It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Illusionsaregrander.....

I agree.....

I made similar points to Drew Hempel way back in the thread, without response.

Now I think this discussion is going nowhere.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Right. HUNDREDS of case studies of people living on just water or 300 calories a day by choice through bigu (Chinese for ENERGY FEAST!):

Clinical studies as well as hundreds of case reports have indicated that Yan Xin Life Science Technology has enabled human participants to live a normal life with little or no food intake for prolonged periods—a state referred to as bigu. Bigu is described in historical records as "taking in qi to avoid food," and is regarded as a special technique to achieve a long and healthy life.

Dr. Raymond Lee of San Diego State University has collaborated with the International Yan Xin Qigong Association on two very strict Bigu experiments, with twenty-four hour a day supervision. The two experiments were one month in duration and very successful. Preliminary experimental conclusions showed that during the supervised period, the average person in Bigu drank merely a half quart of plain water each day.

The qigong masters and yogi masters who have gone years -- (Autobiography of a Yogi) or 49 days with no water and no food!

Scientists are studying an 82-year-old Indian man who claims he has not eaten any food or drink for 70 years.

In an exclusive interview with India Post Shri Hira Ratan Manek said that he has not eaten food since 1995. World famous doctors, engineers, scientists etc. are engaged in studying this phenomena to find out how Manek has sustained himself only on water, and on a little tea and coffee for short duration's.

The authors review the first clinical case study on YXLST-CR, or YXLST-bigu, a 15-day, 24-hour observation in 1987 on a 21-year-old female undergoing YXLST-bigu for several months. The participant took no food or water and conducted normal physical activities. The daily records of body weight, temperature, pulse rate, blood pressure, and daily urine test results showed no abnormalities.

In Beijing, China, a seventeen year-old high school female student has been in Bigu for over six years, only drinking water.

The scientific data also clearly indicates that although the two subjects have lived 30 days with a substantially low nutrient intake and a serious negative nitrogen balance, still there are no indicators that within their bodies have occurred organic impairment. The internal environment of the subjects has also maintained a relative homeostasis and normal blood flow indexes. The biochemicall data shows that blood pH, blood sugar, blood lipids, blood serum, the immunology points and the hematological index of the subjects were within the normal scope. Hemalbumin and metabolites were all normal, with a slight increase of creatine.

You know Yan Xin, the one who was tested by china scientists who can change the structure of matter, radioactive decay rates, etc. as detailed in the scientific paper www.accessv.com...

I have personally met Ms. Ha Toi Chun, an entrepreneur from Hong Kong who came to the U.S. on business. She has fasted for six months. She studies chi gong under a master from mainland China, Chen Letian. After practicing chi gong for two weeks, she heard the master mention the meditative fasting phenomenon in chi gong, and since then she hasn't felt like eating. While Chen Letian has been teaching in San Francisco, he asked me to serve as a consultant, and I often rneet with him. Three times I had lunch wi th the two of them, ,rid we ordered many nice dishes, but she never had a bite 'f it. She would have no reason to fool me, because. she doesn't need anything from me. She told me she had a stomach disease and often suffered from headaches, insomnia, and lack of energy, but since she has been fasting, all of these Problems have disappeared, and she is feeling much better thanl before. She doesn't want to eat, but she drinks a little wvater sometimes. She has lost twenty pounds. The remarkable powers of the master Chen Letian are described more fully in chapter 11.

On October 3, 1987, Ms. Xu Xiaosheng, who had lived ir, Beijing for all of her twenty-one years, took part in a lecture with emitted chi by Yan Xin. After that, she didn't feel like eating. She didn't see anything surprising in this, because she knew it could be the meditative fasting phenomenon. She was still full of energy, so she didn't worry about it and went on for 133 days like that. During this period, she wrote the following. The smell of rice would make me feel sick to my stomach and very uncomfortable. After two hours of teaching [authors' note: perhaps she is a schoolteacher] and taking care of other tasks, I used to need a drink of water as soon as I got home, but on this day, there was no dryness, in the mouth and I didn't need water. I felt as though I didn't need any of the things to eat or drink in the world. Over the 133 days of her fasting, her weight did not go down. This does not contradict the above case of the woman who lost twenty pounds. During this type of fasting, sorne people lose weight and others do not. In order to study this phenomenon, the Human Body Science Laboratory of Beijing Teachers' College decided to follow and observe her, keeping her under observation day and night for fifteen days. it was indeed true that she ate nothing, but still had the energy and strength of a normal person.

