It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by drew hempel

Let's rewind here and see where things got lost.

You made reference to the following:
External Qigong for Chronic Pain, Results from a Randomized Controlled Clinical Study Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD, Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP

Utilizing Spring Forest Qigong as a Self-Directed Treatment for Chronic Pain & Emotional Distress Jane F. Coleman, R.N., PhD Professor Emerita, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN

You claimed that "Chunyi Lin works with the top hospital in the world"

His name does not appear as an author.

Right -- "works with" -- does not limit yourself to being coauthor.

Chunyi Lin is COAUTHOR of the Mayo Clinic's medical textbook with Dr. Nisha Manek:

www.springforestqigong.com...

He is coauthor of a #1 Amazon.com bestseller, Born A Healer, and coauthor with Dr. Nisha Manek of the Mayo Clinic of a chapter on qigong in the recently-released Textbook of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I replied that these were poster session presentations, not papers.

I looked up the studies and these are titles of poster presentations at a conference. Please do not confuse these with peer reviewed studies. A poster session presentation is not the same as a completed study or a study has been through a formal review.

Your reply was the following which was said in a rather snide manner. That was uncalled for.

Actually the studies are BOTH presented in a conference and published in a peer-reviewed journal. Yes it's possible to do both -- amazingly.

I dismissed your snide remarks and asked

Actually you are again into misrepresentations. If someone is a test subject it does not mean that the person worked with the Mayo clinic. It means they were tested. You claim that tests were published in peer reviewed journals. All I found were poster sessions. Can you provide the journal citations?

Right these are two different subjects:

Chunyi Lin working with the Mayo Clinic after he went 49 days without food, water and sleep through qigongmaster.com...

AND

Papers published in a peer reviewed journal and presented a bigu (going without food and water) conference.

Yes I've given the links now 4 times -- to the journal those papers were published in AND the conference they were presented at.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Since you have not answered the questions and reverted to spamming the thread, it has become fairly obvious that you have lied about everything you stated in the thread that I asked about. To lie or to make up silly tales as you go along, it's the same thing.

You lied about the peer reviewed articles.
You lied about the magnetic properties of the pineal gland.
You lied about the EMF in people.
You lied about the water synthesis in humans.

I really think you can do better than that. Next time try being truthful. It's easier and you'll feel better afterward.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Drew, I dont think you get the point. 15 days is impressive, I did not see how she was supervised. And I am looking to find your 30 day study, you have posted a lot of links, and I may have missed that one.

YES I'll be happy to review my posts for you to find the relevant one again.

Hold on while I assist you in your remedial reading abilities:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

homepages.ihug.co.nz...

Dr. Raymond Lee of San Diego State University has collaborated with the International Yan Xin Qigong Association on two very strict Bigu experiments, with twenty-four hour a day supervision. The two experiments were one month in duration and very successful.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Since you have not answered the questions

In fact I've been answering questions almost non stop for many hours.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You lied about the peer reviewed articles.
You lied about the magnetic properties of the pineal gland.
You lied about the EMF in people.
You lied about the water synthesis in humans.

Maybe if you provide some quote or reference about me lying then we can have a discussion about it.

I lied four times about the peer reviewed articles, about the magnetic properties of the pineal gland and about EMF in people and about water synthesis in humans? Provide some evidence please. I'll be more than happy to consider some evidence.

Thanks for your cooperation.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

It's easier and you'll feel better afterward.

I feel fantastic!!

Telling the truth is easier! I totally agree.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

"He states he has a good eye for finding new science.... strange? Maybe or maybe not. "... no this is a very strange statement.

Your reply to my post is nothing more than a selective statement to one point, while ignoring all other points, but yet bombarding me with masses of unfounded literature.

Read it again and point out the facts where I am going wrong...lol

"Can you see the problem with the summary of a paper which you have presented as "Proof" of your theories.

"the author (who, although he has done no lab research of his own yet in this field,"........ discredited straight away, no research by himself, so he is printing articles about things people have told him,

"has had an excellent track record for 50 years in spotting valid new science", what a very strange statement to make, "has come to the following conclusions", these are "his" thoughts on the subject.. not fact! Peace "

Your proof in this case is nothing more than an article of someone's beliefs who has also done no research! Can't you see the flaws? This would not stand up in a court of Law as there is no foundation for your evidence, only printed hearsay by someone who has done no factual research.

This is nonsense

Peace to you all

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Drew, I believe you believe. 30 days is nothing to sneeze at with only some water and juice. I fasted once for three days and I took in anything drinkable, veggie juice, apple juice, etc., and I still thought I was starving to death. But again there seems to be little more than claims there, no real evidence in scientific terms.

