It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi, everybody, I am from Hong Kong and new in this forum although I have been reading your great works for well over a year. This time I just can't help registering in and posting the links below for your reference on this subject.
To simplify from the Chinese descriptin, it talks about the same old Indian man in 2003, firstly published by the China-forbidding Falun Dafa Association. By then they had invited the old man to hospital upon research purpose but saying that he had not eaten for 68 years. Seven years later the similar context and purpose appear again, however, in western media first and the no-eating period extends a bit to 70 years. It makes me wonder a lot and could that be something arranged?
Link to 2003 report:
www.twbbs.net.tw...
Link to repeated posting in 2006:
qe.qe.cn...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sorry for repeating, still not well-versed of the usage.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by AutumnYama]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Well at least you shared one interesting tidbit on this thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I read a book many years ago, i'm pretty sure it's called "Modern Primitives", and in it is a section about Fakir Musafar, and he's practised many tribal rituals/ piercings etc. He noted some fakir's did not urinate for days, and found out they had taken a vow of celibacy and practised penis lengthening techniques (adding weights) until the penis was unable to function sexually (anything over 12" if i remember correctly, Fakir Musafar tried it!). They would wrap their penis' in a turban and then wrap it around their waist, and not need to urinate for a number of days, apparently, if not more than a week, I'm not really sure exactly how long (long time since i read the book), but Fakir Musafar says this is true, and I think he is a pretty straight forward genuine guy.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
reply to post by polarwarrior

he's getting prana directly from ether dimension.

this needs a very very very high level of consciousness though. the goddess he speaks about is an entity from that ether world (someone that went maha samadhi i would guess, but haven't explored that realm enough)

it is pure ignorance to dismiss this story. This ability is common knowledge in India. I myself met a man living for 10 years on one glass of milk everyday and one banana once a week, no sleeping, just sitting in lotus (Tiruvanamalai - but he left a few years ago)... amazing power he had, his eyes were so deep... only soul.

Sweet!!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This guy would probably die as soon as he starts to eat and drink. His stomach would be the size of a peanut and he will drown because his cells cannot deal with so much h2o.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
reply to post by polarwarrior

he's getting prana directly from ether dimension.

this needs a very very very high level of consciousness though. the goddess he speaks about is an entity from that ether world (someone that went maha samadhi i would guess, but haven't explored that realm enough)

it is pure ignorance to dismiss this story. This ability is common knowledge in India. I myself met a man living for 10 years on one glass of milk everyday and one banana once a week, no sleeping, just sitting in lotus (Tiruvanamalai - but he left a few years ago)... amazing power he had, his eyes were so deep... only soul.

Sweet!!

Crap!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

www.youtube.com...

Eating crap or eating dead bodies?

remnantradio.org...

Cow products made from dung and urine (known as goratna) have seen an enormous boost in popularity lately. You can get lotions, potions and pills, some of which are cure-alls that battle everything from constipation, to irregular periods, to hysteria, to cancer, and much more. In addition to medicines, the goratna products range from cow dung toothpaste, to detergents, a skin-whitening cream, baldness and obesity cures, soap and a cow urine “antiseptic aftershave.” How about "cow-dung toothpaste"?

thesop.org...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

I was referring to your previous posts. IMHO they are borderline delusional and lack any or all scientific proof. You're littering this thread with quantity and not quality posts. I won't be feeding trolls, so have a good life.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I doubt you understand the word transducer.

Yes the "Sonotrode Cavitator" is really the secret for going without food and water -- you need sound and piezoelectric transduction. This can be done by sitting in full lotus and meditating. Or you can build on for nuclear transmutation:

files.splinder.com...

The invention relates to an apparatus and a process for the production of neutrons in doses which are not dangerous for living beings, starting from stable elements by means of insonation or sonication using an electromechanical transducer, called a sonotrode-cavitator, characterized in that said electromechanical transducer comprises a stack of piezoelectric elements mechanically connected to a sonotrode of such a size as to operate at its own resonance frequency as a function of the electrical activation energy applied to said piezoelectric elements. The process is conducted in the liquid phase, preferably in the presence of iron ions at atmospheric pressure in an open environment to make the bubbles naturally present in the liquid phase implode.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have to say again! This is truly amazing for the whole world.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

Yeah it's even cooler than the "Man on Wire" documentary:

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I was wondering how he got the cables across these vast distances!

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

In order to pass the cable across the void, Petit and his crew had settled on using a bow and arrow. They first shot across a fishing line, and then passed larger and larger ropes across the space between the towers until they were able to pass the 450-pound steel cable across. Two cavalettis (guy lines) anchored to other points on the roof were used to stabilize the cable and keep the swaying of the wire to a minimum.[2]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
After watching the video does anyone doubt for a minute that this guy is actually drinking some of the water he is pouring over his head as he bathes?

I know the so called scientists said that they monitored the water use, but then they show him drying off with a towel. Did they measure the weight of the towel before and after he bathed? It didn't look to scientific to me. He is pouring water over his head and it is splashing around everywhere.

I bet that beard of his could hold a good bit of moisture it he didn't take the time to dry it off.

Ten days without food is nothing special. As long as he has access to the amount of water shown on the video his claims should be rejected.

www.youtube.com...

Right they measured the weight of the water before and after and it's the same -- so that should rule out any use of water from the towel.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
drew hempel, from 2 of the authors of your paper on pineal gland crystals.

They managed to publish at an IEEE journal.

