It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I quit smoking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
All right guys! This is it! I am going to bed smoking my last cig right now as I write these lines...... Anyone wants to join me?

I have been smoking about 2 packs a day since 1986 I will turn 40 in May. I am really serious about it.

I encourage you to do the same and join the party!!! OMG what a party.....

Please be there to help me !!! :bnghd:

[edit on 29-4-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

It's been over six months since I had my last cigarette, so I wish you all the best in quitting! The first week is the hardest, then it gets easier as time goes on....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

This was not a good day... I will tell you the truth, I have smoke 9 cigs today and the day is not over yet. But I guess this is a good start since I use to smoke 2 packs a day. I have found some auto-hypnosis audio recordings that are suppose to help quit smoking. I will upload'em to my Iphone and listen to them later tonight.

I am looking forward for tomorrow...almost

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

I have a friend who had hypnosis to quit smoking and it worked.

He was very skeptical making jokes like 'I am under your control' etc before his appointment. He recalls being told to look or stare at water whenever he had a craving.

He smoked 20 a day.

You have only 'quit' for a couple of days so hang in there and as JaxonRoberts said "The first week is the hardest, then it gets easier as time goes on...."

Maybe going cold turkey isn't for you. You could try weaning yourself off them, or nicotine gum/patches or even a combination of therapy.

Just don't get down with an 'I've already failed' attitude. It's early days.

It can be done.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

This was not a good day... I will tell you the truth, I have smoke 9 cigs today and the day is not over yet. But I guess this is a good start since I use to smoke 2 packs a day. I have found some auto-hypnosis audio recordings that are suppose to help quit smoking. I will upload'em to my Iphone and listen to them later tonight.

I am looking forward for tomorrow...almost

I quit a year ago an haven't looked back. My experience on quitting cold turkey is that if there is a cigarette in the house, it will be smoked whether I wanted to or not. I had a week off, and made sure no cigarette came into the house. I didn't have my car so couldn't go to the shop to buy any. So I basically locked myself in the house for a few days till I pretty much kicked the habit. For me, there as probably no other way.
On the other hand, since quitting, I've noticed how addicted I am to caffeine, which is something I really need to quit as well. Good luck mate.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good luck, I smoke like a chimney and I wish I could quit, I wish you nothing but success in kicking the habit

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It lasts 5 days then......

I went to a party met with my good old friend Buddy Weiser who was partying with John Players and Mary Jane , so we spent the night together and had a real good time !!!

[edit on 10-5-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's easy to quit smoking...... I've done it dozens of times!

......we've probably all heard that old line (with varying amounts of amusement). But there is some truth to it. To quit smoking, you have to decide to quit each and every day! It's just that it's so easy to simply "forget" or to find an "excuse" to have "just one more" cigarette. To truly quit, you have to make a decision to quit every day, every hour, every minute -- always.

If you "slip", don't beat yourself up. Just start quitting again.

Nicotine addiction has to be one of the most insidious addictions possible. It "plays" with your mind, you mood and even the way you physically feel. But the payoff of quitting is really well worth it in so many ways, especially in the sense of accomplishment.

I wish you much strength, courage and, yes, much luck in your efforts to quit smoking.

new topics

top topics

join