Today, I cherish the mo­ments when Yuanming Zhang is in a par­ticularly buoyant mood, and lets his audi­ence glimpse his training at the Swallow Cliff Cave: the ritual 49-day purification fasts, feasting on the. lights of the moon and the stars, and sleep that was turned into active meditation by balancing on a bamboo pole.

Conclusion: The external Qi emitted by Qigong master Yan Xin at 7km, and 2,000 km, caused up to 12% changes in the intensity of a He-Ne laser beam. The intensity changes corresponded to a rotation of the polarization plane of the laser beam of up to 7 degrees. The result represents a new Qigong phenomenon.

In this study, experiments were designed to study whether cells in vitro can survive without commonly acknowledged essential nutrients after receiving external qi treatments from Dr. Yan Xin, a chief physician and a renowned life scientist. Results reported here indicate that mouse hybridoma cells can survive in Dulbeco’s modified Eagles medium without serum or in phosphate-buffered saline buffer without other nutrient ingredients after qi treatment. These results are the first evidence that a cellular equivalent of the human bigu phenomenon or cellular bigu phenomenon may occur.

The antitumor effects of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong (YXQ-EQ) have been widely described over the past three decades.

"'I know Giri Bala well,' Sthiti Babu told me. 'She employs a certain yoga technique which enables her to live without eating. I was her close neighbor in Nawabganj near Ichapur.1 I made it a point to watch her closely; never did I find evidence that she was taking either food or drink. My interest finally mounted so high that I approached the Maharaja of Burdwan2 and asked him to conduct an investigation. Astounded at the story, he invited her to his palace. She agreed to a test and lived for two months locked up in a small section of his home. Later she returned for a palace visit of twenty days; and then for a third test of fifteen days. The Maharaja himself told me that these three rigorous scrutinies had convinced him beyond doubt of her non-eating state.'

This ability is common knowledge in India. I myself met a man living for 10 years on one glass of milk everyday and one banana once a week, no sleeping, just sitting in lotus (Tiruvanamalai - but he left a few years ago)... amazing power he had, his eyes were so deep... only soul.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Illusionsaregrander.....

I agree.....

I made similar points to Drew Hempel way back in the thread, without response.

Now I think this discussion is going nowhere.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe/not ... you sound like you're trying to brainwash everyone into a stance, because you want to believe it so badly yourself.

Easy tiger, surely we should be giving him the benefit of the doubt before we all plough in with our own judgements. Isn't this sort of talk responsible for alot of the globes problems?

by the way i think there is a problem with ignore button. So many time i press ignore on maybe...maybe not... still everytime i get to see his useless posts in interesting threads. annoying. What is this sheep doing here anyway ?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Panminerva Med. 1994 Dec;36(4):201-5.
Pineal-hypothalamic tract mediation of picotesla magnetic fields in the treatment of neurological disorders.

Jacobson JI.

Institute of Theoretical Physics and Advanced Studies for Biophysical Research, Jupiter, FL 334377-1418, USA.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Furthermore, the evaluation of the pineal gland as an magneto-sensitive gland may help us understand fundamental conditions in magneto-receptors of biological systems in terms of their piezoelectric nature.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

ieeexplore.ieee.org... authDecision=-203

This paper appears in: Electrets, 1999. ISE 10. Proceedings. 10th International Symposium on
Publication Date: 1999
On page(s): 175 - 182

Specific examples will include piezoelectricity in a crystalline material in the pineal gland of the brain,

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Introduction to interview by Jasmuheen with Zinaida Baranova, Russian Breatharian since 2000. In English and Russian. Part 1.

Food and Fluid Free!!

www.youtube.com...

Part 2

She stopped eating in 2000. The interview is 2007.

www.gerbb.ru...

www.theshiftofconsciousness.info...

