It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ice-Age UFO in Estonia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There may be an extraterrestrial object buried in someones backyard since the ice-age. This piece of news has apparently not been translated into English because Im having to piece this together from other-language-sources.

The exact address of that metallic object buried deep beneath the ground would be:

Hobekuuse 34
Merivälja
Tallinn, Estonia

The story goes that in 1984 workers were trying to excavate a well. After digging down 25 feet they struck upon an object so solid that their drill broke off. With a super-hard saw they eventually managed to break off a piece of the metal to take it to laboratories for examination.

The object was sent for testing to the Engineering University in Moscow, the Russian Institute of Aviation and the Estonian Academy of Sciences. It turned out that the object consisted of Iron, Titanium and a number of other materials and was resistant against extreme heat and acids. At different times and independently of each other, the researchers of these Institutions concluded that the piece of metal comes from an artificial object.

Geophysical research on site had a minerologists and geologists conclude that there is an object of 20 meters (60 feet) circumference beneath the ground.
The center of the Object was estimated to be 3-4 meters (11 feet) thick with lessening degrees of thickness to the sides. Supposedly magnetic anomalies have also been measured in the vicinity of the object.

Because the geological consistency of the earth above the object is Morainal, researches conclude that the Object was buried there more than 10 000 years ago.
Moraine is carried by glaciers.

Apparenty neighbours and witnesses living in the area have seen the Russian Military enter the property and take an interest in it.

Some of the names involved:

Virgo Mitt, the owner of the property died of a stroke shortly after the find became known.

Ernest Parve, the first scientist to transport a sample of the object died of unknown causes a few days after handling the sample.

Herbert Viiding, the first scientist to conclude that the object is artificial.

Enn Vels, one of the authors/researchers of the Phenomenon.

Igor Volke, another researcher/UFOlogist researching the Phenomenon.

Marina Popovic, UFOlogist/former military pilot who also researched and published about the object.

Nikolai Setchevanov, W. Kaptchaukas - two scientists involved in researching the object and the area.

Some Sources

Newspaper Article 1

Newspaper Article 2

This is being posted in the hope of getting some translation and research-help from Estonians.

____________________________________________________________---

Definitions:

Xenoarchaeology:

Xenoarchaeology is a hypothetical form of archaeology concerned with the physical remains of past (but not necessarily extinct) alien cultures. These may be found on planets or satellites, in space, the asteroid belt, planetary orbit or Lagrangian points.

SETA, is the Search for Extraterrestrial Artifacts. SETA is a Sub-Discipline of SETI.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is kinda cool...except for the poor SOB that died/was killed.

Aliens in Estonia....

THAT explains the all of the hot chicks there (Kerli,Leon, ect) !

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

yeah, smoking! too hot to handle; off the geiger counter hot, they're radioactive

it's not in pravda, so I guess that's a good sign

[edit on 29-4-2010 by reject]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I live in Estonia
. And I remember this case, I was a kid then and it was hudge, scientist from Japan even came, but unfortunately this man died, yes. I don´t have time right now, but I try to translate some more information. Maybe tonight, maybe next week. Or maybe there are other Estonians here too?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
That´s it?

I think this is something worth investigating. Is it a hoax or is it hard evidence?

A little bump to the thread 'cause I think it deserves some attention.

Good find!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

get right on it, amandla; ASAP...or I'll sic felonius on you

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by felonius

it's not in pravda, so I guess that's a good sign

lol, good one.

very interesting case.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
isotopes can quickly determine if its alien

What I like about this Case is that an actual location is provided so that anyone can just go and check.

Originally posted by Amandla
I try to translate some more information. Maybe tonight, maybe next week. Or maybe there are other Estonians here too?

If you could help, that would be nice.

Im hoping that people who live nearby show up. They could just drive over there and see whats there.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Another fascinating thread Skyfloating,sounds like an episode of the X files!

You said the location of the object suggests its been there for 10 000 years.
I wonder if there is any way to determine that for sure,as glaciers can be strange beasts.

I am thinking about the odd crashed planes which have emerged from glaciers after many years(although not 10 000!).

We should have an ATS mining department for things like this IMO.
Someone should dig this object up-alien or not,a manufactured metallic object could teach us so much.

Fascinating.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Great thread & it sounds like an exciting case! I would have never known about this, so again thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, driving over there is not that simple, the object is underground (7-8m), under some people´s backyard. I remember how this woman, who lived the house said, that she´s fed up, that over 10 years people constantly come to dig there, and not ordinary people, but scientist, military people etc. There were also rumors, that this thing has dangerous radiation, some poeple died. Now it´s been quiet and noone still don´t know, what it is exactly. I did a little research, but found couple of simple newspaper articles. I go to our country home for a weekend, maybe I´ll find some old articles there. But it seems that scientific finds are still hidden from public. Peaces of metal, that were taken to Moscow, are now "missing". Same old hiding.

I´ll update when I get more time.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

The samples went to Moscow and have gone missing???
Wow,the plot thickens!

7-8 metres is not that deep really,especially for some kinds of drill...I guess getting permission to drill would be the tough part,especially if locals feel there may be a radiation danger.

I would have thought the Estonian Government would be very interested in digging the object out though-anything metal from 10 000 years back would put their country on the map in a big way I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
Well, driving over there is not that simple, the object is underground (7-8m), under some people´s backyard. I remember how this woman, who lived the house said, that she´s fed up, that over 10 years people constantly come to dig there, and not ordinary people, but scientist, military people etc.

The reports I see are from the 80s and Id like to know what the place looks like in the year 2010, whether anyone lives there, whether any digging has gone on there, what the neighbours are saying etc.

This ATS-thread is now available on google so maybe someone will come forward with information.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
An Estonian article run through g oogle translator.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
An adress please.
Google earth is a powerfull tool..Cant see aliens though.....YET..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Only down 25 feet? It should not be that hard to excavate even in frozen ground. I would be willing to bet Its now in some version of area 51 or another.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
OP, did you just copy and paste from the site below?

www.realufos.net...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
An adress please.

The OP explicitly states the address.

Originally posted by BrandonK
OP, did you just copy and paste from the site below?

No, that site copy/pasted from me without attribution.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonK

You should of made the question more balanced:

'OP did you copy them or did they copy you?'.

Instead of pointing fingers

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I didn't actually say s/he copied. I asked if s/he copied.

Besides, I was just going by the time s/he made this thread and the time that is posted at the bottom of the article.

Anyway... back to the topic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join