Parrot formation found on Mars?

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't know if this belongs here..and I did a search and didn't find anything about it.

There are some VERY interesting photos supplied by NASA of formations that seem to be extremely accurate depictions of a parrot...i know, because I have one...it was amazing the several points of similiarity.

I'm going to try to show the parrot here...here goes...

the entire atricle can be seen here...
Parrot photos and analysis

another discussion with photo

hope i did this right...if the photo doesn't show up...can someone please tell me if/how I can upload photos from my hard drive?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by wiseone11]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I seriously can't tell if your serious or if this is a joke thread. If it's a joke thread, then laughs all around (I can point out a few other animals and stuff I see when I look at those pictures too if that is the game here). If this isn't a joke thread, I shudder to think that somewhere on the other side of a keyboard is someone who honestly believes that this picture of nothing more than typical random surface features means anything more than it does.

Your human, we all are. That causes us to pick out patterns in images of stuff that is on our mind (like your parrot). Please google the word Paradolia for more info. We all suffer from it to one degree or another. But this is no different than my neighbor's kid pointing to a cloud and telling me it is scooby-doo.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sure why not? I found all kinds of animals: Here.

I am curious....why would there be a parrot on Mars? I mean, does this logically make sense? Having a parrot you know the living conditions they need to survive. How would they survive on Mars? And how the heck did they get there?

Paradolia. We all do it
I have a vivid imagination and see shapes in all kinds of stuff

[edit on April 28th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have one.

About a foot away from the landers solar panels on the left you'll see what is definitely a McDonalds kids happy meal toy. I think it looks like the hamburgler

[edit on 29-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No, it's not a joke thread at all...I am fully aware that the human brain is wired to find similarities to make sense of things. Out of all the off-the-wall things that have been presented I thought this was a very interesting photo.

I am sorry that you apparently took my observation completely out of context...i did not say, nor do i believe a parrot is on Mars...I called it a parrot-like formation...which it does appear to be.

It is also an excellent example of how we must be very careful in our observations. And that "random" occurances such as this need to be viewed in a different light...i.e. not so impossible.

I don't know if your response was intended to be rude, but it did reveal ...well, nevermind.

I thought the photo was interesting. It DOES look like a parrot.

Our universe is full of amazing things..things we must learn to see in context so we may continue to learn.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So THAT's where my happy meal went when I was abducted...I HATE it when that happens! :-)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Man did I lmao at that one! Sheesh that was great!

OT now..

I look at clouds and a see shapes all the time too!

Anyway I like the MAR article though, I would liek to think the martians like animals also!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
But you guys are forgetting this thread from weeks back

Birds Cannot Be Trusted And The Reptilian Connection.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is just more proof that we are nothing but their pawns.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Excellent parrot. It even has a little leg. I am genuinely impressed. Finding images in natural formations is a bit of a hobby of mine. It's amazing what you can find.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
A science paper titled “Avian Formation on a South-Facing Slope Along the Northwest Rim of the Argyre Basin” - has been published about this parrot formation in the Fall 2011 issue of the Journal of Scientific Exploration (JSE).

The paper identifies a parrot-shaped geoglyph on the surface of Mars that is documented in three separate NASA photographs. The paper examines the parrot formation and its unique features that are verified by a pair of image analysts, two geologists, and three veterinarians - that collectively confirm the parrots 17 points of anatomical correctness.

You can read the pdf version of the paper at The Society for Planetary SETI Research.
Link: spsr.utsi.edu...

Go to the Peer Reviewed Journal Publications page.

Zip Monster

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The parrot formation on Mars was featured in the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Atlantis Rising.

The article is titled "PARROT ON MARS".

Here is a link to the article in a PDF sampler issue (See Early Rays page): www.atlantisrising.com...

Zip Monster

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you missed it the Parrot geoglyph on Mars was featured in The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.

"Earthlings Look for Signs in New Photos of Mars"
Wall Street Journal
By ERICA E. PHILLIPS
August 21, 2012

"The American public, they may not be ready for the parrot"

Link: online.wsj.com...

Zip Monster

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
NASA has taken four images of the parrot formation, however they have not taken an image of the formation with the HiRISE camera.

Still waiting....

Zip Monster

top topics

join