People Who Eats Sun These are a couple of interesting articles about people whose food is Sun from Russian websites, which I find extremely important (in Russian and in English). There are 30 thousands people all over the World , who doesn't eat or drink; 10000 people in Germany alone. They live on Sunshine and Evolutionary Energy for years. Especially it's popular among women. This is the way of the Future, which already started. Psychic Abilities and Health of these people increase tremendously. We don't need food and water: it makes us weak, sick, not very psychic and mentally unstable! Mental diseases are supposed to be treated this way! www.gerbb.ru... ('Sun-eaters' don't have to breathe!) Солнцееды могут и не дышать! (In the world there are people for whom longevity is not a goal in itself.) В Мире есть люди, для которых долголетие совсем не самоцель. (They are 'Sun-people', and they live without the visible aging in such a non-traditional way that it has no rational explanation.) Это дети Солнца, и живут они без видимого старения столь нетрадиционным способом, что рационального объяснения ему нет. (They are not just having a hunger srtrike - they have refused food and water forever. They are called 'Sun-eaters'.) Они не просто голодают — они навсегда отказываются от пищи и воды. Их называют солнцеедами. (The readers of the magazine do remember the woman, the resident of Krasnodar, Zinaida Baranova: we've been writing about her for 2 years in a row.) Об одной такой женщине, жительнице Краснодара Зинаиде Барановой, читатели «АиФ» наверняка помнят: мы писали о ней два года подряд. (There will be five years, since March, Zynaida did not eat or drink.) В марте исполнилось пять лет с того момента, как Зинаида Григорьевна ничего не ест и не пьёт. ("How does she manage?" letters with such questions coming to the editorial office is not a rarity.) «Как она там, ещё держится?» — письма, с такими вопросами в редакции, не редкость. (I am alive and healthy and feel magnificently! Nothing special happened to me this year.) "Жива-здорова и великолепно себя чувствую, — отвечает солнцеедка. — Ничего особенного за этот год со мной не произошло." ("I have been giving lectures in different regions.") Ездила по регионам с лекциями. (Zinaida Baranova is still refusing medical examinations: " I have no time to sit somewhere locked up." (meaning Russian medical facilities, reminding jails, LM). Зинаида Баранова по-прежнему отказывается от медицинских обследований: «На то, чтобы сидеть где-то взаперти, у меня просто нет времени. (I have no need to prove anything to anybody!) Да я никому ничего доказывать и не собираюсь. (It's up to you to believe me or not.) Хотите — верьте, хотите — нет. (I fully understand the skepticism of many people, but I have more important goals in my life instead of dissuading people!) "Я вполне понимаю скепсис многих людей, но у меня в жизни есть задачи поважнее, чем разубеждать их". (According to Zinaida Baranova, she feeds on the energy of the Sun, or, as it is called - Penetrating Evolutionary Energy.) По словам Барановой, питается она энергией Солнца или, как её ещё называют: просачивающейся Эволюционной Энергией. (Тhe energy is synthesizing everything necessary for life of the cells of the body.) Якобы эта энергия и синтезирует в клетках тела все необходимые для жизнедеятельности вещества. (Despite the fact that the woman doesn't eat or drink, she goes to the toilet every day.) Несмотря на то что женщина ничего не ест и не пьет, в туалет она ходит ежедневно. ("Byproduct" of the Evolutionary Energy - a bit of dark, orangy colored urine, three times less than an average person has and a rare mucous discharge from the intestine.) "Побочный продукт" Эволюционной Энергии — немного мочи темно-оранжевого цвета (раза в три меньше, чем у обычного человека) и редкие слизистые выделения из кишечника. (There are about 30 thousands Sun-eaters in the World.) В мире насчитывается около 30 тыс. таких людей. (A physician, psycho-physiologist Alexander Kliuev does't consider this phenomenon as fantastic: "The ability to eat penetrating Evolutionary Energy without receiving physical food is the result of a radical transformation of the physiological processes at the cellular level.) Врач-психофизиолог Александр Клюев не видит в этом феномене ничего фантастического: «Возможность питаться нисходящей Энергией и, как следствие, существования без приема физической пищи — результат радикальной трансформации физиологических процессов на клеточном уровне. (Retaining of the metabolism (exchange of substances) in Zinaida Baranova's body tells us that nature does not have established laws claimed by orthodox (modern) scientists.) Сохранение метаболизма (обмена веществ) в теле Барановой говорит о том, что в природе не существует, как утверждают ученые-ортодоксы, раз и навсегда установленных законов. (This woman moved to a different level of existence - the classical medicine is unable to register this.) Эта женщина перешла на иной уровень существования — классическая медицина зафиксировать его не в состоянии. (The physical body itself gained a new physiology; updated cells operate in a different energy exchange environment.) Само физическое тело обрело новую физиологию, обновленные клетки функционируют в иной энергообменной среде. (As a result, all the physiological and biochemical standards adopted by the medical society are collapsing.) В результате рушатся все физиологические и биохимические нормы, принятые в медицине. (Zinaida Baranova, gradually moving to "pranic food" (this way the lifestyle of Sun-eaters is called too), she got rid of diseases such as ischemia, tachycardia, angina and radiculitis.) Зинаида Баранова, постепенно перейдя на «праническое питание» (так еще называют образ жизни солнцеедов), навсегда избавилась от таких болезней, как ишемия, тахикардия, стенокардия и радикулит. ("This is not surprising" - said Alexander Kliuev:"In fact the cause of all bodily ailments is just our inability to grasp Penetrating Evolutionary Energy (because we stuff ourselves with food and drink: it's a vicious circle, LM)." «Это неудивительно, — считает Александр Клюев, — "Bедь причиной всех телесных недугов является как раз наша неспособность усвоить нисходящую Энергию". (And this is despite the fact that it (The Evolutionery Energy) is trying to penetrate us with all its Might.) И это при том, что она всеми правдами и неправдами пытается в нас проникнуть. (Sometimes it (the Evolutionary Energy) succeeds, but we are not capable to fully use it (the food and drink is on the way, LM): that is causing psychological and somatic diseases.) Временами это ей удается, однако мы не в состоянии ее полностью усвоить — отсюда психические и соматические заболевания. (I think in the future, living without food and fluid intake will be an ordinary business.) Я думаю в будущем, проживание без приема пищи и жидкости станет обычным делом. (If this Energy is "fully" working (an example of Zinaida Baranova shows that it is possible), then it will not only supply the organism with "food", but also fully replace our oxygen intake.") Если Энергия будет работать «по полной программе» (а на примере Барановой видно, что это возможно), то она сможет не только обеспечить организм «пищей», но и полностью заменит нам кислородное дыхание».

