It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Global Warming real ? ..... ummm .. nope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I was sent this article through a popular networking site and thought I would share it with you.

Global warming alarmist rescue

I burst out laughing at the part which says that some scientists think the polar ice caps will be completely melted by 2014.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Haha stupid people. The resuers should have left them there. I like the bit were a spokesman says they were experiencing temperatures that weren't expected with global warming. Thats because it doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How I wish I can believe you all that global warming do not exist. Where can I buy those rose tinted glasses and blinkers so I can continue blissfully with life.

Shanlung

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on how you look at it. With old Al Gore's major meltdown I think most can say not anytime soon, but with warming greater than any time in the last few 100,000 years there is truth to that. A person needs to ask why and it could be that the planet normal state is very warm and with a few mini ice ages in our past we just have not seen it, but life is being affected by it.

We had a reprieve with Mount Pinatubo and we would have had record highs right now that have been most likely pushed down the road a few decades, and with further volcanoes we even might see another mini ice age in our future. This doesn’t mean that man is not having a large impact it just means that Mother Nature has an even larger one.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A simple suggestion to the idiots that wrote the article, and to the OP.
Before you comment on Global Warming, learn the difference between weather and climate. The level of ignorance on this subject is astounding, it just MIGHT help if you had even a basic understanding of science.YA THINK?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The reason why global warming takes a second place to other discussions is because it is the poster-child of many a government. If you use some very critical reasoning here ...

This leads to a few observations:

- Geo-engineering, called 'absolute insanity" by David Suzuki, is the big answer to global warming, but it is only a masking solution since it does not actually nullify the CO2 in the atmosphere. The reverse is true, it helps cause it.

- Geo-engineering creates vast airplane traffic that adds NOx, and SO to the problem, and there is definate proof that aluminum, barium and other chemicals harmful to health are part of the problem.

- Geo-engineering was unsuccessfully lobbied as a bottom-up governance which avoided UN control, but is operating now from a nwo standpoint. The program critics are completely ineffective to alter the methods of application, or the scope.

- Obama/Bush views in mind please. Al Gore was ready and willing to put himself in the same position as them, and to be privy to, and support of, all corporate interests and shadow govt. directives he was expected to follow. It's not just speculative. No-one runs for pres or gets that opportunity without some silent backing. Let's think about that because the perks don't end after an unsuccessful office run.

- Geo-engineering is now blocking out sunlight, which, contrary to any FDA/cancer-society claims, cures cancer and promotes good health; it drops chemicals that are harmful to all life; it adds to CO2 production (one 8H trans-atlantic flight causes as much pollution as 50 cars do in their entire 12 year average lifespan); the cover prevents moisture rising which is promoting mold, fungal, and bacteria growths to survive and thrive. Morgellons. Gattii.

- The cost of these flight programs is astronomical, let alone the scientists wages, let alone the institutional costs, let alone the propegandizing to market this concept to the public. There's also the spray costs, the ongoing program documentaries, the backrubs and political favour, and all other manners of circus and parade to ensure this program stays huge, profitable, and costly.

- Dropping iron in the ocean to promote the growth of CO2 fighting organisms? Very costly still, maybe some hope, what else are they up to, could be just a money-maker yet. Ie. Do nanobots need undersea minerals depots to replicate themselves?

What happens when we point out what is missing here. Do you see much news coverage of the slash and burn policies in Indonesia where satellites and spaceflights can actually see parts of the world burning from space? No, not too much coverage. How about India's coal-burning legacies, or clamping down on factory pollutions. Where are the state controls to outlaw fossil fuels actually headed, now that the States are being manipulated behind the scenes to stage a war on Iran? The quest for oil is on-going, and the beast never tires of lusting after the worlds resources, because it wants to control mankind, and that fuels their sadist desires.

