It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Did they do a scan of his stomach? Surely they could tell if he has ingested food in the last 70 years? The stomach shrinks and expands with food intake does it not? He should have a very different body chemistry and lack all kinds of vitamins and minerals unless he absorbs those through his skin as well.

Ararisq.....

They state the following:

"USG Abdomen 12.11.03: No significant abnormality detected"

I note:

- Ultrasound is not an ideal modality for imaging the stomach

- There is no mention of stomach imaging on the MRI or CT reports

- For detailed stomach imaging, you need to ingest an appropriate contrast media, which the subject would not do

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Anything is possible. Anything at all. And that's not being sarcastic, that's a statement of faith. Not religious faith, but pure faith. I truly believe this. The means by which the 'impossible' is made possible is altogether different.

Anyone who ever says something is absolutely impossible without examining all of the evidence is a complete moron. Anyone who examines the evidence and still says it is impossible is at least an educated moron. But anyone resorting to "it's impossible", especially right off the cuff, has a closed mind and probably isn't even willing to expand their knowledge or faith.

By the way, if this story turns out to be true, I could see McDonalds in India having a s**t-fit.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
After watching the video does anyone doubt for a minute that this guy is actually drinking some of the water he is pouring over his head as he bathes?

I know the so called scientists said that they monitored the water use, but then they show him drying off with a towel. Did they measure the weight of the towel before and after he bathed? It didn't look to scientific to me. He is pouring water over his head and it is splashing around everywhere.

I bet that beard of his could hold a good bit of moisture it he didn't take the time to dry it off.

Ten days without food is nothing special. As long as he has access to the amount of water shown on the video his claims should be rejected.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Actually the studies are BOTH presented in a conference and published in a peer-reviewed journal. Yes it's possible to do both -- amazingly. After such an amazing feat of both publishing in a peer-reviewed journal and presenting at a conference you'd think some dude from India would claim he went without food and water for 70 years! haha.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Anything is possible. Anything at all. And that's not being sarcastic, that's a statement of faith. Not religious faith, but pure faith. I truly believe this. The means by which the 'impossible' is made possible is altogether different.

Anyone who ever says something is absolutely impossible without examining all of the evidence is a complete moron. Anyone who examines the evidence and still says it is impossible is at least an educated moron. But anyone resorting to "it's impossible", especially right off the cuff, has a closed mind and probably isn't even willing to expand their knowledge or faith.

By the way, if this story turns out to be true, I could see McDonalds in India having a s**t-fit.

Is it possible for humans to breathe underwater and live at the bottom of the sea, without any breathing apparatus of any sort? er no!
Is it possible to run straight through a solid brick wall? - er no!
Can we survive eating a diet of hot molten lava? - er no!
Can anyone stick their head in a food blender, then rebuild it and attach it to back to their bodies? - er no!
(and if anyone here says they can ..... bullsh*t!)

Facts are facts.... u can't deny them

Many things are "impossible", it's pretty obvious your point is flawed

peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Uh, it's pretty obvious you're as closed minded as they come. You're thinking of the here and now. I'll answer your simple questions:

Q: Is it possible for humans to breathe underwater and live at the bottom of the sea, without any breathing apparatus of any sort?

A: One day, this may be possible.

Q: Is it possible to run straight through a solid brick wall?

A: Are you sure that no one can do it? Just because YOU can't do it and you've never seen it being done doesn't mean it cannot be done. I've never seen a million dollars, but I'm pretty sure it exists.

And again, this may one day be possible with technology.

Q: Can we survive eating a diet of hot molten lava?

A: One day this may be possible, though it would think it would give horrible gas.

Q: Can anyone stick their head in a food blender, then rebuild it and attach it to back to their bodies?

A: Not right now with current medical science, but people have survived amazingly horrendous injuries against all medical doctor's explanations. You've never heard of medical miracles?