[edit on 1-5-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
www.inlightimes.com...

www.youtube.com...

Peter & Tricia Davey from England, U.K. have not needed to eat to live since March 2000, because they are sustained by God’s life-force, prana. In a recent interview, the couple answered some of the most frequently asked questions that come up in their workshops.

. We had both been pursuing our own paths of spiritual growth for a long time, before we met in 1993, and consequently had been vegetarian for about 20 years before becoming vegan. And then in 1999, we met Jasmuheen, an Australian lady who has been living on Light since 1993, and she was an inspiration to us.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I think the exact same "pride and ego" argument could be made against those who are fans of the idea of inedia.

You studied the "mystical game" and now you think you can distinguish between legitimate mystics and charlatans via the interweb? C'mon.

Mysticism be an older practice than western science, but fraud is the oldest practice of all.

To your first point, sure.
To your 2nd, no need to use quotations as I never said that and would prefer it not be attributed to me...
To your 3rd, sure.

I never even said I believed this is real. But I'm not so high on my own pride and ego that I will claim to know that ABSOLUTELY is or ABSOLUTELY is not real.

Since when did humans lose the ability to say "I don't know?"

Are we really going to sit on our expensive computers in our western culture with our western clothing, western faiths, western medicine, and pretend to know the secrets of the Yogis? Seems more absurd than the idea that there are higher levels of conciousness (brain wave frequency) that the boob-tube bred and raised Christians in the west could never appreciate and will never know about.