Do you think the powers that be care if the world is destroyed? No, that's merely unfortunate. They probably have a space station, ufo tech, or deep earth/sea bunkers they can retire to. Global Warming is occurring, and could pose a danger to us, true enough. Look hard at the big picture, and you will clearly see that their counter-measures are not only promoting more global warming, in a one step backwards, two steps forward manner, but that they also don't have the environment in heartfelt concern either. I suggest we tear down their poster and keep looking at the flipside.

For a lark, research as much as you can on Albert Pike. Determine if he was a likeable fellow in the process, but most of all, pick his mind and see what you think about his many ideas. I think you'll solve a few modern riddles in the process.

Gore was one of the Atari Democrats who were given this name due to their "passion for technological issues, from biomedical research and genetic engineering to the environmental impact of the "greenhouse effect."

Wikipedia

Executive Intelligence Review
Al Gore: The Most Corrupt Man Never Elected President

www.larouchepub.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanlung
How I wish I can believe you all that global warming do not exist. Where can I buy those rose tinted glasses and blinkers so I can continue blissfully with life.

Shanlung

Well the guy on the trek probably planned to open a shop at the pole, but doesn't look like thats gonna happen now does it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

A simple suggestion to the idiots that wrote the article, and to the OP.
Before you comment on Global Warming, learn the difference between weather and climate. The level of ignorance on this subject is astounding, it just MIGHT help if you had even a basic understanding of science.YA THINK?

The floor is all yours dude go ahead and explain for all us idiots.

So will the poles be melted by 2014 ?

If not, when ?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Try educating yourself!
Google it.
Learn a little, better stll learn a lot.
If you can't look into it on your own, yet feel compelled to give opinions on something you know nothing about, well then does'nt idiot sound about right?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I used to not believe in global warming. I had what I thought were very good reasons.

My brother and I were debating it one day, and it took him about 5 hours to convince me that global warming was real. All he had to do was show me the right graphs and studies. He satisfactorily answered all my questions about the affect of the sun (sunspot cycles) and all the other things I thought might be factors. And he agreed that they were, but showed me the data on how much of an impact each factor had, and I was surprised to discover that, contrary to what I had been saying for yeas, man-made CO2 really is the single biggest contributor to CO2 increase, it really is a proportionally substantial increase, and it really seems to correlate perfectly with rising temperatures.

I'm pretty sure it's real. There is a lot of evidence. I know there is a tendency to assume that every use of the Hegelian dialectic (problem-reaction-solution, for you Icke heads) involves a "created" problem. But sometimes nature provides the problems herself. TPTB have always been expert at using real problems and real setbacks as way to create a new favorable synthesis.

Personally, I think global warming is a good thing. I figure we'll lose 3-5 billion people or so over the next 50 years, what between wars and resource shortages, and civil chaos, etc., and a lot of things will change. The earth will start to recover. The oceans will slowly recover, forests will regrow, and animal populations will spread and previously isolated animal communities will be able to breed with one another again. The humanity that survives will be that much tougher, more resilient, and wiser for their experiences. The I think we'll do things a little better next time. No cities, just a rural spread with the economy concentrated on agriculture and High-Tech, with industry small and spread out, rather than concentrated. Everything is small businesses. Trades will go back to a guild system. Distributive family ownership, co-ops, and credit unions. No big banks. Local ownership, local production, local government.

...And of course, the hired guns in their armored cars to keep us all safe. Eventually they'll take over, and the rule of the psychopaths will begin anew. Sigh.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by RedBird]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by bigyin

Try educating yourself!
Google it.
Learn a little, better stll learn a lot.
If you can't look into it on your own, yet feel compelled to give opinions on something you know nothing about, well then does'nt idiot sound about right?

To the OP's defense, i'd rather be an idiot that an a-hole.

I thought the article was funny and entertaining, regardless of the scientific jargon (or lack there of). It was obviously written with entertainment purposes, almost striking on the verge of satire, however the subject matter and people mentioned are not fictitious at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I don't really know what to believe about global warming after the climate-gate emails.

After watching Lucas give this presentation I can see how global warming falls right in to place.

