It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ice-Age UFO in Estonia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonK

Unfortunately posting times can be faked. Fortunately Google reveals that it came up 2 hours ago and this thread came up 3 hours ago.

I think its good that news about this is getting around, but its pathetic that the person in question has to fake the origin of the text and the time it was posted.

OK, back on topic.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Someone really needs to aqquire a fresh sample from this object IMO.
Maybe some uber rich honcho like Richard Branson could put up some cash to placate the locals..

Or someone could dig a tunnel to the object,from further away from the houses?

A lot of money/work I know-but think of what this could mean-It could change our perspective of history if the object turned out to be human built,or it could change our entire view on existence if it was alien.

Its win win IMO!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Definatley interesting story sky S&F. I find it a little difficult to believe however that during the Cold War the Soviet military got involved and that the craft is still there today. That would be a bigger technology coup than shooting down an SR71. I can't see them leaving it there. Even if it was radioactive there would have been acceptable losses for a recovery of such a magnitude.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

reply to post by djvexd

I dont really see it being there either anymore. Thats why Im hoping for some Estonian to drive by that address just to report whats there or whether anything was dug up. A large-scale digging operation should have been noticed by neighbours.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Long time reader, first time poster.

I found a better translation than the ohtuleht.ee site that was provided.
Sry about it being from pravda
but it seems to me that the other article was stolen from there
Oh those estonian tabloids.

translate.google.com...

from estonia, 6 miles from the place.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by allak2inud
from estonia, 6 miles from the place.

Thank you.

Do you think you could drive to that place and tell us what is there?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think i can swing by before going to work tomorrow morning (it's 7:26PM here). But i'm almost certain that the same house is still standing there.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hiya Sky, the previous Pravda link as a source has the little red alert lights flashing! Nevertheless, I found an interesting account of an Estonian myth of the 'sun falling; and being buried...Legend Of The Fall.

I searched using Saaremaa as base and it throws up plenty of myth references. Pravda have often mined myths to base their tales on. On the other hand, the myths exist so who can say? I agree, hopefully someone local will turn up some harder info.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by allak2inud
I think i can swing by before going to work tomorrow morning (it's 7:26PM here).

I think we'd all appreciate that a lot, ATS-Investigator.

In this UFO-Forum we dont have many chances to verify what is read and if the places we read about even exist.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
[Hiya Sky, the previous Pravda link as a source has the little red alert lights flashing!

Hello again Kandinsky!

Pravda picks up on all UFO-stories. Marina Popovich and the other Researchers mentioned in the OP are more solid. If Pravda were the primary source I would have never posted.

"Legend of the Fall" is seriously awesome - nice find

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
When they give you an address... Google map it!

Hope everyone can see this.

[url=

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I translated one article too now. My English is not perfect, but I hope you undesrtand. As Estonian and English grammar are essentially different, then automatic translations are not very good.
It´s quite a mysterious case. Really like a good episode from X-Files. I had already forgotten this, thanks for reminding!

Our government has never showd any interest in this case since we got independent in the year 1991. But it might be, that they are told not to show interest.
(My comments are in braces.)

m.sloleht.ee...
(You can see the place from year 2004 on the picture)

„Mystery still not solved“

Ufologist Hans Raudsik has been researched Merivälja saga over the years. He has hours of videos, what he made in Hõbekuuse street with Viivika Mitt (woman who lived in this house), who is now already dead.
The story begun in the summer 1969. Viivika and Virgo Mitt from the Hõbekuuse streat, house nr 34, decided to dig a well.
„Virgo started to dig, But when he had reached 7-8 meters, he coudln´t move along," said Hans Raudsik. „He discovered, that there was round-shaped gray metal plate. It was smooth on surface and rimose underneath. It was about 2 cm diam.“
Virgo brought pneumatic hammer to brake the plate and continue digging. He broke it some time and got it to pieces finally. There was one bucket full of pieces and it just was there a week. Noone had any interest in it.
Well got ready and Virgo buried most pieces back to the ground, but hold just one.
Virgo showd this piece to his friend, who was geologist, who gave it forvard to director of scientific institute, Viiding, where it was for years. Then one of his colleagues took it in his hand. He got electricity from it. After that they begun to studdy this more.
Viiding started to studdy this strange stone and kept diary about this for several years.
People reacted very differently, when they were holding this stone: some didn´t react at all, some got electricity, some felt warm, others felt cold.
After his studdies Viiding decided to send the piece to Russia spechial laboratory to find out is it natural metal or alloy. He sawd the piece into several smaller pieces with diamond saw and sent them in different Russian institutes.
It took time to get ansvers. It was 1982 or 1983, where amazing theories game: this is an alloy which is not possible to make in earthly conditions. At least not in USSR.
„It´s scientific fackt,“ sais Raukas, who knew Viiding personally.
Then they said to Viivika and Virgo, that they live in a very special place - under your house is something mysterious.
Since 1984, people started to came to Hõbekuuse street.
„Aleksander Dejev gave visits from Moscow. He was scientific researcher in Ministry of Defence. Another frequent visitor was Nikolai Sotševanov, geologist and minearologist. He was the one, who said, that this place is unique and this is object, that can´t be made by humans. But Estonia situated in outside border of USSR and they had to be careful to hide it from outside intelligence,“ sais Raudsik. „They thought, that the plate, what well-diger broke, was one of the protective plate for mysterious object and there are more like this one.“
Then they hired houswife as guard and no strangers were aloud to their backyard since then.
Dejev and his team decided to dig a shaft. First in the yard to get closer to object. Later they diged 12 meters under garage. Redges reached to the tops of electric posts. Then other local people started to show interest and rumor started to spread – they dig up UFO in Merivälja! USSR famous test pilot Marina Popovitš, wife of cosmonaut Popovitš, heard about UFO too and visited the place several times. She spreaded rumor about UFO in Estonia amongst Russian military and insisted, that Russians have to have it quickly and bring to Moscow to study.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Sorry, cant see it.