I know conventional wisdom says you need food every X days and water every Y days or you'll die but conventional wisdom also said the world was flat .. at one time... as it also said Earth was the center of the Universe. Conventional wisdom said African Americans were 2/3 of a human being, at one time. Conventional wisdom also said we should hunt down and kill witches... How'd all that turn out? Do you see the point I'm making? Conventional wisdom =/= truth.

Maybe I didn't bring this message with sunshine and flowers but the message is still the same.

An open mind doesn't mean open your mind up to receive information through your filters.....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here's another Breatharian seminar -- 2008.

www.youtube.com...

Breatharian meditation.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Slow down drew, you've posted up a lot of good evidence... don't go overload or it'll be in vein. I highly doubt that someone who has made up their mind already is going to read through or watch one video, let alone 50 of 'em.

But good stuff for sure... a lot of respect for providing some alternative information for some... helluva lot better than saying "I just do not believe it, and won't... even if the doctor says so"

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

I'm in love with Jasmuheen!! haha.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If it is true go on lad but to me i cant believe this why as it taken so long for him to say something think about it .

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Even if he is telling the truth, they will say he is a fraud. There's no way a government entity is going to say to it's people "hey, you don't need food or water anymore, we'll tell you how."

They will keep any knowledge they gain to themselves.

Now I see it as quite the opposite. I imagine that there are dozens of nations out there that would love to use such an ability to mitigate the famine in their countries. The government doesn't need to provide safe water or food if it's citizens' don't need it. I'd like that math if I were a government official. But then, I think the man is probably a charlatan and there is little to be gleaned here in the way of progress.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I see that the claims of the magnetic properties of the pineal gland are still being supported by claims of piezoelectric effects of microscopic crystals in the pineal gland.

One article talks about picoteslas. There are 100 million picoTeslas in 1 Gauss. The earth's magnetic field is around 1/2 gauss. Therefore, the pineal gland has small pieces in it that can be around 1/(50 million) of the strength of the earth's magnetic field.

Not much there. Pineal gland and EMF - BUSTED.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
this is abolutely possible.
2 anyone says it aint.
animals can aborbe food through their skin so can humans thats a fact. so wat is food its energy wright but if it doesbn go throug ur stomach u would poop or piss it out 2.so thea are absorbing energy through hands feet and head not the mouth look it jup invasiuon immortal technigue its a fact . imnot saing u vcan go without solid food 4 70 years but why not?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's an excerpt of a conversation between Sri Aurobindo and one of his follower that could shed some light:

Sri Aurobindo: The reason why he is not getting knowledge, probably, is that his mind is active. So long as the mind is active higher Knowledge cannot come. He can get mental knowledge, of course.

Ask him to make his mind passive and open to the higher Knowledge. Let him stop the egoistic activity in his mind. When I ask him to be passive I do not mean that he should repress the thoughts that come to his mind; he should rather separate himself as the mental Purusha and watch the thoughts as happening in him, but not as his. He has to watch them and reject those that are to be rejected...

Real passivity is openness to the Higher Force...

Amen.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
this dude has taken 70 years to come out to the world about this hes a fake sorry to say think about it

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Observations say his farts do indeed stink! However no practical use has been found for them....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So is this guy still not eating and drinking since being under observation? The thread seems to have veered a little and I'm not reading through 17 pages.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by supyo
So is this guy still not eating and drinking since being under observation? The thread seems to have veered a little and I'm not reading through 17 pages.

This is a report by the Indian Rationalist Association

"The Indian Rationalist Association has criticized the Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) and America's National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for promoting gullibility and undermining the development of scientific temper in India.

"The Indian Ministry of Defence and the NASA have obviously been taken in by the absurd claims of a village fraud," wrote Sanal Edamaruku, Secretary General of the Indian Rationalist Association, in a letter to the Indian Defence Minister George Fernandes. "It is shocking to see that government officials and scientists are so gullible to believe that a human being can survive 60 years without food and water! The claim does not only contradict experience and common sense, but also our well-established biological and medical knowledge about the functioning of the human body. It is absolutely impossible that it is true - if it was, it would disprove the laws of physiology and we would have to rewrite our scientific text books!"

www.rationalistinternational.net...

This report will show you that this story is a load of crap!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join