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How about you explain where all the northern ice is? Greenland is about all that's left. Oh and the recent archaeological finds in canada due to the fact that ice that was there for 3000 years is gone. People who perpetuate disinfo claiming global warming doesn't exist disgust me. Go ahead and stick your heads back into the sand.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm happy to accept that temperature may have been rising.

I don't accept its due to manmade co2.

I don't accept claims by scientists that polar caps will be gone by 2014 or any time soon.

I don't accept the charts and diagrams used to support the scientific claims because we now know some of them were faked.

Rising temperature can be caused by many other things outwith our control.

I do accept that temperatures may be falling again.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Originally posted by shanlung

Shanlung

Well the guy on the trek probably planned to open a shop at the pole, but doesn't look like thats gonna happen now does it.

Given what we have seen with the melting of Artic icecap that led countries in a mad scramble to claim rights on shipping lanes, on the buried oil, and on the minerals that are now accessible, do we really have that much hope?

I liken that to miners in a mine fighting and arguing who will keep the dead body of the canary for the money they think they can get from that dead body instead of finding out what killed the canary and will it kill them soon.

Dictators are still dictating and amassing incredible wealth for themselves and themselves alone as if there is no tomorrow.

Politicians go on politicking justifying themselves with money they claimed they are making for us all like above claiming shipping lanes and mineral wealth under the melting Artic ice as if there is no tomorrow.

But how long will the tomorrow last?

Have a good read of what my wife send me from Scientific American June 2009.

"The Arctic Thaw Could Make Global Warming Worse"
www.scientificamerican.com...

Then go on and live as if today and every day after that is your last day.
Go maximise your happiness and minimise the aggro to yourself and others.

When you drop off a 101 floor building, you are ok until you reach the ground.
In the meantime, we all might as well enjoy the view as best as we can and party away as much as we can as long as we had not reached the ground yet.

We all got what we deserved, for doing too little , and too late and we have only ourselves to be blamed.

Shanlung

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shanlung

Thanks for the link .... unfortunatly the site asks for payment to read the whole thing, and I'm not willing to pay, so I cant read it.

I think what its saying is that methane gas locked into the ice might escape and cause problems. Well so be it, that is not manmade, that is a natural process which we cannot control. Besides, methane is produced all the time across the planet as vegetation decays, its a natural process. As is co2 produced as we breath ... do you want everyone to stop breathing ?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
bigyin,

That was free when I read it a few months back. I guess with everyone out to get all the $$$ they can from melting icecaps, the Scientific American mustgrap their share too.

I commend your concern and desire to help by not breathing and increasing the CO2.

I think your action mattered only marginally as that tipping point has passed long before you and your likes say all this is hogwash.

Methane is 25 times more effective than CO2 as greenhouse gas.

Copenhagen would at best try to remove megatonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere.

In the meantime, that is now! , the permafrost seems not permanet anymore because of the present rising global temperature. Methane which were frozen in the permafrost is now seeping out into our air, and there are gigatonnes of that.

Methane hydrate, which remained frozen on the floor of Artic ocean from the pressure and low temperature is warming up. And bubbling upwards.

While countries screamed and grap for the shipping lanes and mineral wealth and oil there.

So do breath normally as the CO2 from you is irrelevant anymore.

Al Gore is an optimist, as he had no clue at all of this methane rising when he penned his 'Inconvenient Truth'.

Now, let me look for that rose tinted glasses and blinkers. I am off to smell roses while I still can.

Shanlung

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't know where I fall on the whole global warming/climate change debate. The Environmental Movement has been hijacked by governments and corporations out to make a buck and gain some power. As far as the data goes, I see a shift, although I'm not sure that it is man-made. The Earth has a way of correcting problems.. I'm sure it will one day correct the problem that is the human race.

As far as the PICs melting by 2014..

We need to focus more than anything at this point on taking care of the resources and finding alternatives to those resources instead of guzzling them down every chance we get. JMO though, we all have one.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join