I google-mapped it and what I saw was...a street.
What are you seeing?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
...continued

Dejev thought, that thos object belonged to a more powerful extraterrestrial facility, which are situated in Kaiu swamp (another mysterious place in estonia, where people often see objects and experience strange things). Dejev told, that there is a place, where UFO´s start. Kaiu object was said to be big, about 70 km. Extraterrestrial forces are there and use this swamp as starting ground. Pople have seen objects flying up and down in Kaiu swamp," sais Raudsik.
(Btw, my country house is about 15 km from this swamp and we´ve seen some stuff too).
Dejev then wanted to gave Merivälja families another homes and built 4-floor underground laboratories there. With strong wall around it of course. But this didn´t happened. USSR started to collapse in 1988, Singing Revolution started in Estonia and Dejev was gone for good.
Metall pieces what had sent to Moscow once are now missing.
„One piece was sent back from Moscow in the year 1988, buts this got lost mysteriously after one lecture Viiding gave," sais Raudsik. Viiding died in 1988, month after the piece got lost.
But life of the people from Hõbekuuse street turned to hell after the shaft was digged.
„People came from everywhere, all the time. Different people came in the middle of the night and spent whole night down there. To contact with this mysterious something."
But it got very restless in house too. Something activated as soon as someone decided to continue working with this object, it was like poltergeist. „I saw chair broken to pieces,“ sais Raudsik.
Then one Estonian psychick (or I don´t know how to call him, we have many interesting and strange people here, most call them witches
) Vormsi Enn insisted, that it´s extremely important to close this shaft, because digging this thing up could put all the mankind in danger. After this they decided to close the hole.
Vorsmi Enn also buried a totem there, which he had made to reconcile the land and ask forgiveness for people for theor stupidness and evilness.
But in the year 1991 came Japan scientists and measured the place. They were last ones who studdied this object. Years later Hans Raudsik went to Moscow to find out, what plans they have with this object. Nikolai Sotševanov said, that he still has a piece of protective plate and he´s going to leave it to his son. „I think his dead now,“ said Raudsik.
It´s peaceful in Hõbekuuse street right now. Viivika Mitt´s doughter in law with her new family lives in the house.
Raudsik promised to write a book about everything that´s happened in there and it should be out soon.
But does the mystery ever reveales? Noone knows. „It could be built there very long time ago by extraterrestrials,“ thinks Raudsik.

When they started to close the shaht in November 6th 1988, some strange thing happened. After throwing first bucket of sand inside, everyone heard loud bang like explosion, they run outside, looked to the sky and there were colors blue, black and white like Estonian flag (maybe it´s a myth, I don´t know, but there were many wittnesses). They never found any source of explosion. After shaht was closed, there was a big meeting with a lot of people (it was the time Estonia started to gain independence, Singing Revolution if you´ve heard, a great times
), and then some strange man came to Raudsik and said: "Have you any idea, what you´ve done? You have done a very nobel act." And then he went away. Raudsik still doesn´t know, who this man was.
Out other ufologist and researcher of anomal things in nature sais, that there are 2 objects in Merivälja. Bigger one is ecliptic, 17x22 meters and smaller is 2x4 bomb-shaped object. Volke thinks they could be UFO-like object, that can move very fast in different environment. It could be signal generator, like light-house. If you have many advanced objects moving around in the Universe, then you need sertain navigational marks.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Amandla]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Amandla]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think now, that maybe it really is dangerous or it´s put there on purpose. We should be careful and think twice before we digg up and brake into pieces all ancient artefacts

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

Thank you, thats great. So there seem to be a lot of witnesses or neighbours who must know that there was a lot of commotion in that backyard.

The swamp-area sounds interesting too.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What if curses associated with tampering with ancient (potentially alien) artifacts, merely messes with things in the metaphysical or quantum world in a sense that it creates a bad line of events in your reality or something to that affect.

Or perhaps maybe tampering with their artifacts causes them to manipulate us from above our realm of perception, hence the weird deaths, sudden strokes, etc.

Just speculating, as always.

p.s. I really love the fact we have such collaboration of people helping translate, and even physically investigate this information. Adding even more credibility to my claims about the pertinence of this website in todays world. We're like one big team of thinkers.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by BladeDraven]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is a cool story although I find it hard to believe that the government would not have dug this thing up immediately and rolled it out of there on a truck. If this was in the US, they would pulled that thing out of the ground and made up whatever cover story they thought would do the trick.

They could have easily said that it was dangerous and even kept the neighbors happy by leaving the property in far better shape afterwards or building them better houses for their trouble. They could pull that thing out in just a couple of days with a good size crew no problem.

I would love to see this thing. Maybe Geraldo can do a special about it where he digs it up on live TV! lol

Glenn

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

Im estonian too.

So i ask in estonian: Kust sa said need tekstid? Ma tahaksin neid eesti keeles lugeda, nii lihtsam.

Aitäh.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetlife

Hi!
I sent you U2U.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeDraven
What if curses associated with tampering with ancient (potentially alien) artifacts, merely messes with things in the metaphysical or quantum world in a sense that it creates a bad line of events in your reality or something to that affect.

Maybe. You know, there are caves in Himalayan mountains, where noone can ever go, because this energy just kills you. Monks say, that there are secrets so important, than they would never tell them, even not to God
. There are probably some stuff in(side) this world we are not supposed to mess with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join