It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody else had a similar "dream"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hello all, this is my first thread all of my own so bare with me. For starters, I'm putting this in the gray area so I would appreciate actual responses instead of verbal assaults.

Last year, after my moms death (which ironically was this very day, one year ago) my entire paradigm of reality came crashing down around me. I've always been "unplugged" from the system and knew that everything wasn't as it seemed but, never got in to it enough to understand why. After mom died, I came across several different readings, ATS itself and a lot of metaphysics and eastern philosophy. This happened to be exactly what i've been feeling and looking for my whole life. I also really got in to meditation to which i've had instant success with, and I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, a few months in to this I had a dream unlike any dream i've ever had in my life. I went to sleep and at some point during my sleep, I woke up and knew I was somewhere else. I felt like I knew where I was but, wasn't sure. I was being walked around and shown places inside where I was. I could not see who was walking me around but, I was definitely being guided by somebody. The first thing I remember being shown was an auditorium shaped room with a big theater screen. It was very similar to a theater with stadium seating. People were there and being shown video of what I remember being events in earths history. I was walked along the halls further after being shown this and shown a few other small things which I can't totally remember and then I came to the last room that I remember. I'm walked in to this room and there were a few tables with children. I knew there was one table I was supposed to look at. This table had 4-5 kids at it and they were watching a video similar to the one the adults were watching in the auditorium. I recognized these kids. This is where it gets really strange to me. I've always had what felt like a "connection" with this certain group of children/friends. All of my life I've felt this. We all met in kindergarten and even though we drifted apart throughout the years, I still feel that connection. Oddly enough, all but 1 or 2 of us from this group have lost at least 1 parent as well. And we're only 30.

So, I'm watching this table and i'm looking at the last kid and as I do, I get the strangest feeling and I knew immediately that it was me. Just as I realize that, the kid turns around and looks at me and it is indeed me as a child. At that moment, I wake up, SITTING up in my bed, covered in sweat and breathing extremely heavy.

So, here is where I may lose some of you... The feeling that I was left with after this dream (and what I knew as I was dreaming) was that I was in a craft... Yes, a UFO for lack of terminology that's easier to digest. I never had a feeling that my guide was human. Does that mean it was an ET? That I don't know... for all I know it could have been a celestial craft. I really don't know. I do know that I was in a circular craft by the interior layout.

I can't shake this out of my head. There is no possible way that this experience was anything but real. Have any of you had any experiences that are similar to this one? I'm very interested to see if I can relate this to anybody elses experiences!

Thanks for reading! It feels good to be able to discuss this comfortably!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain Whitley Streiber describes a similar event/dream state scenario in his book 'Communion'...
would you be interested in a link?
Anyway, I'm not by any means discounting your dream.
(or the possibility that it is a factual recollection)
it's intriguing how these things occur!
Cheers,
Wag.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Absolutely, shoot me the link! Thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

Ok, I'm leaving work now, so I will get back to you ASAP
Wag.

(by Asap I mean tomorrow morning...sorry)

In the meantime I'm sure you'll get some interesting responses to your dream!
Cheers again,
Wag.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I really enjoyed your post. I believe that this really happened to you but what or who it was, I cannot say.

I really wish I could experience something like that. Hopefully someone on here can help you decode what happened. I guess what Im saying is that I really dont have any experiential input I can share but Im intrigued by your story and would love to read more about it.

I hope you'll keep us posted if you discover anything.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
I can't shake this out of my head. There is no possible way that this experience was anything but real.

There is a definetly possible way it wasnt real. It was a dream. Intense dreams feel this way. I have had some very strange dreams like that which you have describe. I have even felt like i was flying up in a craft and doing battle against alien visitors for lack of a better word. Do i think it means anything other than dream symbolism which is my unconcious way of trying to show me something else going on in my life? NOPE.

It sounds like your already sure that you and these other kids are alien hybrids or something sent to earth and when you were a child you were in some spacecraft or thats what i am gleaning from the direction your heading. At any rate if you have already decided your a alien experiment or creation and your connected with these other people then are you just trying to find similar people who may also share same thought?
Be open to the fact that it was a dream and nothing more unless you start having memories in your waking state as well as sharing same dreams with these other kids. Get in touch with them and see if they share similar dreams. If so then maybe your not having a dream so much as your having a memory flashback or your mind is trying to make you remember something.

I tend to think that with the emotional trauma you have experienced with the loss of a parent that this is what is precipitating your dreams. Thats just my opinion though but again i would be open to the fact that it is just that and not say there is no way it could be anything but real.

oh and btw.. sorry for the loss of your mom. I know how it feels to loose a parent. It sucks. I lost my dad to cancer and watched it eat him away. I moved him and my mom in with me and my wife. When he died my mom went to live with my sister and we moved my son back in the room they had been using. My son was 3 at the time and he used to talk tohimself in his room when he was playing. When asked who you are talking to he said grandpa. At first i thought wow couldhe really be talking to him then i realized it wasnt a ghost just a 3 yr old mind trying to deal with the loss of a grandpa he loved dearly. Its easy to jump to the paranormal with no real basis for doing so just because on the surface it seems bizarre.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by fizzy1]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

I can't shake this out of my head. There is no possible way that this experience was anything but real.

It sounds like your already sure that you and these other kids are alien hybrids or something sent to earth and when you were a child you were in some spacecraft or thats what i am gleaning from the direction your heading.

Interesting... Not 100% sure how you gathered me saying that we were alien hybrids from that?!? hehe .. That's not exactly the direction I was headed but, a unique twist indeed!!

As I said, I'm looking for similar stories.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by noisemedia

Excellent, thanks for the understanding response! I will most certainly give updates .. Unfortunately, the thread appears to be moving relatively slowly! oh well, feels good to talk about it regardless!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I search all my life to find answers about my dreams,they started when i was around 5 years old(at least the ones i remember).

