It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

He's already done six days under their obs without passing a single drop of urine!!

Six days is nothing for someone who has gone decades without food. Leave him in a sealed room, with NO access to other people who might slip him food and NO water in a toilet or sink and lets see how long he lasts.

I call bull# on the inedia thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ah yes here we go.. it WAS mentioned on ATS already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Do other people find the views that "humans can live without food, water and even breathing", just ridiculous? It is, just ridiculous!

As for the military and survival situations, I can see it now,"shot down behind enemy lines, no food or water, no problem.... just meditate!.....b.s.!

I invite anyone who can do this to come to my house, where I got an 8ft fishtank, I'll seal you inside, and then we'll see how long you survive without food/water and air.

This is just nonsense!

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Ladyinwaiting.....

Ah, but you've been misled friend, Ben Stiller. The $10,000 is only a down payment to get the process started:

Breatharian Institute Of America

Please do not waste time trying to contact me if you do not have the $1,000,000.00 to pay for the workshop. Any further information pertaining to the workshops that is not on my web-site will be given only to those people who have made the $10,000 deposit.

Wow!!!

$1,000,000!!!

I wonder if it's possible to find out if anyone has actually been stupid enough to give money to these guys?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It made it to aljazeera:

NEWS CENTRAL/S. ASIA
Indian 'holy man' perplexes doctors

Doctors and experts are baffled by an Indian man who claims not to have eaten or drunk anything for 70 years - but is still in perfect health.

A team of scientists and doctors in Sterling Hospital, in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad, are studying the claims of Prahlad Jani, a local holy man, who is over 70 years old.

He claims to have been blessed by a goddess when he was 8-years-old, which has enabled him to survive without sustenance and that he derives energy through meditation.

Most people can live without food for several weeks, with the body drawing on its fat and protein stores. But the average human can survive for only three to four days without water.

Al Jazeera's Imran Khan reports.

With Video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'de like to share with everyone on ATS that the ability (to not eat and drink) for months/years/decades does indeed exist. But it certainly doesn't exist for the benefit of modern science, nor is it to allow mankind to not have to worry about the issue of food supply.

Bigu( as it is known in cultivation circles) exists to support people who engage in a specific spiritual practice that involve the practitioner to be away from everday socienty, and subsequently, food supply. It is not intended to be brought to everyday society, or disrupt everyday society... but it certainly exists, I can assure you.

There have been many posts on this thread suggesting that it is impossibe for a human body to not have food or water. At an everyday level of thinking, this is correct. In a more loftu realm of thought, these rules no longer apply.

The long term argument about mind and matter is the best clue. Science has already stated that when a thought in the human brain is generated, that there are brain waves produced. Arn't these brainwaves of material existence? Think about this principle in the context of Bigu, and you will have your answer. Mind and matter are the same thing

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I am finding the claims here about EM fields and magnetized tissue and other issues rather unbelievable. There are lots of claims that do not fit with the use of the terms either in a scientific manner or in the vernacular. It's coming across as an attempt to give a false impression of respectability to the claims.

I choose to believe that this is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

(stands up and applauds)well said, they say reality is stranger than fiction if we all had closed minds we would never get nowhere.ive heard of this thing before or something like it the kuchura mudra or something like that,releasing '___' from the pineal is supposed to be the elixer of life...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No wonder yogi masters live in hidden jungle of himalaya. While he claimed and experience the extraordinary science..., the average joes are accusing him as fraud. what a shame..

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by megamage

Would you be willing to look at his claim from a simple physics point of view? If the subject has a heartbeat, produces body heat and breathes than he's expanding energy. These basic functions roughly need 1000 calories per day. Our body is not a closed system. Where does the energy come from in his case?

