It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldiers: the jackboots

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
signal2noise:

Probably because it's not the job of the US military to be border patrol. That's why the US has the US Border Patrol.

So you mean it is NOT the job of the US military to stop an invasion of the United States that is 500,000 strong?

interesting.

signal2noise:

Guess that insurgants haven't killed a single civilian or committed any atrocities, have they? A little research, please, and secure the BS. You failed here.

Guess what baby, WE invaded THEIR country for IMAGINARY reasons,

and THEY are the villains?

So if Russia invaded & occupied the United States, WE would be the villains for fighting back?

Wow, your so-called logic is wildly twisted.

The US military is looting the US treasury for Trillions.
Profiteering wars for trillions.
Used to hire hookers, strippers, child prostitutes, homosexual orgies & mostly to loot the US treasury while dummies like you cheer on the rape of your own nation.

The US military IS your enemy if you are a hard working taxpaying American.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I would love to come to New Zealand and talk I think that would be nice I have always wanted to go there. If I ever make it out that way I will U2U and we can talk about stuff.

As for my lash back that person you should read his post directed towards me and said that I would meet the business end of his gun. So I lashed back, it is not my style but still if someone wants to take something to that level and I can accommodate him then I will. Like a fellow military member said,

Originally posted by Noncompatible

Umm, it is usually ill advised to threaten violence against trained opposition.
They will drop you like a bad habit.
Being ex British military I will tell you that

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

The border is not being invaded by a whole country trying to take over the US so the military is not needed. That is why we have homeland security and border patrol.........

And it is NOT Iraqis fighting back for the most part you ignorant fool. They are mostly from other countries that have come to Iraq because the Americans are there. You need to do some real research or go there yourself because you have your facts twisted and have been reading way too much propaganda and BS on the internet.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
And the majority of 'insurgents' aren't Iraqis?
Reign02:

And it is NOT Iraqis fighting back for the most part you ignorant fool. They are mostly from other countries that have come to Iraq because the Americans are there.

That is nonsense. IRAQI sunnis were brought into the US fold when the Pentagon started dumping large sum payouts to locals to BUY their cooperation.

That is what quelled the violence in Anbar province.

Iraqis went to Afghanistan to train. Then they brought those techniques back to Iraq to fight the US invasion of their homeland.

One of the biggest problems in Iraq is the division of INTERNAL factions.

And BTW, WTF are you doing in Iraq?

No WMDs.
Wasn't a source of terrorism.

So what the hell is the supposed mission there?

Looting the US treasury?

Many of the Iraqis fighting you in Iraq aren't saints, many are nothing more than gangsters taking advantage of the HUGE screwup of the congress falling prey to CIA/NSA/Pentagon lies.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You work for Pentagon traitors which makes you, yourself a traitor & a terrorist.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
And the majority of 'insurgents' aren't Iraqis?
Reign02:

And it is NOT Iraqis fighting back for the most part you ignorant fool. They are mostly from other countries that have come to Iraq because the Americans are there.

That is nonsense. IRAQI sunnis were brought into the US fold when the Pentagon started dumping large sum payouts to locals to BUY their cooperation.

That is what quelled the violence in Anbar province.

Iraqis went to Afghanistan to train. Then they brought those techniques back to Iraq to fight the US invasion of their homeland.

One of the biggest problems in Iraq is the division of INTERNAL factions.

And BTW, WTF are you doing in Iraq?

No WMDs.
Wasn't a source of terrorism.

So what the hell is the supposed mission there?

Looting the US treasury?

Many of the Iraqis fighting you in Iraq aren't saints, many are nothing more than gangsters taking advantage of the HUGE screwup of the congress falling prey to CIA/NSA/Pentagon lies.

Then how come when I was in Iraq we have ID'ed terrorists as Palestinian, Paki, Iranian, Syrian, and very few Iraqis.

