It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seeing as how what this guy says is physically impossible, I would suggest that he like many hundreds of others who make equally ludicrous claims, is nothing more than a charlatan out to fleece gullible morons of their hard earned cash. Any claim that he has been 'verified' by any reputable third party are obvious falsehoods. Please don't waste bandwidth for obvious rubbish like this.

I realise of course that the vast majority of members of ATS have the critical thinking abilities and educational standards of a dead badger, but really, a man who hasn't eaten for years ? Please...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People, especially in the west, have no clue on some of the abilities a few men and women are able to do.

For example, I remember the story of a guy called the Iceman. He's a yoga master who has spent a little over a decade working on a special meditation.

Most people don't know this, but the Inuits and other natives of subarctic territory have lower body temperatures than other people. This is because after dozens of generations living there, they start to change physically.

Iceman tried to emulate this. He spent over a decade spending several hours a day in nothing but sandals, shorts and a t shirt, meditating in subarctic conditions.

He's been tested in university settings, doctors and machines next to him. They submerged the guy in ice cold water full of ice. Any normal human would go into shock in 5 - 10 minutes, would be hyperventilating, shivering, their heart rate lowering, and their body temperature falling. None of that happened. He was only in swimming trunks, and had no temperature change, no heart rate change, no shock, no nothing.

That right there is proof enough that western science can't explain all phenomenon and that it often overlooks things. Not to say I believe this mans story, as it is an amazing one, but it certainly may be possible. It's a lot harder to test though.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesUK

Again Chunyi Lin went 49 days without food and without water and without sleep! He sat in full lotus in a cave in China -- and now Chunyi Lin works with the top hospital in the world -- the Mayo Clinic.

springforestqigong.com... Chunyi Lin is

coauthor with Dr. Nisha Manek of the Mayo Clinic of a chapter on qigong in the recently-released Textbook of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition.

Two new research studies, one by doctors at the Mayo Clinic, have found Spring Forest Qigong techniques effective in relieving Chronic Pain. A brief synopsis of each study is below. The studies are soon to be published. We will provide complete information as soon as it becomes available. External Qigong for Chronic Pain, Results from a Randomized Controlled Clinical Study Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD, Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Objective: Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external Qigong [Spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain. Conclusions: Subjects with chronic pain who received external Qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each Qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain in the majority of subjects. Utilizing Spring Forest Qigong as a Self-Directed Treatment for Chronic Pain & Emotional Distress Jane F. Coleman, R.N., PhD Professor Emerita, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN Study Findings: There was a significant decrease in the perception of physical pain and emotional distress for the majority of participants during the study timeframe. Also, symptom variables (sleep, concentration, decision-making, appetite, loss of interest) improved in the majority of subjects. Conclusion: Both the active exercise and meditative aspects of Spring Forest Qigong proved to be effective self-care modalities for persons with perceived chronic physical pain and/or emotional distress. Subjects demonstrated significant improvement both anecdotally and statistically during the study period.

Chunyi Lin did his 49 day cave meditaiton without food and without water and without sleep here: qigongmaster.com...

qigongmaster.com...

Today, I cherish the mo­ments when Yuanming Zhang is in a par­ticularly buoyant mood, and lets his audi­ence glimpse his training at the Swallow Cliff Cave: the ritual 49-day purification fasts, feasting on the. lights of the moon and the stars, and sleep that was turned into active meditation by balancing on a bamboo pole.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

No, its not harder to test. It is remarkably easy to test.

You take said non eating and drinking person, you isolate them, from everyone and anyone who might help them defraud you. (Including people with doctorates who have an agenda and try to prove this phenomenon is real.) Once the non eating non drinking human is isolated completely and utterly from all other humans, you film them. When the non eating non drinking human drops dead, in a month or three, you admit that humans need food and water.

The ability to tolerate cold and use biofeedback to raise the body temperature is completely different from the ability to take in no food and water while expending energy to breathe and live.

We know animals can live in arctic conditions. We have no proof that anything we call an animal, including humans, can live without food and water.

These people are not examples of higher consciousness. They are the lowest forms of consciousness, as they are defrauding and lying to make themselves look higher, more spiritual, and special.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Studies on the Fundamental Theory of Bigu (Food Abstinence)—Preliminary Experimental Observations of Cellular Bigu

bst.sagepub.com...

Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, Vol. 22, No. 5, 392-396 (2002)
DOI: 10.1177/027046702236892

Xin Yan

Chongqing Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine/New Medicine Science Research Institute

Alexis Traynor-Kaplan

School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego

Hongmei Li

UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas

Jun Wang

New Medicine Science Research Institute

Hua Shen

New Medicine Science Research Institute

Zhen-Qin Xia

School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego

Clinical studies as well as hundreds of case reports have indicated that Yan Xin Life Science Technology has enabled human participants to live a normal life with little or no food intake for prolonged periods—a state referred to as bigu.

