It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man stabs 28 children at kindergarten in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

"Good is survival and bad is what threatens survival"

this is seriously.... BAD

You are assuming "more children" is good for survival, and "less children" is bad for it.

You know when you put rats in a cage, and overpopulate it, all sorts of interesting things begin to happen. Violence, infanticide, depression, all sorts of aberrant behaviors.

Maybe, and I am just playing devils advocate here, maybe "more children" is not the thing that is good for survival.

So while I would never support killing existing children as a form of population control, maybe there is something amiss with your argument. Maybe too many people competing for too few resources is causing people to lose it.

www.who.int...

The one thing they were lacking was space, a fact that became increasingly problematic as what he liked to describe as his “rat city” and “rodent utopia” teemed with animals. Unwanted social contact occurred with increasing frequency, leading to increased stress and aggression. Following the work of the physiologist, Hans Selye, it seemed that the adrenal system offered the standard binary solution: fight or flight.2 But in the sealed enclosure, flight was impossible. Violence quickly spiralled out of control. Cannibalism and infanticide followed. Males became hypersexual, pansexual and, an increasing proportion, homosexual. Calhoun called this vortex “a behavioural sink”. Their numbers fell into terminal decline and the population tailed off to extinction. At the experiments’ end, the only animals still alive had survived at an immense psychological cost: asexual and utterly withdrawn, they clustered in a vacant huddled mass. Even when reintroduced to normal rodent communities, these “socially autistic” animals remained isolated until death. In the words of one of Calhoun’s collaborators, rodent “utopia” had descended into “hell”.3

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
WTF!? This is insane! Children? What a massacre!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Heres the link to my other thread about the incident that happened today. The news is still breaking but im updating it as fast as I can.

Thread

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Looks like possibly some more concerns for children...

McNeil Product Recall

"Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) – McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children’s and Infants’ liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait...."

It involves Children's Tylenol, Motrin, and Zyrtec...

"Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient than is specified; others may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles..."

(see link for complete list)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Well you got to hand it to China. At least they fry up the bastards, thus ending their cursed gene pool for ever. Over here we just jail them for a while.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Poor children, I hope they all are able to get over this horrific experience... doubt it but I still hope.

Im writing this part for the sixth time... Because I believe he should be punished in the most severe way, but then at the same time, if they had any medical care then maybe he would have been.... saved. ?? Can't think of the right word... could have been treated??

Then for the doctor to say whether he was a risk to the public or not. Oh I don't know... :/

Very very sad

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The list of school massacres on Wikipedia gives the matter some perspective;

en.wikipedia.org...

There have been spates of attacks before, one starting Sept 2004 in Beslan closley followed by 4 in China.

More modern reports seem to feature more episodes of mental illness, whereas the earlier ones are more about rejected suitors etc.

More interestingly, the attacks cross all cultural boundaries, not just American psychos as I always had the impression most of these maniacs were. I think the rat experiment cited above explains quite a lot.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is horrific in the extreme. So many attacks on so many innocent lives!

I guess humans, like most animals, tend to despise what they have too many of. Could such behavior really be motivated by overcrowding? Seems more than coincidental that there have been so many similar attacks in so short a time. Sort of like that spate of of attacks on city buses where people were decapitating the passengers.

There are days I could go without knowing that my fellow man is capable of such atrocities.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join