Calcite microcrystals in the pineal gland of the human brain: Second harmonic generators and possible piezoelectric transducers

IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Volume: 11 Issue: 2 Pages: 203-209 Published: APR 2004

Abstract

A new form of biomineralization in the pineal gland of the human brain has been studied. It consists of small crystals that are less than 20 μm in length and that are completely distinct from the often-observed mulberry-type hydroxyapatite concretions. Cubic, hexagonal and cylindrical morphologies have been identified using scanning electron microscopy. Energy dispersive spectroscopy, selected-area electron diffraction and near infrared Raman spectroscopy established that the crystals were calcite. Experiments at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF) to study the biomineralization showed the presence of sulfur originating from both heteropolysaccharides and amino acids. Other studies at the ESRF furnished information on the complex texture crystallization of the calcite. With the exception of the otoconia structure of the inner ear, this is the only known non-pathological occurrence of calcite in the human body. The calcite microcrystals are believed to be responsible for the previously observed second harmonic generation in pineal tissue sections. There is a strong possibility that the complex twinned structure of the crystals may lower their symmetry and permit the existence of a piezoelectric effect.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Right on!

The truth exists for those who have an open mind.

Fear causes both the mind and the sphincter to shrink.

haha.

And so all those who have said I'm a liar can now play their lyres in peace.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by jjjtir

Right on!

The truth exists for those who have an open mind.

Fear causes both the mind and the sphincter to shrink.

haha.

And so all those who have said I'm a liar can now play their lyres in peace.

Okay, i know i'm taking the "bait", but someone needs to wipe your smugness away, lol, but you really do need to read the stuff you post as evidence correctly,

Look jjjtir's post proves nothing also, and I will prove to you why, the last paragraph says it all, I will show you how to understand the English language correctly,

The calcite microcrystals "are believed to be" -(No factual proof!) responsible for the previously observed second harmonic generation in pineal tissue sections. "There is a strong possibility" - (again.. No factual proof!) that the complex twinned structure of the crystals "may lower" - (again.. No factual proof!) their symmetry and permit the existence of a piezoelectric effect.

There I think I have CLEARLY shown you where this statement fails scientifically..... as practically all the evidence stated by you does! Three phrases kill this statement "are believed to be", "There is a strong possibility", and "may lower"..... do you see now?

I hope this advances your understanding of language and reading to the next level......... reality!

I really am out of here this time, but you really do need to read the information and understand it correctly in order to process, rationalize and come to logical conclusions, otherwise it's all just pure fantasy and you will get shot down in flames. Just trying to be helpful,

may the force (if there is one....lol) be with you

Peace

Bye

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Look.....my problem with this one is that I've been in the medical game for a long time & I flat out don't believe this is possible.

If you can provide me with peer reviewed literature to back this story up, I'll have a look at it.

Until then, it's a hoax.

I've got all kinds of peer review journals from Pfizer you can read lol

Peer review means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Surely you've considered the possibility that what you were taught about "the medical game" could be wrong?

You're displaying a much larger human dilemma... pride and ego. You studied "the medical game," so you now have the ability to diagnose Yogis (older practice than modern medicine) via the interweb? C'mon...

Western medicine =/= eastern mysticism

I'd prefer the 2nd anyway... far as I can tell, with either one I'm still going to die....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
(No factual proof!) (again.. No factual proof!) No factual proof!)

www.sciencedirect.com... canchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1318841231&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=5e10be1c5d3fee88442ad93257be455b< br />

Second harmonic generation (SHG) measurements showed that pineal tissues contained noncentrosymmetric crystals, thus proving the presence of piezoelectricity.

Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics
Volume 41, Issue 2, December 1996, Pages 191-195

Piezoelectricity in the human pineal gland Purchase the full-text article References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article. Sidney B. Langa, Corresponding Author Contact Information, Andrew A. Marinob, Garry Berkovicc, Marjorie Fowlerd and Kenneth D. Abreoe aDepartment of Chemical Engineering, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, 84105 Beer Sheva, Israel bDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery and Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, LSU Medical Center, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA cDepartment of Materials and Interfaces, Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel dDepartment of Pathology, LSU Medical Center, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA eDepartment of Medicine, Nephrology Section, LSU Medical Center, Shreveport, LA 71103, USA Received 7 July 1996; accepted 16 August 1996. Available online 5 February 1999. Abstract Melatonin secretion by the pineal gland has been reported to be affected by exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs). In an initial investigation to determine if calcifications commonly found in the pineal gland could respond to EMFs by a transducer mechanism, studies were conducted to ascertain if pineal tissues were piezoelectric. Second harmonic generation (SHG) measurements showed that pineal tissues contained noncentrosymmetric crystals, thus proving the presence of piezoelectricity. Both mulberry-like and faceted crystalline calcifications were observed by scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Some of the calcifications had compositions similar to that of hydroxyapatite; others contained a high concentration of aluminum.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

You're displaying a much larger human dilemma... pride and ego. You studied "the medical game," so you now have the ability to diagnose Yogis (older practice than modern medicine) via the interweb? C'mon...

I think the exact same "pride and ego" argument could be made against those who are fans of the idea of inedia.

You studied the "mystical game" and now you think you can distinguish between legitimate mystics and charlatans via the interweb? C'mon.

Mysticism be an older practice than western science, but fraud is the oldest practice of all.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Hey if you think it's fraud why not go 8 days on half glass of water?

I did it! No hunger. No thirst!

Oh yeah -- there is a reality out there not yet discovered by Western science:

alchemy via yoga.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You are not claiming to have gone 60-70 years without food or water Drew.

I personally would not try to go 8 days without food unless I was stranded somewhere and had no choice. I would be not be pulling spirits out of people, I would be hallucinating. And grouchy as all hell when lucid.

Edit to add,

I am not against the idea that there may be ways to do with less food, or to be less uncomfortable fasting for periods. What I disbelieve is the idea that people can go indefinitely without food, existing on air, sunshine, prana or qi alone. That, I do not believe, and will not believe until someone can show some good solid evidence of it by going for longer than the known upper limits of fasting and surviving.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join