In this study, experiments were designed to study whether cells in vitro can survive without commonly acknowledged essential nutrients after receiving external qi treatments from Dr. Yan Xin, a chief physician and a renowned life scientist. Results reported here indicate that mouse hybridoma cells can survive in Dulbeco’s modified Eagles medium without serum or in phosphate-buffered saline buffer without other nutrient ingredients after qi treatment. These results are the first evidence that a cellular equivalent of the human bigu phenomenon or cellular bigu phenomenon may occur.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

bst.sagepub.com...

Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, Vol. 22, No. 5, 397-402 (2002)
DOI: 10.1177/027046702236893

The authors review the first clinical case study on YXLST-CR, or YXLST-bigu, a 15-day, 24-hour observation in 1987 on a 21-year-old female undergoing YXLST-bigu for several months. The participant took no food or water and conducted normal physical activities. The daily records of body weight, temperature, pulse rate, blood pressure, and daily urine test results showed no abnormalities.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lets lock him in a padded room for 2 months and see if he is hungry (dead) after that, life force smife force; my butt.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by djmolecular

This is really no different than cold fusion -- in fact that's exactly how bigu or "energy feasting" works!

www.electricpolitics.com...

newnuclear.splinder.com...

It's activated by ultrasound cavitation.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

And not ONE mention of such a fundamental discovery in any other science publication.

I am not a subscriber to Sage, so I cannot even read how the study was done, who verified it, if it was peer reviewed, etc.

I know some will say that the fact that no western scientists are studying this is a conspiracy. However, the idea that caloric restriction and fasting are good for the health and longevity IS recognized by western medicine, and they ARE researching it.

en.wikipedia.org...

But there is a big difference between caloric restriction and NO food, NO water for 60-70 years.

No one using good, sound, peer reviewed methods has found any evidence that people can go indefinitely without eating.

It is well documented that animals can go for extended periods without food and water if they are also not expending the usual amount of energy. (Hibernation, some deep meditation) This is different, however, than the idea that someone is having prana poured into them to sustain them. Someone who was "feeding off" prana should not need to be very, very still to make it for a certain period of time.

Nor should they be losing weight while they are studied, no matter how poorly controlled their environments are. Because that is another dead giveaway, even in India, under the supervision of sympathetic doctors who allow lots of people to have access to these frauds, they still lose weight when observed.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In addition to saying he hasn't eaten in 70 years, he claims to be an excellent C++ and Java programmer. He claims to have excellent experience in the IT industry. His resume lists over 30 IT certifications.

He would like to obtain an H1B visa, move to the US and be a programmer in Silicon Valley.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Very interesting, but who did the study, what were the circumstances, and how was it verified. I already note just from that clip that she was observed for 15 days going about normal activities, but the claim is she didnt eat for months. How you do get from 15 days to months without observation? Was she allowed contact with people who could bring her food and water?

Its just an unverified claim as presented. I hate to be a hard ass, but science has standards, this doesnt meet them.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesUK
I realise of course that the vast majority of members of ATS have the critical thinking abilities and educational standards of a dead badger

What a prick, if thats what you think then dont use the site

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I looked up the studies and these are titles of pposter presentations at a conference. Please do not confuse these with peer reviewed studies. A poster session presentation is not the same as a completed study or a study has been through a formal review.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

You think that we will see more of this kind of thing in the future?

The military is taking this dude seriously.
(And of course they want to unravel his brain and use what they find to KILL people more efficiently . How Ironic.)

It seems an awful lot like Robert Anton Wilson's...

Jumping Jesus Phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

No, its not harder to test. It is remarkably easy to test.

Besides the little tidbit where the isolation would need to last at the very least 3 months.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The existence of piezoelectric crystals in the pineal gland does not mean that the pineal gland can be magnetized. It also does not mean that the voltage potentials actually exist. What the article tries to do is to see if an applied voltage causes a strain on the observed crystals. This is not the same as straining the crystals to cause a potential across the crystals. The use of this article as evidence is a misrepresentation of the subject matter for the purposes of claiming that magnetism or an EMF is generated in the pineal gland.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

O.K. the pineal gland is a piezoelectric transducer and it creates reverse electrolysis.

This is not true. The evidence you provided does not support this claim.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Can you point us to anything else about this claim. I'd like to see any evidence at all that some groups of people have lower body temperatures - as a group, not as individuals. I would think that someone living in cold climates would have a higher average body temperature, but that's just my guess. That would afford better protection to the extremities in colder weather.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

jjjtir.....

Once again, I always appreciate your approach to these interesting medical discussions.

I reviewed the material in question.

The material presented is not in the form of a peer reviewed study that has been presented by a prestigious institution that I trust.

I have seen many instances of medical reports being twisted to accommodate positions & conclusions for the purpose of deriving benefits for those Drs & other people using that info.

Therefore I don't see why this report could not be of a similar nature.

I must also say the mention of a documented "19 kg" weight loss during one of the fasts certainly sets off a few alarm bells.

So, my conclusion remains the same.....it's a hoax that is being perpetrated to gain publicity, attention & perhaps money (i.e. see the "Breatharian" links posted by Phage & me).

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Did they do a scan of his stomach? Surely they could tell if he has ingested food in the last 70 years? The stomach shrinks and expands with food intake does it not? He should have a very different body chemistry and lack all kinds of vitamins and minerals unless he absorbs those through his skin as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join