It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Baldwin is Raping Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thought I would share this, though I'm not sure this is the correct forum. Mods please move if necessary.

Restore Stephen Baldwin

This might be one of the most laughable and despicable things I have seen out of Hollywood in a while. The sad part is that people from all over the world are apparently donating to this "foundation."

Basically, Baldwin lived like a millionaire D-bag who couldn't earn his keep. He went into bankruptcy and is now using, or as I used in the title, raping Christianity for monetary gain. He is claiming to be, or at least be representative of a new "Job" from the Bible.
I'm extremely religious, spiritual, whatever floats your boat, but its not the fact that it's Christianity (as I don't call any single religion my own at this point), it's the fact that people are actually donating this guy money. Check his facebook/myspace links. I have enjoyed the negative comments on them, but also have been repulsed by the apparent gulliblity or stupidity present in some of the supporters. His family has to be worth tens, if not hundreds of millions.

I am curious to learn what you all think about this, especially devout Christians. I generally despise even wasting my time to find things like this, but the South Park crew threw it in at the end of tonight's episode. They could have a field day with Baldwin.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In that case...I'm of the famous Estrada Clan. How's about you donate some charitable funds my way, as I too am a "born again"?

Seriously, that there are gullible people out there that are acutally partaking in this event is horrid.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

I know man, I thought it was a joke created by Stone and Parker (the creators of South Park), but it is legitimate (well, real is a better term).

I love the logic that a semi-famous, no-talent ass clown like Stephen Baldwin begging for money to pay back the millions he probably owes is in any way related to Job from the Bible. Job, according to the Bible, lost his wife, children, house, money and health after living a respectful and obedient life. Baldwin lived like a coc aine cowboy, comes from a family worth millions and has not suffered anywhere near as much as Job in any single one of his disasters.

Job may have been rich in his day, but he did not lose everything because he was the spoiled offspring of a rich Hollywood family who lived well beyond his means.

Somone should burn the rest of whatever he owns.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In 2 Corinthians 2:17,it says:"Unlike so many,we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary,we speak before God with sincerity,like men sent from God."

I think his request for money is shameful and if I were him I would be totally embarrassed!

It doesn't say much about his faith,does it?! Unless it's in the saying,"A fool and his money are soon parted"!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I understand their point.
He's lost jobs due to his faith.
His life is mirroring the life of Job, who was ridiculed and lost everything he had.
People everywhere mocked him saying 'Where's your God now Job (Baldwin)!
If you donate and help him (Baldwin) it will prove he was not forsaken by God, or his fellow Christians, and, thus he can go on to preach and spread his message.

Ok - Got it.
Sounds great.
Sounds like a plan.
Only one problem.
If you're so driven to spread God's word, so compelled to be Christ-like, a Christian - you don't need money (or at least the amounts of money the organization is looking for)...

So, do I think it's a scam? I don't know - but I hope not.
Do I agree with it - Nope.
It's most likely he's doing more damage than good.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think he lost his money because of his faith. Stephen Baldwin is a C or D grade actor. He played a 15 second role in Half-Baked if that tells you anything. He lived in a mansion, had multiple cars and could not get the work (work he does not deserve) to pay the massive bills that come with that kind of life. He may have been "born again" Christian before, though that is disputable, but he's just using religion for his own gain. He should admire the fact that he has beem humbled and is poor. Christianity is all about the poor. The blessing is in the struggle. In fact, most every religion I've ever studied has reflected on the benefits of being poor. This is a full-blown scam in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Very nice, I assume you are a fairly devout Christian by your quoting of passages, or at least well versed in the religion.

I couldn't agree more with you or the scripture in this case.

Thanks brother (or sister).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Thank you for that compliment!

I'm just a sinner saved by grace and a believer in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Domain ID
157065498-LROR
Domain Name:RESTORESTEPHENBALDWIN.ORG
Created On:09-Sep-2009 13:33:49 UTC
Last Updated On:09-Apr-2010 05:05:55 UTC
Expiration Date:09-Sep-2011 13:33:49 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR13752924
Registrant Name:Louis Podesta
Registrant Organization:SPX Graphics Group, Inc.
Registrant Street1:185 Merritts Road, Second Floor
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Farmingdale

From Podesta's website:

When actor/author Stephen Baldwin wanted to launch his official online presence, Louis spearheaded the project. “Lou’s creativity is unsurpassed. He is truly a businessman of the utmost integrity and is a pleasure to work with” said Baldwin. Lou and SPX also did the same for Stephen’s brother Billy. “Lou has impeccable creative insight and instinctively knew what the site needed,” said Billy Baldwin. To add to his credit, Lou helped in the promotion of Stephen Baldwin’s published book “The Unusual Suspect” with dozens of ad’s seen throughout Times Square.

www.loupod.com...