Lets just see how this new study of the man in India plays out. I am very interested to see how it pans out and for them to publish the details on how they conducted the study.

If he indeed is in the hands of scientists, and not enablers, we should have a more definitive answer soon.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

"Can you see the problem with the summary of a paper which you have presented as "Proof" of your theories.

Au contraire!!

Where did I post Rustom Roy as a summary of a paper for proof of my theories?

Show me a quote of me presenting Rustom Roy!

I responded to YOU bringing up Rustom Roy.

I presented his JOURNAL.

I presented a conference he organized.

Show me what paper of his I referred to besides the papers I posted in response to you bringing up Rustom Roy.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Right normal fasting will make you die.

First you have to activate the tummo or kundalini or jing -- just below and behind the navel.

So the belly gets really hot and then you are not hungry.

If you're not hungry and full of bliss why ruin it with food?

So you continue meditating and then the electromagnetic fields increase.

The best practice to do this is called the "small universe" or 'Microcosmic orbit" -- it's the subject matter of 'Taoist Yoga; Alchemy and Immortality"

[snip]

O.K. so here is an ancient text that tells how how to go without food and water.

Now let's say you want to find out how to go without food and water?

Of course you try out the above book -- that's just common sense.

give it a go -- see what happens.

First No salt in your diet.

Second practice the meditation about 6 hours a day.

Third celibacy.

Etc. After about 3 months then you do not need food and water.

Anyone can get started on this training -- this is the best tool:

www.springforestqigong.com...

For the beginning results of this "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" practice read this online book:

www.scribd.com...

Just keep in mind the ancients of India had many amazing technologies:

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Our number system comes from India!

Amazing architecture, sculpture, civil engineering, etc.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by drew hempel]

removed broken link - stretching page

[edit on 1/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

"And then I give the CONFERENCE link:

www.wholepersonhealing.org...

AND LO!!!!!

The conference link lists the peer reviewed studies!!

Papers by Rustum Roy et al. * “Science and Whole Person Medicine: Enormous Potential in a New Relationship,” Bulletin of Science, Technology, & Society 22[5]: 374-390 (October 2002) * “The Bigu Phenomenon: An Introduction,” Bulletin of Science, Technology, & Society 22[5]: 391 (October 2002) Related Works, by Xin Yan et al. * Studies on the Fundamental Theory of Bigu (Food Abstinence)—Preliminary Experimental Observations of Cellular Bigu, Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, Vol. 22, No. 5, October 2002, 392-396 * Homeostasis Is Maintained in Yan Xin Life Science Technology-Optimized Caloric Restriction: Physiological and Biochemical Studies, Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, Vol. 22, No. 5, October 2002, 397-402 * External Qi of Yan Xin Life Science Technology Can Revive or Suppress Enzyme Activity of Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase, Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, Vol. 22, No. 5, October 2002, 403-4"

THERE BUSTED YOU CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE POSTING AND I SERIOUSLY DOUBT YOU HAVE READ EVEN HALF OF THIS STUFF YOU ARE TRYING TO SHOVE DOWN OUR THROATS, I HAVE READ SOME OF THESE LINKS AND ALL FAIL TO GIVE PROOF POSITIVE OF JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU SAY!

U R SPAMMING THIS THREAD WITH UNFOUNDED NONSENSE

PEACE

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Well I would certainly be willing to try it, but I may not be the best study participant. I just ate two pieces of jelly toast knowing full well I am on a diet to lose the 10 lbs I gained this winter.

I can give up a lot of things, celibacy? No problem. No alcohol? No TV? No movies? No internet? Fine. Bring it on. But start messing with my lunch and it gets ugly.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

But start messing with my lunch and it gets ugly.

Exactly!

I was vegetarian for 10 years more or less strictly. Then I did the Taoist Yoga training -- I took classes from Chunyi Lin springforestqigong.com...

When Chunyi Lin enters the room there is a strong electromagnetic field!!

So I followed the Taoist Yoga diet -- no salt!!

I took Braggs soy sauce which is sodium but no chloride.

Chloride is a negative ion.

Anyway then I entered the bigu state and I went 8 days on just half a glass of water.

By then my energy was so strong I did an amazing healing of my mom. I also accidentally pulled this old lady's spirit out of the top of her skull -- without touching her! I also had telepathy, telekinesis and precognition. I also saw dead spirits.

Meanwhile the people around me started freaking out -- from the strong electromagnetic fields. I was doing spirit exorcism!

The room was spinning around me when I sat in full lotus.