And Iraq DID have WMD.... Not nukes but chemical weapons WERE found

Now granted I am a soldier and I think it is stupid that we are over there but I do not make decisions on where we go, so I suck it up and do what is right, reguardless of what country I am in or what ethnicity the people we are dealing with. I treat them as I would want to be treated if someone was occupying my country. We are not all bad. Hate our government if anything but DO NOT hate the men and women that have good intentions of serving our nation and making people back home feel safer even if it doesn't directly relate to security back home.

There also was no terrorists in Iraq before we got there. Sadaam wouldn't allow them to train there. We showed up to get rid of Sadaam who was once an ally with America. Once we started owning his "army" he went and called all "terrorists" to come and fight off the infidels aka Americans.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Reign02]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You work for Pentagon traitors which makes you, yourself a traitor & a terrorist.

Please refrain from calling servicemen and women traitors and terrorists. It is highly insulting and patently untrue.
The elected officials of the nation have oversight regarding the military. You elected them, think about that. If there is any dishonor it is laid firmly at the feet of civilian authorities.
To serve ones nation is an honorable profession.

The reasons for fighting may be incorrect: Blame the policy makers.

But just remember when/if it was your life being threatened, these same servicemen and women would lay down their lives to defend your right to insult them.

Just as a small point. IF any,and when, nations are controlled by a Military Junta. You'd be dragged from your home as an undesirable and in all probability...shot.

Breathe easy in the knowledge that you can voice your vitriol without fear of official retribution simply because worthwhile human beings are prepared to defend your right to hate them.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Noncompatible]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I didn't expect to, but it seems i'm only agreeing with Kissinger on this:

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.” Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in “The Final Days” (1976)

He's still your boss, you know. CFR and all that.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So seeing that I have a masters degree in Criminal Justice I guess I am dumb huh. Seeing how I am a certified EMT I guess I am dumb also. Stop spreading the lies and propaganda. Go join a terrorists organization so I can do this world a favor and get rid of you. You hate us untill you need us. And one day my friend you will need us. I hope to god its me, so I can walk right by you and laugh and say, "I told you so"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I spent 28 years in the military and I killed no one...also do you want to compare how many people you and I saved in some way with each other? I'll start in the 10,000s that I directly help feed and provide shelter for...ok your turn.

People paint the military with too broad of a brush..every time. To the many that seem to complain like the OP I would like to know what they hell you all been doing with your lives? I would wager just living day to day, working some useless job that makes no difference in anything but brings home a paycheck, while feeling the need to complain about everything around you...how’s that for a broad brush?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
So seeing that I have a masters degree in Criminal Justice I guess I am dumb huh. Seeing how I am a certified EMT I guess I am dumb also. Stop spreading the lies and propaganda. Go join a terrorists organization so I can do this world a favor and get rid of you. You hate us untill you need us. And one day my friend you will need us. I hope to god its me, so I can walk right by you and laugh and say, "I told you so"

I've been trying really hard not to turn this into a slanging match.

I don't care about your papers, would be nice if you used tyour talents fo the huma race, instead of the pentagon. And it's not me who is saying you're dumb, it's your BOSS, ergo, you're dumb enough to keep working for a man who calls publicly you dumb, then you want to whine at me about it?
Wake up.
You include that you do what you don't like, you just shut up and do what you're told? Don't be surprised when someone calls that dumb.

Xtrozero: Im home, looking after my kids. And for that you insult me? Yeah, Haiti was just one big relief effort hey? No ulterior motives, oh no, you're just helping the poor folks who can't help themselves

The military paints themselves mate, any colour you like.

Noncompatible: Turning the blame onto the public for having been swindled is unfair. The elections were stolen, manipulated. You should know that? And still picking up a gun and following illegal, immoral and inhumane orders is treason against the human race. You should know better. Frankly, i owe nothing to you, or your servicemen for my right to say what i like. The only threat to that freedom is from people who take money and orders from you (the US). Ironic isn't it?