His claim that he's "solar powered" needs to be vetted. So far I've seen zero proof. You know, I could claim that I live off the wind when it hits my left pinky

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I was looking around the web this morning trying to learn more about this guy and it seems that every paper has a slightly different answer on basic issues. His age varies a bit here and there. The number of years of no eating varies from 65 to 74. It began to sound to me like this guy can't remember what he's been telling people.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Absolutely. It's a hoax and I'm done here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Interesting.

I once knew of a man who could live on the smell of his feet...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7d36015b4dd1542f.png[/atsimg]

On a more serious note, I smell something from this indian man and lets just say it would not be possible to smell this certain foul odour if he did not eat.

This has me wondering how many people watched this scene here...

Then suffocated while trying to backflip off the ceiling.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

Right this is very closely related to "parthenogenesis" in other life forms -- even mammals can do "parthenogenesis."

You recycle your lower body waste -- just image NO SEXUAL EMISSIONS -- that right there for a male is an amazing source of energy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The pineal gland works as a piezoelectric transducer -- this is where the biophoton energy comes from.

andrewamarino.com...

S.B. Lang et al./Bioclectrochemistry and Bioenergetics 41(1996)191—195

Melatonin secretion by the pineal gland has been reported to be affected by exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs). In an initial investigation to determine if calcifications commonly found in the pineal gland could respond to EMFs by a transducer mechanism, studies were conducted to ascertain if pineal tissues were piezoelectric. Second harmonic generation (SHG) measurements showed that pineal tissues contained noncentrosymmetric crystals, thus proving the presence of piezoelectricity. Both mulberry-like and faceted crystalline calcifications were observed by scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Some of the calcifications had compositions similar to that of hydroxyapatite; others contained a high concentration of aluminum.

Again bone pressure is a transducer of ultrasound which then creates electromagnetic fields. This is why the full lotus is practiced in yoga -- cross your legs with your feet up on top your opposite thighs.

Now there is a pressure point at the base of the spine -- Gurdjieff calls this the "kundabuffer" -- it's also called the gate of life and death. It has to stretch open so that the lower body hormones can travel up the spine. Neurohormones -- mainly serotonin -- can then bypass the blood brain barrier via the endothelial cells.

This blood brain barrier bypass works through the ionization of the vagus nerve from the piezoelectric transduction -- and from right brain dominance or creating internal listening. We can hear ultrasound -- but only internally -- this is the secret of "mind yoga" -- when you stop your thought process and just listen. The highest tone you hear externally -- when focused internally creates ultrasound. This is discussed in Drosich's book "Magic of the Senses" on biophysics.

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

That will give you several science studies on piezoelectric transduction and also on ultrasound cavitation or sonofusion.

Here's more on quantum chaos biology and biophotons:

Here's the connection to SponCom -- Spontaneous Human Combustion:

[edit on 30-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by sum1one

Right this is very closely related to "parthenogenesis" in other life forms -- even mammals can do "parthenogenesis."

You recycle your lower body waste -- just image NO SEXUAL EMISSIONS -- that right there for a male is an amazing source of energy.

Never heard of "parthenogenesis" before, so I wiki'd it, this is what they say

"There are no known cases of naturally occurring mammalian parthenogenesis in the wild."............

this has only been created with mammals in a laboratory, so you FAIL again! Mammals cannot do "parthenogenesis" unless we humans interfere and play the creator!

What you are talking about is very dangerous, please read

There are no known cases of naturally occurring mammalian parthenogenesis in the wild. However, in 1936 Gregory Goodwin Pincus reported successfully inducing parthenogenesis in a rabbit.

In April 2004, scientists at Tokyo University of Agriculture used parthenogenesis successfully to create a fatherless mouse.

It is highly doubtful that artificial human parthenogenesis would be used to reproduce humans due to technical concerns. Use of an electrical or chemical stimulus can produce the beginning of the process of parthenogenesis in the asexual development of viable offspring.