My point isn't flawed at all. You just haven't learned to believe in anything but what your senses show you. You have a brain (I think). Try using it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Right the use of that article.

What I suggest is NEVER -- EVER -- don't even think about it -- what ever you do -- don't ever use the internet to search for piezoelectric transduction of the pineal gland.

Because you might find something. And even more importantly avoid all science journal searches of this "piezoelectric pineal gland transduction" -- Science Citation Index --

DON'T DO IT!!!

I repeat RESIST ALL EFFORTS AT INVESTIGATING THE POSSIBILITY

that in fact an electromagnetic field which shows pineal gland pressure transduction is

NOT THE SAME as piezoelectric pineal gland transduction creating an electromagnetic field.

No -- to be honest - the two are opposites yet complementary opposites. Maybe something to do with Faraday or Maxwell...?

Still insist that this is not possible.

Now only empirical evidence is proof -- no deductions are allowed!! Not in science (well maybe U.S. science) -- but not British science!! haha. I'm invoking the whole tectonic plate debate which of course is related to the piezoelectric transduction debate.

But I digress..... or maybe not?

Still again DO NOT SEARCH THIS FIELD OF STUDY..

I REPEAT -- YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.

SIT ON YOUR HAUNCHES!!

WAIT UNTIL A COMMODITY IS PRODUCED!!!

ONLY WHEN A REPEATABLE EXPERIMENT THAT YIELDS A MASS PRODUCED COMMODITY WILL SCIENCE BE VERIFIED!!

HOLD FAST TO YOUR MALL SCIENCE MODE OF METHODOLOGY.

Well some of us might stray.... we

might us the internet to search this topic.

We might even post such studies.

Of course to do so would violate the boundaries of self-censorship in the name of Orwellian truth.

Still such heterodoxy does exist....

For example -- let's say I actually do search this topic of piezoelectric pineal gland transduction on the internet.

Let's just hypothesize. Keep in mind I would never ever FATHOM SUCH A VIOLATION OF THE CHURCH OF MALL SCIENCE!!

NO NEVER WOULD I!!!

Ah look what I found when I searched this subject -- not only my own blog but alas -- this SCIENCE STUDY -- apparently unrelated (or not?)

content.karger.com...

External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong Induces Apoptosis and Inhibits Migration and Invasion of Estrogen-Independent Breast Cancer Cells Through Suppression of Akt/NF-ĸB Signaling Xin Yan1,2, Hua Shen2, Hongjian Jiang3, Dan Hu4, Chengsheng Zhang5, Jun Wang2, Xinqi Wu3,4 1Chongqing Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chongqing, 2New Medical Science Research Institute, New York, 3Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 4Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 5McMaster University, Hamilton

Damn I can't read the actually study -- MUST BE A SHAM THEN!!

BECAUSE I AND ONLY IIIIII AM THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!

BUA HA HAHAHA!!

The antitumor effects of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong (YXQ-EQ) have been widely described over the past three decades.

My GOD LORD HOW CAN SUCH A CLAIM BE MADE IN WHAT?

INTERNATIONAL journal....

Oh is that it? Those pesky international scientists.

DAMN THEM -- crashing down on Western myopic delusions!!

[edit on 30-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Uh, it's pretty obvious you're as closed minded as they come. You're thinking of the here and now. I'll answer your simple questions:

Q: Is it possible for humans to breathe underwater and live at the bottom of the sea, without any breathing apparatus of any sort?

A: One day, this may be possible.

Q: Is it possible to run straight through a solid brick wall?

A: Are you sure that no one can do it? Just because YOU can't do it and you've never seen it being done doesn't mean it cannot be done. I've never seen a million dollars, but I'm pretty sure it exists.

And again, this may one day be possible with technology.

Q: Can we survive eating a diet of hot molten lava?

A: One day this may be possible, though it would think it would give horrible gas.

Q: Can anyone stick their head in a food blender, then rebuild it and attach it to back to their bodies?