You don't choose to be american, you choose to be a tool of the people who have stolen america. That makes you a traitor. The people are fools, the leaders criminal, and the military keeps it going, just like that.

I read about how the vets are being messed over. I read about how good men are told to suck it up when they show signs of conscience. All this stuff goes down, and you still want to tell me it's all good and happy and it's all going to work out for the betterment of everyone.

I suppose the million dead "collateral" in iraq was worth it too?
I suppose the Pakistani villages that the drones hit was also just a small mistake?

I'm one of those who pre 91 remembers all the promises of missiles that were accurate to 5 metres. I also recall how hospitals getting hit with those missiles was just a mistake. I also recall how many mistakes you guys have made since then.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by slambam

Remember My Lai?

Captain Medina ordered Lieutenant Calley to do what he did.
Captain Medina was present at least part of the time that Lieutenant Calley was doing what he did.
Captain Medina pled the fifth, and ended up with a reprimand and eventually an honourable discharge.
Lieutenant Calley obeyed orders and was convicted of murder.

Yes. You hit the jackpot. Not everybody is so lucky.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Word
2nd Line

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Putting on a uniform doesn't make a hero.

Saddam wore a uniform.

Noriega wore a uniform.

Idi Amin wore a uniform.

Wearing a US military uniform not only doesn't make you a hero,

AND if you are looting the US treasury for a Trillion dollars for imaginary things,

You are a god damned traitor. PERIOD.

And this crap, 'i was just following orders' was the refrain from Germans working for & as NAZIs.

You bought into the treason, you are a part of the treason.

& i don't care how many military apologists want to get all ookie pookie about it.

FACTS are facts, deal with them like adults or admit you are nothing but children.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

AND if you are looting the US treasury for a Trillion dollars for imaginary things,

You are a god damned traitor. PERIOD.

Funny, when I checked my W2 this year, I didn't see any "treasury looted money" in there.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I think this original post is quite a bit misguided and ill-informed.

Do you think the most powerful country in the world should not have a military? How do you propose it defend itself, its citizens or its interests abroad? War is a fact of life, like it or not, and until a lot of things change it is necessary to have a well-trained and equipped military. They're not of much use when they've been dormant for years, either. Just look at how poorly American troops fared in the first world war for evidence of that!

And as far as these accusations of widespread thuggery and the like, it seems to me that the American military is a lot closer to being virtually handcuffed by political correctness and fear of losing "hearts and minds" while its enemies are indiscriminately doing things like using human shields, hiding weapons in hospitals and murdering civilians with terrorist tactics.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator EYD
And as far as these accusations of widespread thuggery and the like, it seems to me that the American military is a lot closer to being virtually handcuffed by political correctness and fear of losing "hearts and minds" while its enemies are indiscriminately doing things like using human shields, hiding weapons in hospitals and murdering civilians with terrorist tactics.

You're correct, but here on ATS, things like that are ignored or a quick, off the cuff excuse for the conduct of insurgents is always given.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Xtrozero: Im home, looking after my kids. And for that you insult me? Yeah, Haiti was just one big relief effort hey? No ulterior motives, oh no, you're just helping the poor folks who can't help themselves

The military paints themselves mate, any colour you like.

No insult intended as it wasn't directed towards anyone, but I wanted to show a broad brush equivalent to what we the military get from so many. Kind of sucks when you feel the need to defend your life choices doesn’t it?

Haiti? Come on give me a break....hehe If you want to talk ulterior motives go debate those voted into office, for when I air drop 20,000 pounds of food to the starving I care little about the motive, I just see people eating.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I'm one of those who pre 91 remembers all the promises of missiles that were accurate to 5 metres. I also recall how hospitals getting hit with those missiles was just a mistake. I also recall how many mistakes you guys have made since then.

I also remember seeing AAA pieces enplaced by hospitals. I wonder where all the "moral outrage" was then?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Are you talking about the military or Obama/Bush?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join