Induced parthenogenesis in mice and monkeys often results in abnormal development. This is because mammals have imprinted genetic regions, where either the maternal or paternal chromosome is inactivated in the offspring in order for development to proceed normally. A mammal created by parthenogenesis would thus have double doses of maternally imprinted genes and lack paternally imprinted genes, leading to developmental abnormalities. As a consequence, research on human parthenogenesis is focused on the production of embryonic stem cells for use in medical treatment, not as a reproductive strategy.

Scary stuff eh?

peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by sum1one

Never heard of "parthenogenesis" before, so I wiki'd it, this is what they say

"There are no known cases of naturally occurring mammalian parthenogenesis in the wild."............

this has only been created with mammals in a laboratory, so you FAIL again! Mammals cannot do "parthenogenesis" unless we humans interfere and play the creator!

What you are talking about is very dangerous, please read

There are no known cases of naturally occurring mammalian parthenogenesis in the wild. However, in 1936 Gregory Goodwin Pincus reported successfully inducing parthenogenesis in a rabbit.

In April 2004, scientists at Tokyo University of Agriculture used parthenogenesis successfully to create a fatherless mouse.

It is highly doubtful that artificial human parthenogenesis would be used to reproduce humans due to technical concerns. Use of an electrical or chemical stimulus can produce the beginning of the process of parthenogenesis in the asexual development of viable offspring.

Induced parthenogenesis in mice and monkeys often results in abnormal development. This is because mammals have imprinted genetic regions, where either the maternal or paternal chromosome is inactivated in the offspring in order for development to proceed normally. A mammal created by parthenogenesis would thus have double doses of maternally imprinted genes and lack paternally imprinted genes, leading to developmental abnormalities. As a consequence, research on human parthenogenesis is focused on the production of embryonic stem cells for use in medical treatment, not as a reproductive strategy.

Scary stuff eh?

peace

Right "Medical treatment" -- not as reproductive strategy.

Yeah www.newscientist.com...

Only when sperm and egg meet are all of the key genes available, allowing proper development.

O.K. this is where we take you to the next level of esoteric secret -- the life force energy is electrochemical energy from outside of the body -- not just inside.

Check out this new Mantak Chia Taoist master video on STEM CELL energy -- sexual hormones -- plus the pineal gland COMBINED -- to give information to the stem cells:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've read several stories of what some religions say about the Pineal Gland. Supposedly from extremely deep meditation and feelings of pure joy, the gland creates a secretion that provides nutrients to the body. Theoretically the potential is there to no longer need food as all the nutrients are provided from this (theoretically being the obvious word here as the whole thing is based on religious beliefs... of which I have non!).

The Pineal gland apparently also has no recognisable use in the body, which makes this claim seem slightly more feasible as it is quite a major part of the brain to have no use whatsoever. I'm not saying I believe this story to be true, as what I've read about this gland states that only some very well trained practitioners can do this for minute amounts of time, and even they have to eat and drink. But supposedly the potential is there for it to be a permanent thing. Something I find very interesting anyway.

Anyway weather or not that is true, it would not account for the production of water. As stated earlier, our body requires large amounts of water simply to function. If he was not eating anything, then in theory there would be no toxins produced that would need to pissed out (correct me if I'm wrong here), however if he was urinating at any point then his body would simply not be able to function without water. And creating several litres of water from the body alone seems very much unlikely

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

O.K. the pineal gland is a piezoelectric transducer and it creates reverse electrolysis. I went 8 days on half a glass of water -- I was never hungry nor thirsty and the electromagnetic fields kept getting stronger and stronger:

www.physlink.com...

As free hydrogen and oxygen atoms collect on the plates, they are chemically attracted to each other, but the polymer membrane prevents all but the small hydrogen protons from passing through. The potential created by shearing off the hydrogen proton from its electron is usable electricity and is carried around the membrane in an external circuit. The byproducts of the fuel cell are heat (from the proton electron separation), and water.

Yes water does POUR down from the center of the brain through the roof of the mouth! I was amazed when I discovered this -- it's called "ambrosia" in alchemy.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join