It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National I.D. card/multipass could reduce deficit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Here is my brilliant idea for you ATSers that can take a brilliant idea and ram it down a politician's throat.

The money network that is run by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, etc. is doing billions of dollars worth of transactions each day and charging 2% for each transaction. First, that 2% is being stolen from the local merchant that accepted the card for payment. Second, it is akin to counterfeiting by creating a type of money that is devaluing the currency which is supposed to be regulated by the Government only.

So, the Government should immediately introduce the national I.D. card that could also be used for electronic transactions. Tell the counterfeiting bankers to stick it where the sun don't shine. If the Government was getting the 2% fee from every transaction we could probably make some serious headway towards reducing the deficit spending. It is another tax, yes it is, but it is already being paid to the counterfeiting bankers so why not just give it over to the Government instead? It would do us a lot of good that way. We might find that our taxes could be reduced 2% in some other area, like income tax. Also, it would create a sense of compromise between Democrats and Republicans and create a new start for all the illegal immigrants who actually want to come clean and identify themselves and become proper citizens. We can still round up the felons and deport them.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Oh brilliant idea.

Give the GOVERNMENT more money (and control) for them to give bigger bailouts to the same bankers? The (US) deficit is based on military overspending. Stop that rather.

Fail.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
So in essence, a national sales tax?

Why does it always seem that the solution to government budgets is more taxes? As if the excise taxes paid by companies to the government as well as our income taxes aren't enough? Why is that? Why can't governments learn to spend within their means as I've learned?

[edit on 4/29/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
You guys are already paying this ''sales tax'' and devaluing your currency when you do.

I think you haven't thought enough about this idea. You sound like you hate government.

If the Government was getting this 2% money instantly all day every day then they may be able to run some things better and actually reduce tax in some other area.

Do you like giving the money to bankers and getting nothing in return except a devalued currency?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Dude you're missing the point.

I live in South Africa, we have a lot of problems.

The government taxes us, well to death really. The revenue collecting agency is the only facet of government that works.

They get a lot of money in, more every year. Does anything improve? No.

All that happens is that there is more money with which to propagate the (broken) status quo. In South Africa its "tendrepreneurship" where the money is routed via local municipalities to companies owned by freedom fighting comrades.

Shortage of IN flow is not one of my governments problems. Control of OUT flow is.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Actually, I don't pay this "sales tax" as I have no credit cards. So it's just a way for the government to get into the pockets of those smart enough to not live on credit.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I live in America, so I don't know about your South African problems.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Actually, I don't pay this "sales tax" as I have no credit cards. So it's just a way for the government to get into the pockets of those smart enough to not live on credit.

No you wouldn't have to. If you want to keep using cash and coin then go right ahead.

Don't be afraid, abecedarian, the perfect Government will always have cash and coin for private transactions. But still, many people use plastic cards for a majority of their transactions and those are the people that are throwing away their 2% to the bankers. Most people think of a card as secure. They fear having cash stolen.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Perhaps, but you got the same problem. I used SA because the USA is such a common target ;-)

The more they get, the more they spend on themselves. FACT.

Spend less on military, your deficit will disappear overnight.

Take back money paid to Xe et al, and you'll show a profit!!

Next step would be to reduce taxation. Giving you more money, and less dependant on the banks.

It starts with spending less on military, anything else would be wasting time.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

No. It's more like be afraid. First the Treasury department takes control over credit transactions with the mandatory ID card then that transitions to include bank accounts thus affecting debit cards then cash goes away in to a paperless monetary solution where everyone has to use the FedCard. Then as necessary, the service charge raises and ....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Uhhhh. Gee. We here in the U.S.A. actually like our superpower status. We don't want to stop spending on military. In fact, we all want more guns and tanks and ships and subs and planes and missiles and bombs. Believe it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Our money is loaned to the banks by the federal reserve, with interest, which means that the national debt is greater than the amount of money in circulation, which means we will ALWAYS be in debt. The national debt therefore is a really worthless statistic, just a symbol of our enslavement to the Rothschilds and their New World Order.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

No.

That is not part of the ultra plan. We get to keep cash and coin and private transactions. We also get to keep plastic cards. The only different is the 2% is taken away from the bankers. The Government takes over the transaction network and uses it for security identification and commerce.

You are not allowed make up stuff and add it to my ultra plan.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I believe it. I see it. You're propagating it.

Me out.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Our money is loaned to the banks by the federal reserve, with interest, which means that the national debt is greater than the amount of money in circulation, which means we will ALWAYS be in debt. The national debt therefore is a really worthless statistic, just a symbol of our enslavement to the Rothschilds and their New World Order.

You're clever. But I am not talking about the national debt. I'm only talking about the deficit, which can always be helped in order to slow inflation. We don't want to eliminate our debt. We want more. The ultra plan only helps reduce the deficit each year and at the same time keeps the bankers in check a little bit more.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think Obama is the man to bring up this issue. If the bankers are Obama's buddies then for sure they will go along with this plan. Right?

Obama could become one of the most loved President's by taking away the 2% payment and using it for deficit reduction. Call it the 2% Ultra Skim Plan.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

And credit card users don't throw away 2% to the bankers. Stores don't usually charge more for credit use, except for a few industries such as some fuel distributors therefore the cost to the purchaser is the same whether credit or cash.
On the other hand, stores lose out because they give up 2% of their sale to the CC issuers and then have to pay taxes on that sale to the government.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

...You are not allowed make up stuff and add it to my ultra plan.
Why not?

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

And credit card users don't throw away 2% to the bankers. Stores don't usually charge more for credit use, except for a few industries such as some fuel distributors therefore the cost to the purchaser is the same whether credit or cash.
On the other hand, stores lose out because they give up 2% of their sale to the CC issuers and then have to pay taxes on that sale to the government.

The store loses the 2%. You pay $1.00 for something. The store gets 98 cents and the credit card issuer and network gets 2 cents. The store always accepts an amount lower than the total because they are afraid to demand cash only. They fear that people will stop shopping at their store if they do not accept plastic cards. The store owners are coerced into accepting cards similar to the way hospitals are coerced into accepting insurance plans which pay less than the hospital bills.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It's MY ultra plan!

I have it all figured out. All that is needed is momentum to shove it down some politician's throat. Then they take it to Obama and he signs it into law.

THE 2% Ultra Skim Plan for National Security & Commerce.

It sort of reminds me of a silicon based greenback or networked silver certificate. Obama is the man to do it! He just might be powerful enough to get 'er done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join