you might no see anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Does that look like a dug up back yard?????

It was dug up years ago and then filled it again.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here it is.

They succeeded in sawing a piece of that object due the use of a diamond cutter or disk.

After the samples being investigated, it was determined that it contains 80% of iron and 5% of titanium and the rest some for an iron alloying typical elements like gallium, germanium, niobium, indium, thorium and silver.

The samples were not homogeneous and had different degrees of hardness range from 241 kg/m² to 1277 kg/m².

The results of the testing of those materials lead to the assumption that the alloying must be made due a technical procedure, it could not be originating from nature.

It measurements were determined to be some 50 feet to 66.6 feet in diameter and with a thickness of 10 feet to 13,3 feet in the centre which become thinner to the edges.

Sounds like a disk to me.

It was surrounded by a powerful magnetic field and lays a bit slant in the ground.

A house and the surrounding area close to its vicinity had what looked like Poltergeist like phenomenon.

It looked as if there was a sort connection between a number of deaths and that phenomenon.

It was a god forsaken place said the home-owner, and the children were scared.

She would go away if she knew where to go.

[edit on 29/4/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is crazy. Reminds me of War of the Worlds when the aliens, buried underground, all come up at once.

If it was radioactive, would they allow the people to live in the area, allow to scientists to live on site, etc? I don't think so. The deaths are probably coincidences.

As someone else said, I'm suprised the Soviets didn't seal off the area and relocate everyone. If this was that important, would they not have a)dug it up, or b) if that wasn't viable, just confiscate the land? Maybe they know exactly what it is and have come to the conclusion that it can neither hurt nor help anyone so why do anything to bring up speculationor what the object is.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

This certainly sounds like a very interesting case and yet it begs the question "If it is what we think it is, why was it not dug up and carted away long ago?" because if it is not of our world I would think the expense and effort would be well worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join