A: Not right now with current medical science, but people have survived amazingly horrendous injuries against all medical doctor's explanations. You've never heard of medical miracles?

My point isn't flawed at all. You just haven't learned to believe in anything but what your senses show you. You have a brain (I think). Try using it.

Ha Ha, your answers are hilarious, especially

..........great stuff, thanks

peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

HA! -- yes it's not only possible but reported in Chinese meditation books -- just read Master Nan, Huai-chin.

Or -- alternatively DON'T --

Don't read Master Nan, Huai-chin.

Nope: Read Charles Luk -- all of his books!!

Or DON'T -- no PRETEND THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET DOES NOT EXIST!!

haha. Ah the beauty and elegance of ignorance.

If I ignore something - if I stick my head in the sand -- then it doesn't exist!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Pineal gland electromagnetic transduction:

www.ursi.org...

We report here the presence of a new form of mineral deposits in the pineal gland. The calcite microcrystals would have piezoelectric properties with excitability in the frequency range of mobile communications. Their interaction with GSM waves could constitute a new mechanism of electromecano-transduction on the pinealocyte membrane, influencing by the fact the melatonin production. The RF-EMF electrical component interaction with the crystals could induce a morphological modification of the crystals, a vibration depending on the EMF frequency. This morphological change, even tiny, could involve a modification of their cellular environment, by a localized modification of the cellular membrane of related cells. The membrane changes could alter the adrenergic suggested and/or calcium channel function. A similar mechanism of magneto-transduction was revealed by Kirschvink in connection with magnetite crystals of the brain and their interaction with the magnetic component of RF-EMF [15]. Pinealocyte can "communicate" through their gap junction [16, 17]. The deformation caused by the crystal vibrations could thus by simple activation of one or two pinealocytes, activate a whole area of pineal cells and thereby act on the pineal physiology.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
pubs.acs.org...

The piezoelectric effect has been studied in wet and dry human bones using a piezoresponse force microscope (PFM). It allowed to measure piezoelectric response with nanometer scale resolution directly in a collagen matrix and to obtain a piezoresponse image near the Haversian channel. Dielectric response and dc conductivity have been measured. Theoretical calculations taking into account the inhomogeneity of the electric field under the PFM tip apex and its screening in highly conductive bone samples were performed for obtaining the piezoelectric coefficient in the bone collagen.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

HA! -- yes it's not only possible but reported in Chinese meditation books -- just read Master Nan, Huai-chin.

If I ignore something - if I stick my head in the sand -- then it doesn't exist!!

Do you really believe everything you read?

Master mumbo jumbo said it so it must be true! Trickery fraud and lies are rife among the human population! Gullibility is also rife too!

Blind Faith is really blind ignorance.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Right if I don't meet your individual special needs then it's not true! haha.

Yes the only universe that exists is that which is spoon fed into your brain.

If I introduce a topic yet you steadfastly and most reassured LY REFUSE TO INVESTIGATE -- then

VOILA! The universe doesn't exist -- MAGICALLY YOUR HEAD STILL REMAINS IN THE MALL BEGGING FOR THE ULTIMATE COMMODITY TO BE

presented to you!

NO -- don't lift a finger!

No -- wait -- I'll take care of your special needs for you!

No -- it's not necessary -- don't activate your neurons!!

Please -- let me do the research for you!

Because again -- if I don't present it to you on a silver platter then your head doesn't exist!

Right -- or was that John the Baptist and not Jesus?

You're not John the baptist? haha.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Drew hempel.....

Surely you can see that:

1. It's not possible to live without eating or drinking

2. The people involved stand to benefit from the publicity & attention & possible the resulting money, thereby providing motivation to perpetuate this hoax

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

Do you really believe everything you read?

Master mumbo jumbo said it so it must be true! Trickery fraud and lies are rife among the human population! Gullibility is also rife too!

