It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

CNN: Hawking projecting the fear factor?

page: 3
4
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89
 
Please tell what Stephen Hawking would be able to do with that large sum of cash.



[edit on 29-4-2010 by lee63]




posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Michio Kaku, Stephen Hawking... all great minds I really respect and admire, but I strongly disagree with the opinion that an alien race will be hostile. I said in the other topic that I don't believe that war and aggression is an eternal trait for any race, and an alien civilization capable of interstellar travel will be many thousands of years a. of us at least. These guys are physicists, their field is not human behavior, history or anything that would promote an educated opinion on the matter.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here is an example of what I see in this video segment;

Stephen Hawkins - "Iraqi's are terrorists"

CNN - "Iraqis are terrorists because they are just like religious radicals"

If you dont call that a one sided argument then you must be blind!!!

And why is Neil deGrasse Tyson reading off of a telepromter?
Look at his eyes; he is reading!!!!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by DjSharperimage]



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex
 


Actually, I remember seeing a study on subliminal messaging (in this case, advertisement); flicking images between the actual frames didn't really do that much. Maybe if repeated much, they could affect somebody.

I think suggestive techniques would be more efficient.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by DoomsdayRex
 


Actually, I remember seeing a study on subliminal messaging (in this case, advertisement); flicking images between the actual frames didn't really do that much. Maybe if repeated much, they could affect somebody.

I think suggestive techniques would be more efficient.


suggestive bombardment is what the Mianstream Media use 24/7

as we could see in the Original Post



[edit on 29-4-2010 by DjSharperimage]



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
I meant the argument was one sided because no one ever said anything about aliens being peaceful...


Tyson did say that, repeatedly. He stated Hawking's fears were not about aliens, because we have no idea how aliens will think or behave, but about us.

Being that you have so blatantly ignored this, said there were subliminal messages and accused Tyson of reading from a teleprompter, I have to think you are hearing and seeing only what you want to.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Stephen Hawkins - "Iraqi's are terrorists"

CNN - "Iraqis are terrorists because they are just like religious radicals"

If you dont call that a one sided argument then you must be blind!!!


That is not what was said at all. Using your frame work above, here what was actually said.

Hawking: "We should be careful about sending signals into space, because some aliens may not have our best intentions based on how humans have treated other humans."

CNN: "Could aliens be hostile?"

Tyson: "Maybe, we really don't know. But Hawking's comments were more about humanity's less-than-stellar track-record."

Why are you so egregiously twisting it?



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by DoomsdayRex
 


Actually, I remember seeing a study on subliminal messaging (in this case, advertisement); flicking images between the actual frames didn't really do that much. Maybe if repeated much, they could affect somebody.

I think suggestive techniques would be more efficient.


You're right. The effectiveness of subliminal messages is a myth based on a 1950's advertising hoax. No lasting effect has ever been found.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You know what?
I am just going to agree to disagree;
You have taken my posts out of context many times;
End of story



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sounds to me like this is just the continuing reinforcement of the Brookings report mentality. The more they continue to tell and convince us that we're skittish panicky animals, the more they think they can convince us to leave all the power, control and responsibility in their hands.

The funny thing is, with every story I hear about of an encounter or sighting, though some may experience fear, I've not heard too often if at all of anyone freaking out in total panic and chaos.

But hey, if they think we should be frightened of everything different and unknown then I guess we should be cause they say so. I mean, they are the ones with the healthy I.q.'s after all.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Sounds to me like this is just the continuing reinforcement of the Brookings report mentality. The more they continue to tell and convince us that we're skittish panicky animals, the more they think they can convince us to leave all the power, control and responsibility in their hands.

The funny thing is, with every story I hear about of an encounter or sighting, though some may experience fear, I've not heard too often if at all of anyone freaking out in total panic and chaos.

But hey, if they think we should be frightened of everything different and unknown then I guess we should be cause they say so. I mean, they are the ones with the healthy I.q.'s after all.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



This is the message I am trying to get across to the people that are attacking me;
But they seem to have some kind of Obama zombie love or something.....

[edit on 30-4-2010 by DjSharperimage]



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Imagine if aliens spent all their time on ATS arguing over stupid stuff?

THEN THEY'D BE JUST LIKE US!



posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
at least he's not an idiot like michio kaku, that hack steals all his ideas from buck rogers and star trek. i think his mind took a trip thru a wormhole and never returned. when he was on larry king, he was dismissing interstellar travel and faster than light speed propulsion because his petty and small mind couldn't concieve how to do it, so according to him it must be impossible. he was going on how no aliens have visited us like he is the final authority, while dan ackroyd of all people was pointing out to him about different accounts from people who live in the real world; mainly generals, colonels, pilots and military personnel who are so serious and no nonsense that they would not stake their reputations on such lies.



posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I believe that when it comes to alien races there are three types of extra terrestrials you might encounter:

1.) Those that are friendly towards our race, who grieve for our inhuman atrocities, but want us to unlock our immensely ignored potential to become compassionate, enlightened creatures.

2.) Those who remain neutral towards humanity in a wait and see type manner. They are probably the most likely group to perform direct research of the beings of this planet because of their neutrality.

3.) Those that are not fond of Earth and would love nothing more than to see us wiped from existence. Sadly our race as a whole makes this group's endeavors a lot easier to pursue. These are the types that I think Hawkings might be talking about, of course considering the way humans aggressively pursue monkey brained impulses, all they have to do is sit back and let humanity destroy itself while they laugh at our folly for believing the lies.

I think within these pockets of thinking are different alien races instead of just one, with some groups having same species aliens interspersed within each of their structures.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Reptilian_Queen]




top topics



 
4
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join