Is this any different from televangelism?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am glad to see someone use Christianity the way it used people what goes around comes around good for him.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I just saw him in a film last year called Spy Kids.
Tom Sizemore played his brother in that movie.
And if I remember correctly he was cussing
up a storm, not very christian like role to
play when u r trying to uphold a new image.
He died in the movie at the end :::: spoiler alert
lol

[edit on 29-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Stephen is simply following in his brother Alec's foot steps. He couldn't make it legitimately as an actor and fell back on something that gave him a sense of power. Religion. Pretty pathetic really.

Alec wanted to run for political office. Ahhhh.....the guy is a jerk. Just ask any NY waiter and they will tell you that.

Little Bro needs some power. CALL on the sky gods. The guy is totally an athema to the roles he played in the movies. Where is his morals?

I gots religion now! Give me some attention and your money too!

I like the fat Baldwin brother. At least he's real.

Sorry, but the Baldwins in any political climate makes me want to vomit.

Their looks are gone and now look... what are they trying to hang on to? Religion and politics. Won't happen. They simply are not sophisticated enough to pull it off.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not really phage (in response to televangelism). Just found it interesting, wanted to just see how some of the more Christian-minded people on this board felt about it. I wouldn't even post it if I wasn't so damn curious as to how and why people would donate any money to this dude. Mainly due to the fact it is obvious that his family is extremely wealthy and that he blew all his cash on whatever frivalous stuff he didn't need. At least televangelists try to convince you it's all for God and the poor without a famous Hollywood family name like the Baldwins.

If I had to rate it (and believe me, I don't
)

I would say Stephen Baldwin is raping Christianity on a playground during recess.

Televangelists are sexually harrassing Christianity at the office.

.....that's my cue to leave and sleep. adios, thanks for the input everyone.

Oh and since you're here phage, I'm gonna go ahead and propose that he is trying to rake in money to build his wing of the Baldwin family 2012 nibiru nephilim-proof bunker (NNPB). They are obviously rich and have the connections necessary to get inside information that is known only to TPTB and some dead astronomers, who I can not name for security reasons. According to inside sources who do black op construction projects (my cousin was one, I can't tell you his name or company though, because I fear for his life), the NNPB is powered by radical technologies backward-engineered from crash alien ships. This technology harnesses zero-point energy fields. Stephen's wing is reported to have its own array of HAARP so that he may alter the weather, create any natural disaster known (and unknown) to man, and.....ummm....oh yeah, control people's thoughts.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh please, his christianity has nothing to do with him losing any jobs,... he was a devout christian while he hosted Scare Tactics, and had a couple other small jobs.

Why does he feel people should support him and his lifestyle just because he's christian ?? Thats ridiculous.

.. and to compare his life to "Job" is ludicrous. " oh Woe is me, I can't afford a new mercedes" give me a freagin break.

Anyone who sends this man money is a complete fool, so let them part with it if they choose.

But to send it to Stephen Baldwin !!! come on !!. This pisses me off so bad. To treat his faith in such a way and appeal for money should tell you right there that he is not a real christian.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
LoL good for Baldwin, I mean isn't he doing what the Church has been doing? Taking your money and making false claims?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
just a mediocre actor.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im not a religous guy and tbh after seeing baldwin on celeb big bro in the uk, I never will be. The guy is a right turd and if thats the kind of guy id have to sit next to in heaven, then book me a ticket on the next ride to hell.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a857392511b.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add: Can you really rape the willing???
edit on 14-11-2010 by JaxonRoberts because: Post Script

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am not the slightest bit surprised. After all, Alec is an alien... that's how they roll

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Q- Why does Stephen need personal wealth?
A- Stephen’s influence is in Hollywood. Hollywood worships money and without it you are seen as a loser and cannot be an effective influence to this group.

Seriously? Like really?? That should be the nail in the coffin on the whole story right there. This is merely a scaled down version of the vast majority of money-hungry lukewarm megachurches in America already. Only difference is, I guess here they aren't even bothering to preach you a fake gospel, "just shut up and give us your money". Lord God please have mercy....

top topics

join