So I stopped practicing. I ate whatever food because my mom freaked out and thought I was hallucinating so I ate a bunch of food in front of her to get her to stop screaming -- she was screaming worse than ever before. In fact I was doing a spirit exorcism of her!! I still healed her of a serious leg illness so she no longer needed surgical stockings.

That was ten years ago. Chunyi Lin said I should have called him instead of getting too excited and too afraid when I got to that stage of practice.

I "fell back into worldliness" as Master Nan, Huai-chin explains in his books -- it's very rare for a modern meditator to achieve nirvikalpa samadhi.

Still Chunyi Lin touched my forehead as he does in Level 3 and the middle of my brain was permanently magnetized!

Right now I can "flex" my pineal gland. I still do healing. I still have to be extremely careful about my diet.

But fasting -- I did a few three day fasts after my 8 day fast.

One of my 3 day fasts I also had no hunger -- and this was because I sat in full lotus all the time -- in public -- and there's a secret about this. Again it's due to the sexual energy of females. haha.

So that's a deeper level of secrecy -- it's why these teachings remain secret because they're too taboo to talk about.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

"And then I give the CONFERENCE link:

www.wholepersonhealing.org...

AND LO!!!!!

The conference link lists the peer reviewed studies!!

Of course the conference link gives the peer reviewed studies!!

That's what I've said from the beginning:

there's the conference.

There's the papers presented at the conference.

Those SAME papers are published in a peer reviewed journal.

Here's the journal for you (which I posted several times already on this thread):

Key Words: bigu • Yan Xin • Yan Xin Life Science • Technology • qi • cellular bigu Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, Vol. 22, No. 5, 392-396 (2002) DOI: 10.1177/027046702236892

Clinical studies as well as hundreds of case reports have indicated that Yan Xin Life Science Technology has enabled human participants to live a normal life with little or no food intake for prolonged periods—a state referred to as bigu. Bigu is described in historical records as "taking in qi to avoid food," and is regarded as a special technique to achieve a long and healthy life.

bst.sagepub.com...

bst.sagepub.com...

bst.sagepub.com...

bst.sagepub.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I simply do not believe that this story is true. It is physically impossible, and he showed signs of weight loss when tested before. BS

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree. - Charles Baudelaire, 1821-1867

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's probably a good idea to consider the city this hermit, who claims to go without food and water, comes from:

Ahemdabad has a severe crisis for lack of food and water.

People wait in line all day to get water:

www.youtube.com...

There's no toilet sanitation at all and disease is rampant.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You asked me

"Where did I post Rustom Roy as a summary of a paper for proof of my theories?

Show me a quote of me presenting Rustom Roy! "

Then I showed you, spouting links to the above, then you say

"Of course the conference link gives the peer reviewed studies!!

That's what I've said from the beginning: "

You have spouted ridiculous claims without any "real" evidence and only cite unfounded sources as your "proof Positive"

I find your reference to "remedial reading" extremely arrogant and only you seem to think you are on a higher plane of understanding than everyone else, well I hope the councelling goes well, and when you do realise that Indian Fakirs and most "Holy Men", are FAKES and FRAUDS I hope you don't bump yourself too hard when you come back down to earth, 'cos the real world will jump up to bite you in the ass one day!

Due to your personal attacks and childish mockery directed at myself and others here who cannot believe your unfounded statements either, and your incomprehensible ability not to answer questions, but pile on a load of web links really does show to me you don't really have a good grasp or understanding of the very thing you are trying to defend! Pathetic really.

Your evidence is without foundation....period!

Don't bother giving me a large list of weblinks to try to defend yourself, I have wasted enough of my life looking at your links thus far, it's a waste of time, WHEN YOU PROVE TO ME THAT WE CAN ARTIFICIALLY CREATE WATER ELECTROMAGNETICALLY WITH OUR BRAINS FROM THE ATMOSPHERE! Then I'll believe you, until then your evidence is unfounded!

I looked into your claims because your claims are so "out there", I wanted to find out for myself, I am quite a spiritual person and not "unopen" to "new" ideas, but you cannot provide me this evidence, you think you can, but read the numerous links on your posts, you really are stomping on your own feet!

Back to the original story

THIS MAN HAS NOT SURVIVED FOR 70 YEARS WITH NO FOOD AND WATER, HE IS A LIAR AND A FRAUD AND SO ARE THE "MEDICAL" PEOPLE WHO VERIFY HIS CLAIMS! AND TO ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THIS CRAP, DO YOU KNOW THAT GULLIBLE IS THE ONLY WORD NOT IN THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY (LOL...JOKING PEOPLE)

THIS STORY IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH "HITLER FOUND ON MOON" STORIES!

I'm done here,

Boomshanker! (lol)

Respect

Peace

love

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join