Blind Faith is really blind ignorance.

Peace

Oh believe! what vast preponderance of ignorance do you take me for?

Did not I already explain I finished my masters degree by training with a qigong master verified by the top hospital in the world?

Ah how I pity the vast pool of black tubs of ignorance -- which includes me as well by the way:

YES TAOIST OR CH'AN (buddhist and taoism combined) MASTERS OF CHINA CAN SEE INSIDE THEIR OWN BODIES!!!

www.nonduality.com...

Believe -- do you call 8 days on half a glass of water belief?

haha - NO I followed the Charles Luk book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality to a TEE!!!

NO SALT!! Small universe practice several hours a day -- and also taking classes - getting

energy transmissions!! from qigong master Chunyi Lin springforestqigong.com...

So you question the belief - just come to Minnesota and take a class and

my friend!

Your questions will be answered.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Drew hempel.....

Surely you can see that:

1. It's not possible to live without eating or drinking

2. The people involved stand to benefit from the publicity & attention & possible the resulting money, thereby providing motivation to perpetuate this hoax

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

BEN STILLER WANNA A BE

SURELY YOU CAN SEE THAT A NONWESTERN WORKS WITH THE MAYO CLINIC AFTER HE

WENT 49 DAYS WITHOUT WATER, FOOD AND SLEEP!!

springforestqigong.com...

I WENT 8 days on half a glass of water!!

I know exactly how this stuff works.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Right if I don't meet your individual special needs then it's not true! haha.

Yes the only universe that exists is that which is spoon fed into your brain.

If I introduce a topic yet you steadfastly and most reassured LY REFUSE TO INVESTIGATE -- then

VOILA! The universe doesn't exist -- MAGICALLY YOUR HEAD STILL REMAINS IN THE MALL BEGGING FOR THE ULTIMATE COMMODITY TO BE

presented to you!

NO -- don't lift a finger!

No -- wait -- I'll take care of your special needs for you!

No -- it's not necessary -- don't activate your neurons!!

Please -- let me do the research for you!

Because again -- if I don't present it to you on a silver platter then your head doesn't exist!

Right -- or was that John the Baptist and not Jesus?

You're not John the baptist? haha.

Unfortunately I did follow up some of your links, and found a lot of unproven posts with no real evidence to back them up! My job includes detailed factual research for printing companies, I have to "prove" things are "fact" before they get printed, and have the evidence to back these "facts" otherwise the printers are in deep crap! It's my job, but unfortunately I can't find "facts" with virtually all your evidence of making water electromagnetically, creating water with your brain, living off solar energy,.. etc...etc!

No I'm not John the Baptist, I'm SPARTACUS! Ha...

Personal attacks are not my thing, arguing facts and finding out the truth is.......... if only to save the gullible in society!

We must protect those that cannot protect themselves!

peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Drew hempel.....

SURELY YOU CAN SEE THAT A NONWESTERN WORKS WITH THE MAYO CLINIC AFTER HE WENT 49 DAYS WITHOUT WATER, FOOD AND SLEEP!!

Can you provide peer reviewed medical papers about that?

I WENT 8 days on half a glass of water!!
I know exactly how this stuff works.

8 days is just a little bit different to 70 years.

Out of interest, can you provide proof that you survived for 8 days on "half a glass of water"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Actually I can't find any evidence of being published in a peer reviewed journal. You gave no indication of the journals so why don't you tell us. My gut instinct is that you'd have given the journal citation if you had one.

A poster presentation at a conference is nice. It's a chance to get feedback.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

OK. I read the article. The article and nothing else is the source of my comment. You are starting to sound like someone that got caught telling a huge lie. So why don't you tell me what the article you linked to has anything to do with your claims.

edit: I read the rest of your rant and I need to amend by post by stating you were caught in a HUGE lie using that article. I think it is reasonable to assume that you have never read the article and have no idea what was in the article.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by stereologist]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join