THE FIRST DREAM:cannot remember how i got there,but i was sitting in front of a round window watching the Earth definetely from space.There was someone behind me and he told me:"they are playing with people,the same way you play with your dolls".Suddenly 2 cartoon like "monsters" appeared over the Earth(like projections) and started giving orders to humans: "you go and make war","you kill" etc.

I don't remember if he told me anything else or what happened when i woke up,it's been a very long time.I see similar dreams since then all the time.The weird thing is that since i was a kid i knew the history of mankind before i read it at school or anywhere else.

Anyway my dreams most of the times contain "alien" landscapes,a lot of space and it might surprise you but he(the voice from the first dream) has returned in dreams several times.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Now THAT is the kind of response that I was hoping for... I can definitely relate to the feelings you've had since a child as I've had similar feelings. And definitely the feeling of being out of place. Nothing "strange" about me or anything, just the feelings that things aren't right and the status quo isn't right. Especially when it comes to the way the world works and organized religion.

When I was small, I had re-occurring dreams every May for several years straight for some reason. They finally stopped but, it was strange indeed and went on for years.

I feel like I was seeing Earth through a window in the dream that I wrote about as well. Although I don't remember that as vividly as the other stuff.

Excellent response and thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
OP - re your description of being guided around and the auditorium - please read Waiting2's experience in the Have You Been to the Grey Room thread, also in the Grey Area.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
OP - re your description of being guided around and the auditorium - please read Waiting2's experience in the Have You Been to the Grey Room thread, also in the Grey Area.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have had dreams similar to that all my life. Yes Strieber has had experiences like that as well. Yet it was not Communion it was in his book transformation, He was seeing well what he described as hybrids, or his theory. Closest things to intelligent idea's of what these dreams mean would be to check out a couple of his books. The nonfiction ones.

I am to the point now in my dreams, where I am controlling actions, and their are plots and decisions made where i am gaining more and more control, the hard thing for me is trying to understand the weirdness of the reality of the dream. For instance the last dream I had that was Vivid, and almost real sense, I was talking to some people from the future, thinking I was dead, and they told me we never said you were dead, you did, and they led me to a train that took me across a cityscape that looked futuristic, and not of our world but similar, in a strange way. Anyhow I cannot explain my dreams in words on a message board, they are designed for me to understand. As so is your's OP.

no disrespect ATS. You can order Strieber's book here. Avoid the message board thou, allot of old mean troll's there.. They wont help you..

www.unknowncountry.com

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Surprised to be Here

Thanks for the reference!... I remember reading this a while back now that I think about it and never related it to my experience... Now that I re-read it, there are similarities... Thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

I am to the point now in my dreams, where I am controlling actions, and their are plots and decisions made where i am gaining more and more control, the hard thing for me is trying to understand the weirdness of the reality of the dream.

Very cool and I'm working on the same things myself. As far as the weirdness and the reality, I am of the belief that vivid dreams are indeed an extension of your consciousness and a "real" experience in their own right. What does "real" mean? I dunno.. Perhaps another dimensional level, another plane, etc.. Regardless, that makes far more sense to me than the simple mainstream scientific explanations... I belief there is far more to "reality" than meets the eye! Thanks for your story!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up, I had a look last night and was wondering why I couldnt find anything in Communion...

I was actually referring to a story I vaguely recall he had - I think it was a dream he had of himself and his wife in a post-apocalyptic future and he caught a glimpse of himself when he was years younger walking towards them while they are gathering nuts under a tree outside their home...?

I will double check but it was in reference to the idea the OP had of viewing himself as a child...

Very cool dream sequence though... just a quick question to OP, are you entertaining the idea that this is a possible situation that has actually occurred ie. abduction scenario's in reality? that you are remembering subconciously?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

I'm entertaining the idea that I experienced something "real" but I experienced it subconsciously. I've read a lot about the subconscious experiencing reality and even the idea that abductions can happen without actually removing the physical body. I'm not saying that I positively got abducted but, I don't know. All I know is that SOMETHING happened and it was an experience unlike any other.

You guys are a great group, thanks for the decent discussion without all the negativity!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Now THAT is the kind of response that I was hoping for... I can definitely relate to the feelings you've had since a child as I've had similar feelings. And definitely the feeling of being out of place. Nothing "strange" about me or anything, just the feelings that things aren't right and the status quo isn't right. Especially when it comes to the way the world works and organized religion.

I know what you mean.I still feel out of place.The strange thing about me is that since the age of 5 i have never got sick,not even flu.I'm in perfect health although i drink a lot,i smoke and i eat a lot of junk food.My lungs (should be pitch black with all the cigarretes) are like a baby's(according to my doctor).

OK a question. Has anyone ever dreamt of a place called "the lower levels"?It's in space,like a space station or something,and the residents are large grey skin creatures(nothing like the greys we all know and love
),really ungly,with huge pointy ears.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yeah, similar here.. I don't smoke but i've never had any health issues.. I've rolled and flipped and been through several things that could have caused serious harm and always come out scratchless.. Coincidence? Luck? I dunno... Probably but, who knows!?

I've never had any dreams with the lower levels stuff that I know of... Hopefully somebody will chime in with a similar experience!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well authored post and subsequent responses... I really enjoyed them. I have an old 'dream' book which I think is pretty unique, I can't find any references to it on the internet, and we all know e can fin dsome pretty obscure things on the net!

Anyways I will check it and get back to you if I find anything. In the meantime, you mentioned a few things there that convince me that yo uwill have something to share of at least gain from visiting my Metaphysics resource thread, please check it out.

That goes to anybody! It is the first link in my signature

Good responses from people here, nice to see that for a change

top topics

join